Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 05:03 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Go along to get along is for lemmings. At what point does one start to tell the truth?

It did work for the dems last election though. Obama did a poor job for we the people but most of the dems kept quiet and no one had the guts to challenge him for President.
Well, maybe the alternatives presented by the Republicans were even more lacking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 07:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I think its real interesting how the 2014 election is shaping up. Ronald Reagan always talked about the 11th commandment, "thou shall not speak ill of any republican", yet there are republican primaries all over the place, because incumbents are only 98% conservative. On the democratic side, outside of a primary in very liberal Hawaii, no democrats are facing any primaries in the senate. I thinks its interesting that a republican created the 11th commandment, but its democrats who championing it right now.
Yes, Reagan was speaking of Republicans..

So what?

Are you really going to stand here and tell me Democrats dont speak ill of Republicans? Seriously?

Old 01-05-2014, 06:21 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yes, Reagan was speaking of Republicans..

So what?

Are you really going to stand here and tell me Democrats dont speak ill of Republicans? Seriously?
Oh no, we speak ill of republicans call the time. I just find it interesting that the tea party falls to their knees for ronald reagan, yet violate the 11th commandment so often. You don't see democrats eating their own, the way republicans do.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:35 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Oh no, we speak ill of republicans call the time. I just find it interesting that the tea party falls to their knees for ronald reagan, yet violate the 11th commandment so often. You don't see democrats eating their own, the way republicans do.
Right. Ask Joe Lieberman, Pat Casey, Zell Miller, and the list goes on and on.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:02 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Right. Ask Joe Lieberman, Pat Casey, Zell Miller, and the list goes on and on.
I think you just named the entire list of Democratic deserters. It's interesting to note none on the list are still members of Congress. And who is Pat Casey? The only guy with that name didn't win in 2000. Did you mean Bob Casey Jr., the guy who defeated Rick Santorum?
If so, there's not much Republican in Senator Casey. His father was a Democrat, and the 42nd Governor of Pennsylvania. Bob Jr. has always been a Democrat.

Bob Sr. had a tough battle winning the Governorship. He was the first guy to hire James Carville. His son didn't have such a hard time defeating Santorum; his margin of victory was the largest ever in Pennsylvania for that seat.

And he was re-elected, even though he leaned more conservatively than Obama in 2012. The Democratic party still has room for it's conservatives, unlike the GOP, which has lost all it's room for it's liberals. Therein lies the big difference between the two.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:40 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
In other words party over principle. Good to see you admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections