U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 02:13 AM

33,113 posts, read 39,002,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The Democrat Party is a cancer on America. There is no other way of putting it.

News flash. most Democrats think the same of the Republican party..

As for Christie? looks like the Repubs arent overwhelmed at his success.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-christie.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 08:28 AM

351 posts, read 317,207 times
why do the media and some people make a big deal of Christie re-election?..........his opponent was weak as hell, Christie is the sitting governor meaning he is well known and had by far more money, that usually means a sure win for any incumbent.

that's like the Denver Broncos beating the Jacksonville Jaguars the worst team in football and making the case that because of that they can win the Super Bowl.........Chrisitie is a loooooooobg way from winning the nomination and a general election. I will bet that he can't beat Hillary Clinton in a general election in his home state.

I laugh at CNN how they spin his re-election and the numbers. Like he can attract women and latinos....and they are using NEW JERSEY poll numbers.......Im like look at who was his opponent, Barbara Buono????? did anybody think she ever had a shot? please.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:05 AM

54,067 posts, read 38,146,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
I'm a liberal, and I like Chris Christie.

The smear campaign against Christie has been from the loony teabaggers, not Democrats.
I'd vote for him if he ran as an (I) for POTUS but not if he embraced the typical GOP line of more spending on an already bloated defense industry and far too restrictive social policies.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:11 AM

23,691 posts, read 15,994,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
I'm a liberal, and I like Chris Christie.

The smear campaign against Christie has been from the loony teabaggers, not Democrats.
What exactly do you like about him? Certainly not his very Conservative social policies, not to mention his total refusal to get on board with green energy policies and intiatives.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:47 AM

23,691 posts, read 15,994,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
Apparently you don't understand the difference between questioning someone for what they are currently doing and attacking someone because 3 years down the road they might run for president. You are also clearly willing to distort or otherwise fabricate the statements of others. Nowhere did a state or imply that Christie was a saint, or make any other comments about his character. A majority of people in NJ appear to generally like him as governor (or at least the better of the choices) If people in JN want to question him about what he is doing in their state, that is their right.

My post was very limited in scope. It voiced objection to a campaign by Democrats that's only purpose was to flood the nation with negative propaganda about a person that has not even stated if they are running for president. Sorry, but those type of action fall in the scummy category.
...and it has been pointed out to you, several times, that the campaign season for 2016 has already started...awhile ago. And it has also been pointed out to you, that Christie has a sizeable amount of baggage that will be scrutinized very closely when he is officially a contender, which most people, with much more political expertise than you and me, already agree is a given. Are you Christie's campaign manger and consultant because it is difficult to understand your puzzling denial of what is obvious and par for the course. And...since when is any politican, Governor or otherwise, out of the loop and off limits to public praise or criticism? You do realize that Governors play a major role in national politics and policies too...or do you?

Old 11-08-2013, 09:53 AM

2,533 posts, read 2,379,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
You know who is attacking Christie now?

Rand Paul..

Rand Paul knocks Chris Christie for Hurricane Sandy TV ads
Yeah, I think Christie has far more to fear from his own political party since they are already attacking him for not being enough of a wing-nut.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:58 AM

46,054 posts, read 28,229,288 times
This is why no smart politician hints at running for president until it is time to run.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:22 AM

69,169 posts, read 79,318,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
Yeah, I think Christie has far more to fear from his own political party since they are already attacking him for not being enough of a wing-nut.
and you are getting your information from where? Yes, some were upset with the Sandy issue and yes, many are saying he is going to have to stop attacking other Republicans if he wants to make headway, but he isn't really being attacked by anyone right now. My biggest concern with him and I have a few is: the Democrats that say they would support him, may not, when it comes to marking their ballot. It is easy for any of us to say, hey, that is someone, from the other side I could support, but in the end we back down.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:30 AM

2,533 posts, read 2,379,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you are getting your information from where? Yes, some were upset with the Sandy issue and yes, many are saying he is going to have to stop attacking other Republicans if he wants to make headway, but he isn't really being attacked by anyone right now. My biggest concern with him and I have a few is: the Democrats that say they would support him, may not, when it comes to marking their ballot. It is easy for any of us to say, hey, that is someone, from the other side I could support, but in the end we back down.
This among others, they're easy to find.

GOP 2016 Hopefuls Swipe Chris Christie After Blowout Victory

Old 11-08-2013, 11:18 AM

351 posts, read 317,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Democrats say that but at the end they will vote for Hillary......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or