Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 12:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
This among others, they're easy to find.

GOP 2016 Hopefuls Swipe Chris Christie After Blowout Victory
OMG, you are basing your assumption that the GOP wants to dump Christie on something Cruz said that is being reported by a total liberal that has had connections with the Huffington Post? Aren't your stretching for something to back up your claim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 12:25 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
Democrats say that but at the end they will vote for Hillary......
My thoughts exactly. I am not anti Christie as I have said in the past, I am on the fence, but I do think it it might be necessarily to nominate a candidate that has appeal to the young voters, minorities but it a totally different from a Christie.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:01 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you are getting your information from where? Yes, some were upset with the Sandy issue and yes, many are saying he is going to have to stop attacking other Republicans if he wants to make headway, but he isn't really being attacked by anyone right now. My biggest concern with him and I have a few is: the Democrats that say they would support him, may not, when it comes to marking their ballot. It is easy for any of us to say, hey, that is someone, from the other side I could support, but in the end we back down.
Have you listened to Hannity, Beck, or Limbaugh lately? They got NOTHING good to say about Christie.

They want the latest tea party darling to represent them.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:15 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Democrats begin effort to negatively define Chris Christie before 2016 campaign - The Washington Post

Here we go again. The one thing Democrats are good at: personally attacking and smearing those who disagree with them.
[SARCASM]
Yes, Democrats are mean. Unlike Republicans, who are harmless put-upons that never said anything bad about anyone, ever. I remember when Hillary Clinton ran for President in 2008 and my right wing friends forwarded me those "Clinton Death Lists." Clearly Republicans had nothing to do with creating and circulating those death lists. [/SARCASM]

Old 11-08-2013, 10:12 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,660,936 times
I am as liberal as it gets.

I will definitely consider voting for Christie.

I am not just blowing smoke. I split my ticket and voted for Obama and Mitch Daniels in 2008.

Seriously.

Nominate a reasonable pragmatist and not a crazy ideologue, and you will get my vote.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you are getting your information from where? Yes, some were upset with the Sandy issue and yes, many are saying he is going to have to stop attacking other Republicans if he wants to make headway, but he isn't really being attacked by anyone right now. My biggest concern with him and I have a few is: the Democrats that say they would support him, may not, when it comes to marking their ballot. It is easy for any of us to say, hey, that is someone, from the other side I could support, but in the end we back down.
attacking is a strong word. How about we rephrase that to mean, raising money against.

Chris Christie has already created his national narrative and some people are eating it up. Democrats arent going to support him in a national election once his record is more publicized.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:09 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
The liberals are scared to death of him. They know that if he makes to the national election he will be very hard to beat. Christie will win unless the Democrats run Hillary and somehow neutralize her role in the Benghazi disaster.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:18 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why would they do this? Christie is the best friend Democrats ever had. He's no threat to Democrats. That's why they want him to be the Republican nominee.
LOL. Here we go again...

Old 11-09-2013, 10:37 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,279 times
i created a thread months ago saying i was center left and would vote for christie over hillary.

i like how he has shoved aside the tea party and was impressed with him appointing a muslim judge, even though he got hell from the right about that.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:59 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i created a thread months ago saying i was center left and would vote for christie over hillary.

i like how he has shoved aside the tea party and was impressed with him appointing a muslim judge, even though he got hell from the right about that.
He's way too conservative on the social issues and way overrated ...IMO. He's also a tad too belligerent when faced with an opposing view from others. That will not play well with many people on the national stage when he is confronted with some of his baggage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections