Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 05:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
GOP won't nominate him, end of story

Ask your fellow Republicans why they won't nominate him
As a Republican I have said why I would be hesitant to vote for him. what are the reasons you are thinking, care to share with us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 07:59 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
That was a correct statement
That Obamacare was worse for the country than say the Vietnam War? The Civil War? WW II?

Vote for him, YOU deserve him.

People so incredibly ignorant of American History or just so incredibly ignorant should huddle together in the dunce's corner they belong in.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:35 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
The more I think about it, why not Carson? I don't believe anyone in current government outside of Christie can beat Hillary and I like that Carson is not from DC, and is way more credible then a Herman Cain. Carson is an accomplished surgeon, first in history to separate conjoined twins. Why not Carson?

Billboards in the link below:
National Draft Ben Carson for President Committee
Only if he teams up with Sarah Palin or Michele Bachmann.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:33 AM

99,542 posts, read 4,490,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Only if he teams up with Sarah Palin or Michele Bachmann.
Where do I mail my contribution?

Old 02-02-2014, 11:25 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
I wonder if white guilt has anything to do with this sudden influx of support for Carson? I think alot of wingnuts are enthusiastic about a black man for President now because they have always been on the wrong side of racial equality in this country and had to watch the success of our first black President while pouting and sulking on the sidelines, a President not only recognized in the U.S. as a success but viewed with respect and admiration around the world.

I thought that was part of the appeal with the last black Republican who ran for President. Find a black man who embraces the wingnut/Teabagger wing of the GOP and you have your next GOP Presidential candidate.

It could be Ben Carson if he goes full-on wingnut.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I wonder if white guilt has anything to do with this sudden influx of support for Carson? I think alot of wingnuts are enthusiastic about a black man for President now because they have always been on the wrong side of racial equality in this country and had to watch the success of our first black President while pouting and sulking on the sidelines, a President not only recognized in the U.S. as a success but viewed with respect and admiration around the world.

I thought that was part of the appeal with the last black Republican who ran for President. Find a black man who embraces the wingnut/Teabagger wing of the GOP and you have your next GOP Presidential candidate.

and did White Guilt have anything to do with the election of Obama? of course there is no racism in your statement, right?

Old 02-02-2014, 12:24 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Dang you're a good little cheerleader.... Keep shaking those pom poms.. Rah Rah!!

Old 02-02-2014, 12:28 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and did White Guilt have anything to do with the election of Obama?
Very little. A majority of Americans voted for President Obama because he was the superior candidate running for President.

Now that the Republicans are becoming increasingly isolated in politics, especially in regards to race, they are realizing the necessity of having some color amongst all those old, angry white males. It is more about survival than it is about white guilt.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:50 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Ike had been a military governor, supreme commander of NATO, General of the Army, Supreme Allied commander of Europe, Supreme allied commander of North Africa, President of a Columbia University.

Dr.Carson, the great surgeon he is, is just that, a surgeon.

You can not compare him to President Eisenhower
Dr Ben Carson is a brilliant brain surgeon ,Obama a community organizer who failed at that.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Dr Ben Carson is a brilliant brain surgeon ,Obama a community organizer who failed at that.
I do not understand the logic of conservatives.

Is it that you do not realize that Barack Obama was a U.S. Senator and State Senator before he was elected President ... Or do you honestly think there is something wrong with being a Community Organizer ?

I would like an answer.

And if you did know he was a US ans State senator, why are you only mentioning the Community Organizer part ?

what you are doing is the equivalent of saying Jeff Bezos is just a McDonalds worker and never mentioning that created and runs Amazon.

grow up.

I would also like to know what you mean by saying he failed at it ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections