Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 02:30 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,011,809 times

Advertisements

What made you think you were a democrat before your apparent change to Republican?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 02:31 AM

What political ideals made you think you were a democrat before your apparent change to Republican?

Old 12-16-2013, 02:32 AM

833 posts, read 1,192,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
We can fix the state if we get a Republican in power. Democrats are ruining this state and all should be in prison.
Well i'm glad a democrat saw the light. Now if we can just get all dems to think like you

BTW- Im using your post(s) on my blog

Old 12-16-2013, 06:19 AM

1,074 posts, read 753,621 times
Quote:
We can fix the state if we get a Republican in power. Democrats are ruining this state and all should be in prison.
Look what DemocRats have done to California.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:06 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,820,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
Well i'm glad a democrat saw the light. Now if we can just get all dems to think like you
Go back and read his posting history. He was never a Democrat.

As for Bruce Rauner, he is yet is another hedge fund multimillionaire attempting to buy his way into the state house. He won't be getting many Democratic votes. And he's a good friend of Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and he's pro-choice, so he won't be getting many Republican votes. And he won't be getting mine.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
Now if we can just get all dems to think like you
I imagine a totally republican country would have as many problems as a totally democrat country, best place is somewhere in the middle..

Old 12-16-2013, 05:14 PM

13,570 posts, read 10,276,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
Look what DemocRats have done to California.
From a Golden State resident - California is doing quite well, thank you. Our state finances have improved a lot - though you can't credit the Republicans for that - as they have been part of the problem rather than the solution, along with excessive use of the citizens' initiatives, term limits, which have had unintended consequences.

Schwartznegger repealed the vehicle fee as one of his first acts as governor, without figuring a way to replace the revenue generated by it. For a long time, minority Republicans in the state leg have been able to block/hamstring budgets (which caused harm to schools and municipal governments trying to plan their budgets) due to having a supermajority required to pass a budget. Fortunately, a recent new law only requires a simple majority to pass a budget. And the Republicans have also hurt themselves with their unpopular stances, and consequently have lost enough seats that the Dems now have a supermajority. Jerry Brown has been doing a lot better than I've expected him to do (and I had very low expectations for him). He and the legislature so far has been pretty restrained in their fiscal policies (and Brown tends to be a pretty frugal in his practices, both personally and in his past stints).

Old 12-16-2013, 05:18 PM

13,570 posts, read 10,276,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Rauner is not the answer for Illinois and is far less of a populist than he tries to make folks believe. Quinn needs to be inspired to continue pension reform.

Illinois had 24 years straight of Republican governors recently to get the place in the mess it is.
Exactly - it is a myth that Republicans in Illinois have a monopoly on clean politics. Remember George Ryan? He did time and just recently got released.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:54 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,066,278 times
Quote:
I am a lifelong Democrat who is asking all Illinois residents to vote for a Republican in the next governor's race. Governor Quinn is killing this state.

What we need to eliminate or curtail:

The welfare programs. With 54% of all babies born on Medicaid in Illinois there is a serious problem. Let's not forget Healthy Moms and Babies where a huge percentage are Illegals (and where it says immigration status not important).

The unions. Unions over pay in Illinois and are corrupt. My former dirty employer Metra paid uneducated union workers more even if the non union was educated (and usually was). There is something wrong with a mail clerk paid more than a lawyer.

Taxes. We pay too much and it's out of control. Quinn never met a tax increase he didn't like.

So if you like Illinois VOTE REPUBLICAN. I am voting for Bruce Rauner.
Honestly, I am not sure why you would vote for Rauner? there are better Republican candidates. I am assuming you have never met Rauner in person, but he is nothing like his commercials portray. He is a Chicago Venture Capitalist, with more ties in Chicago politics then most Dems.

While yes, we need to get Quinn out of office, we also need to get Chicago out of Springfield. Until this happens, we will not see much difference.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:18 PM

8,438 posts, read 12,121,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Honestly, I am not sure why you would vote for Rauner? there are better Republican candidates. I am assuming you have never met Rauner in person, but he is nothing like his commercials portray. He is a Chicago Venture Capitalist, with more ties in Chicago politics then most Dems.
Rauner is a more polished version of that political dilettante Oberweis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections