Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 08:12 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times

Advertisements

or so the Washington Post claims.

Wendy Davis prepares to launch Texas gubernatorial bid next month

She has been busy raising money and support in Washington D.C. - looks like she is going to take the leap. I sure hope so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 08:32 AM

396 posts, read 364,743 times
This liberal is in the wrong state....another Republican win in Texas.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:40 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush71 View Post
This liberal is in the wrong state....another Republican win in Texas.

Yep. Barbie needs to find a new line of work.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:41 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Why would a politician need to go allllllllll the way to DC to raise money, if her candidacy was on sound footing with the electorate?

Old 09-18-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Why would a politician need to go allllllllll the way to DC to raise money, if her candidacy was on sound footing with the electorate?
Haven't you heard? The Washington Elite know a lot more about Texas that any of the 'hicks' that actually live in Texas. The plan is for Wendy to run with her side kick - Leticia Van de Putte of San Antonio. The Obama machine has a group formed in Texas called "Battleground Texas" with some of his top operatives - they are very confident.

If Wendy plays her cards right - she can get Big Bucks from Nanny Bloomberg and go after all those Texas gun lovers.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Haven't you heard? The Washington Elite know a lot more about Texas that any of the 'hicks' that actually live in Texas. The plan is for Wendy to run with her side kick - Leticia Van de Putte of San Antonio. The Obama machine has a group formed in Texas called "Battleground Texas" with some of his top operatives - they are very confident.

If Wendy plays her cards right - she can get Big Bucks from Nanny Bloomberg and go after all those Texas gun lovers.
well, I think you need to spend more time in the urban areas of Texas if you think the state is filled with hicks? How about San Antonio, Houston, Dallas and all the burbs surrounding those cities? How about all the major businesses that have re-located from California to Texas,? I don't care who she runs with, she isn't going to change the thinking of people there one bit. Just because you like her, doesn't mean others do, including most of the money in Texas and yes, there is a heck of a lot of it, in case you don't know.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:12 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Amazing how her fortunes improved through divorce. Now, I'm not accusing her of being an opportunist, user of people, or even unable to stand on her own.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
well, I think you need to spend more time in the urban areas of Texas if you think the state is filled with hicks? How about San Antonio, Houston, Dallas and all the burbs surrounding those cities? How about all the major businesses that have re-located from California to Texas,? I don't care who she runs with, she isn't going to change the thinking of people there one bit. Just because you like her, doesn't mean others do, including most of the money in Texas and yes, there is a heck of a lot of it, in case you don't know.
I've lived in "urban areas" of South, Central and North Texas with a family history in Texas that goes back to the mid-1800's. I think you missed my point - I want Wendy Davis to run for Governor because that is the easiest, fastest way to remove her as the Senator from Fort Worth and get her out of Texas politics. Julian Castro might have given Abbott a bit of a run, but apparently the plan is for Castro to run for the US Senate.

She is in for a very rude awakening. Wendy Davis won't have the War Chest that Bill White had and we saw how well that worked out for the Democrats. These "elite" Washington people think all Texans are "hicks" and that a razzle dazzle candidate like Barbie in pink tennis shoes will do the trick. They should read Ann Richards biography about how she mis-judged the electorate.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
I've lived in "urban areas" of South, Central and North Texas with a family history in Texas that goes back to the mid-1800's. I think you missed my point - I want Wendy Davis to run for Governor because that is the easiest, fastest way to remove her as the Senator from Fort Worth and get her out of Texas politics. Julian Castro might have given Abbott a bit of a run, but apparently the plan is for Castro to run for the US Senate.

She is in for a very rude awakening. Wendy Davis won't have the War Chest that Bill White had and we saw how well that worked out for the Democrats. These "elite" Washington people think all Texans are "hicks" and that a razzle dazzle candidate like Barbie in pink tennis shoes will do the trick. They should read Ann Richards biography about how she mis-judged the electorate.
I sure did, so now we are on the same side it appears. I will have to admit when Ann won the first time I was floored, but most of us remember some of the off the cuff stupid statements her opponent made. The second time around she ran into real competition and she was history.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:43 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
or so the Washington Post claims.

Wendy Davis prepares to launch Texas gubernatorial bid next month

She has been busy raising money and support in Washington D.C. - looks like she is going to take the leap. I sure hope so.
She is a one trick pony who will not raise much money in Texas. Her voters will strongly come out and vote but her detractors will come out to make sure she fails
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections