U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2013, 10:03 AM
 
3,421 posts, read 2,601,578 times
Reputation: 1238

Advertisements

Conservatives right now are upset that the establishment didn't support Ken Cuccienli for his race for governor. They are making the case that Ken was outspent by 15 million, and had they spent more money they would have won.

Here is what I can't figure out, why would more money needed to be pumped in to convince republicans to go to the voter's booth? I hear this one argument that Terry outspent Ken 25-1 on tv ads, in which terry is casting ken as a women hating politician. If you are a republican, I would assume you already know that is not the truth, and I assume you already know Terry is snake oil salesman.

My question would be, why would you need more money for more tv ads, unless of course, you are acknowledging that republican voters didn't know the truth about Ken and Terry, and that would imply they are low information voters who are easily influenced by 30 second tv ads. Whats the answer, why did you need more money for more ads, and more speeches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2013, 10:05 AM
 
27,273 posts, read 19,245,603 times
Reputation: 14553
if spending large amounts of money on TV ads is useless, why did mcauliffe do it?

"low information," indeed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2013, 10:07 AM
 
Location: In a Galaxy far, far away called Germany
4,284 posts, read 3,746,150 times
Reputation: 2334
Dude, really? Such ads target those who are either undecided or on the fence. Come on, if you are going to play the Democratic Homer card, at least try a little harder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 AM
 
2,922 posts, read 2,798,419 times
Reputation: 1266
Its to win over the low info voter that put that scum clinton money holder over the top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2013, 10:13 AM
 
3,421 posts, read 2,601,578 times
Reputation: 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
if spending large amounts of money on TV ads is useless, why did mcauliffe do it?

"low information," indeed
You had a true conservative, why didn't the grassroots come out an support him. Where were all the republicans at? this is an off year election, which means the republican base is normally the group that comes out in droves. What happened to that last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2013, 10:15 AM
 
3,421 posts, read 2,601,578 times
Reputation: 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Its to win over the low info voter that put that scum clinton money holder over the top.
why would you need to win over people who vote for democrats. Republicans claim that when you run as an unapologetic true conservative, the base will come out an support you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2013, 10:17 AM
 
3,421 posts, read 2,601,578 times
Reputation: 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Dude, really? Such ads target those who are either undecided or on the fence. Come on, if you are going to play the Democratic Homer card, at least try a little harder.
Dude, I read constantly on right wing websites, that when you have a true conservative running, the base will come out and support you, and true conservative win. That didn't happen last night, and you have the tea party blaming the establishment for a lack of support. Why would republicans need more 30 second ads to come out and vote for a true conservative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2013, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Tyler, TX
15,205 posts, read 18,308,986 times
Reputation: 8044
This is a local issue. It should be in the Virginia forum, or maybe in Elections. It doesn't belong in PoC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2013, 10:20 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,657,481 times
Reputation: 9364
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Conservatives right now are upset that the establishment didn't support Ken Cuccienli for his race for governor. They are making the case that Ken was outspent by 15 million, and had they spent more money they would have won.

Here is what I can't figure out, why would more money needed to be pumped in to convince republicans to go to the voter's booth? I hear this one argument that Terry outspent Ken 25-1 on tv ads, in which terry is casting ken as a women hating politician. If you are a republican, I would assume you already know that is not the truth, and I assume you already know Terry is snake oil salesman.

My question would be, why would you need more money for more tv ads, unless of course, you are acknowledging that republican voters didn't know the truth about Ken and Terry, and that would imply they are low information voters who are easily influenced by 30 second tv ads. Whats the answer, why did you need more money for more ads, and more speeches.
Didnt you vote for Obama, and his record spending on advertising to win his election, and even his re-elections? Wouldnt that make YOU a low information voter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2013, 10:24 AM
 
584 posts, read 661,660 times
Reputation: 764
This is one of those question that makes a false assumption and then try to get an one or the other answer. It's like asking if nighttrain has stopped stealing from charities. The premise of the question is false, so debating it worthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top