U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 10:06 AM

6,228 posts, read 1,852,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprimitive View Post
As Democrat I'm obviously not very welcome to comment here -- but I like Christie. In my opinion Democrats should lay off the guy because if things go much further south with Obamacare, it is likely a Republican could end up in the WH in 2017 and Christie is a better alternative than many.

I wish Christie would just lay off fueling speculation about a run for a while so people won't pile on so soon that he gets knocked out of contention before things even get rolling. Depending on who the Democratic nominee turns out to be, I would consider voting for him.
Sure. You'll "consider" it, and then buy all the DNC propaganda smearing Christie as a neanderthal who hates women/gays/blacks/etc. Same crap that happened when the GOP nominated moderates McCain and Romney.

The GOP needs to start nominating small government conservatives and doing what actual Republicans want done. I'm tired of Republicans choosing their nominees based on the preferences of people whose votes they will NEVER win anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 10:24 AM

745 posts, read 326,906 times
I'm a liberal, and I like Chris Christie.

The smear campaign against Christie has been from the loony teabaggers, not Democrats.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:27 AM

13,971 posts, read 6,951,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Sure. You'll "consider" it, and then buy all the DNC propaganda smearing Christie as a neanderthal who hates women/gays/blacks/etc. Same crap that happened when the GOP nominated moderates McCain and Romney.

The GOP needs to start nominating small government conservatives and doing what actual Republicans want done. I'm tired of Republicans choosing their nominees based on the preferences of people whose votes they will NEVER win anyway.
Riiight.

Because it's only propaganda when the other side does it.

The dishonesty just oozes.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:27 AM

584 posts, read 248,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why are so insistent that Christie is unique in a way that gives him saint status? Every time Obama sneezed it became a conspiracy theory and you want to talk about "propagnada"? Really? Even the Romney camp did not like things they ran across when they vetted Christie and you want to sweep his negative traits and agendas under the rug? Many in NJ are not pleased with Christie and his cooperation with Obama after Hurricane Sandy should not have been such a big deal other than the fact that the right wing has become so far right and radical that anyone seen talking the POTUS becomes taboo. Christie has done things that are not worthy of the halo you are tryng to place on his head. Are you kidding with this stuff?
Apparently you don't understand the difference between questioning someone for what they are currently doing and attacking someone because 3 years down the road they might run for president. You are also clearly willing to distort or otherwise fabricate the statements of others. Nowhere did a state or imply that Christie was a saint, or make any other comments about his character. A majority of people in NJ appear to generally like him as governor (or at least the better of the choices) If people in JN want to question him about what he is doing in their state, that is their right.

My post was very limited in scope. It voiced objection to a campaign by Democrats that's only purpose was to flood the nation with negative propaganda about a person that has not even stated if they are running for president. Sorry, but those type of action fall in the scummy category.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:28 AM

13,907 posts, read 4,852,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Scum of the earth and democrats? Can't tell the difference. Despicable people who do exactly what they accuse others of. Without a compliant media, stupid publicly *educated* voters, and dirty politics (what they did in Virginia to fool the stupid and split the vote) they wouldn't win any elections.

They're very good at being bottom feeding scum. Just as we see with their operatives on c-d. Mean, ugly, unpleasant people who were liked in school.
Yep. Despicable. They lie to suit their own agendas. I'm sure old, stupid, senile Harry will be along shortly to declare Chris has never paid tax.

And the low IQ, zero information voters. Thank God for the ignore button. Life's too short for that kind of dumb.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:37 AM

14,056 posts, read 7,444,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They did something worse - President Obama personally called Chris Chistie to congratulate him. Wonder who leaked that one. I'm betting it wasn't Christie.

So Obama congratulating a Republican on winning a race for Governor is now a conspiracy all of a sudden?? Really now?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:53 AM

9,436 posts, read 4,463,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Democrats begin effort to negatively define Chris Christie before 2016 campaign - The Washington Post

Here we go again. The one thing Democrats are good at: personally attacking and smearing those who disagree with them.
Republicans are doing a pretty good smear campaign of Christie themselves. Point the finger at your own party.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:54 AM

2,843 posts, read 1,811,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
Apparently you don't understand the difference between questioning someone for what they are currently doing and attacking someone because 3 years down the road they might run for president. You are also clearly willing to distort or otherwise fabricate the statements of others. Nowhere did a state or imply that Christie was a saint, or make any other comments about his character. A majority of people in NJ appear to generally like him as governor (or at least the better of the choices) If people in JN want to question him about what he is doing in their state, that is their right.

My post was very limited in scope. It voiced objection to a campaign by Democrats that's only purpose was to flood the nation with negative propaganda about a person that has not even stated if they are running for president. Sorry, but those type of action fall in the scummy category.
Sounds like your comments can be directly applied to those who are in a tizzy about Hillary Clinton.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:25 AM

584 posts, read 248,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Sounds like your comments can be directly applied to those who are in a tizzy about Hillary Clinton.
Again, failure to see the difference between individuals not liking the work she did and her past policies and an organized campaign designed solely to spread negativity. Are these differences that hard to understand?

Old 11-07-2013, 11:36 AM

2,843 posts, read 1,811,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
Again, failure to see the difference between individuals not liking the work she did and her past policies and an organized campaign designed solely to spread negativity. Are these differences that hard to understand?
Thank you for the clarification - and most of the storm and thunder about HRC falls into the latter category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections