U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 05:47 PM

66,574 posts, read 33,850,746 times

Advertisements

But not what you think.

You will find out it is what many where screaming.

Mitt Romney: We

A new documentary about the life of Mitt Romney reveals a loosely hidden truth: Romney and his followers “had to steal” the Republican nomination from Dr. Ron Paul during the 2012 Presidential Elections.
Dr. Paul, a true Patriot, was a threat to the establishment. Can you imagine what would have happened if he’d been elected and immediately audited the Federal Reserve? The Fed’s dirty little secret would have been revealed, and it would have been shut down, causing all sorts of hullabaloo in Crony-land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 05:51 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,271,138 times
That is the reason I refused to vote for him. Because I saw what the Republican party was doing during the primaries. It was horrible dishonesty and only got worse at Convention.

BTW, I will note that I live in a state where he won as does any Republican. I'm not in a swing state, so I could vote for whomever I wanted, which wasn't Obama either.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:11 PM

45,925 posts, read 34,102,318 times
Go back and retread the link. This time pay attention to the quotation marks in the sensational headline. You may notice the reference to Ron Paul is not attributed to Romney, because he never said this.

The Netflix documentary is about Romney's 6 year quest for the job.

I suspect he would run again if his wife would agree and the big money would back him, both of which are unlikely to happen.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:17 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,287,906 times
where is the video of Romney saying 'we had to steal?' I click on the links and get nothing but a bunch of spam-type ads. Weight loss pills and so forth. Video, or I call B S.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:26 PM

79,472 posts, read 33,688,908 times
Romney did win. Or anyway it really didn't matter as nothing changed.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:29 PM

7,248 posts, read 6,674,107 times
They did play games with Deligates and deliberately changed rules just weeks before the primaries in order to favor Mitt. In the end Ron Paul wouldn't have won the nomination but it would have kept the primaries going for several months longer so, yeah, it was pretty dirty and underhanded.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:29 PM

4,130 posts, read 3,859,849 times
I'm no fan of Romney, but if people want to tout Paul as being a beacon of honesty and integrity in the government after making a bald faced lie...you will never get anywhere. Paul's followers might be dumb enough to think they are being sneaky, but we honestly it's easy to see.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:38 PM

743 posts, read 567,782 times

Romney Supporter Caught Cheating At State Convention Wearing Ron Paul Tshirt - YouTube

GOP Caught Stealing And Cheating Ron Paul At The RNC - YouTube

Shenanigans in Maine. Romney voter fraud? Ron Paul votes not counted. - YouTube

Old 01-23-2014, 06:56 PM

15,837 posts, read 10,051,152 times
Quote:
Romney: election was stolen.
You must mean the nomination was stolen. Paul would have done worse than Romney in the election.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:10 PM

7,510 posts, read 3,534,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
You must mean the nomination was stolen. Paul would have done worse than Romney in the election.
He definitely means nomination, but I totally disagree with you that Paul would have done worse than Romney. Paul polled very well head to head against Obama. To simplify it, 40-45% of the people were going to vote D regardless of candidate or policy & 40-45% of people were going to vote R regardless of candidate or policy. The winner was the one who could draw the remaining 10-20%.

- Paul would have gotten all the status quo GOP votes, just as Romney did. They weren't going to vote for Obama or an Independent. They would never break ranks, they vote for the R candidate period.

- Paul would have also gotten the Tea Party & Independent voters that Romney got as well.

- Where Paul would have been better for the GOP than Romney is that Paul had a nice chunk of the youth vote. The buzz on college campuses in 2012 wasn't Obama, it was Paul. In fact Paul was doing so well with the youth vote that it was swinging towards the GOP. Right when the GOP started actively submarining Paul, Obama made a big campaign push to try to stop the bleeding. It was very telling.

- Then there are the Liberals. The honest-to-goodness old fashioned Liberals who're anti-war, anti-torture, anti-Patriot Act, anti-Domestic spying, pro legalization of marijuana, etc. The same kind of people who voted for Nader in 2000 & 2004. These people are looking for a place to land as they're done with the Democratic party.

By retaining all the same votes Romney got & adding these extra votes Paul would have fared better than Romney. The GOP knew this but would rather lose with a Progressive/Globalist/Corporate candidate than win with a fiscal Conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or