Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 11:40 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times

Advertisements

You're not alone. Plenty of us think that Obama often seems to be the only adult in the room. His positions are sensible.

He has had to deal with the most militantly stupid and mean-spirited congress in a generation at least, all while dealing with the biggest financial meltdown in two generations. And those same people who have refused to serve their own fellow citizens in any material way except to try to sabotage the president, and chortle about the "Obama Economy" now want to crow and call the guy, a dictator, sociopath,etc. Their intellectual dishonesty and scorched earth tactics are a national disgrace and bordering on treasonous. The truth is there for any level headed person to see.

Obama is not perfect, but compared to the Tea Party dirtbags he has had to work with in congress, he comes out looking pretty good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 12:30 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
not really. The biggest problem with him, as I see it is: 1-his ego is just totally out of hand and he thinks he can do anything: 2-he absolutely will not admit he might be wrong about anything and 3-, which is the most important one to me: he is probably the most unprepared and inexperienced Pres. we have ever elected. He reminds me, most of the time of a spoiled brat who thinks he can always get his own way. That probably has to do with his being pampered by his grandparents.

Thank you as usual so very much. You hit the nail on the head. My biggest problem with him has been his arrogant ego. Thinks he can do no wrong and also get away with it at the same time. And the fact that he cannot eagerly admit his wrong doings. A spoiled brat is someone who must get his way at all cost, you hit it right on target. Do I hate the President, no not at all, just am not happy with the job he has done, my opinion, your entitled to your own.

Most of all I hate the lies, that most of us can see thru, who is he kidding himself maybe. I hate the fact that nothing is ever his fault, and he never knows of anything of importance as with one of his many scandals. But someone other then himself is always to blame, I find that so dang funny. Who is running this Country.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
You're not alone. Plenty of us think that Obama often seems to be the only adult in the room. His positions are sensible.

He has had to deal with the most militantly stupid and mean-spirited congress in a generation at least, all while dealing with the biggest financial meltdown in two generations. And those same people who have refused to serve their own fellow citizens in any material way except to try to sabotage the president, and chortle about the "Obama Economy" now want to crow and call the guy, a dictator, sociopath,etc. Their intellectual dishonesty and scorched earth tactics are a national disgrace and bordering on treasonous. The truth is there for any level headed person to see.

Obama is not perfect, but compared to the Tea Party dirtbags he has had to work with in congress, he comes out looking pretty good.
so you are saying, all congress, both houses are a bunch of Tea party dirt bags? I love the mature name calling and the oversight when it comes to congress. Last time I checked, congress consisted of the house and the senate and the senate was controlled by the Democrats, which, BTW won't even look at the bills sitting on Reid's desk. Now, who is mature?

Old 02-04-2014, 03:09 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times

Well, I agree with the OP. I do not dislike the guy. That would be a waste of energy.
I agree with him on the environment. I admire that he seems to care about people enough to want to see healthcare available to everyone. I am glad he got us out of Iraq, that he went ahead with the authorization to kill Bin Laden, and that he continues to allow Al-Qieda operatives to be assassinated when found.
I do not agree with him on gun control, immigration, or many of the economic bailouts. I do not trust Iran, anymore than I trust China, and while his intent for Peace is good and admirable, Iran may not want peace.

I think the problem is ego and inexperience. He came in to the Oval Office with the grand illusion that he would inspire people to work together. He had not been in Washington long enough to know that people in Washington do not want to work together. Political games, partisan politics and a "win-Lose" mentality are the norm. People in Washington want to argue; they are like little children who want the game to be played "my way" and cannot work together. Often, they seem to forget exactly who they work for. Obama lacks the influence and charisma to rectify this line of thinking, and his own ego does not allow him to compromise. But, I do not know who could at this point.

When Bush was president, the dems spent too much time and energy criticizing him, time and efforts that could have been put to productive works. Now the GOP is doing the same with Obama. Most of what I read about Obama is untrue, but propaganda must have a big lobby in Washington.
I prefer to work.

I remain a registered Democrat because atheists are not well accepted in the GOP.
I am becoming a fan of a certain independent who might make a run at the oval Office in 2016, but again, do we need another inexperienced politician sitting there?

Old 02-04-2014, 03:29 PM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
I had some hope for the "hope and change" thing in the beginning. Now I'm just hoping for a change. In hindsite how we ended thinking an inexperienced community organizer out of the corrupt Chicago political system with zero experience could make things better is beyond me. Well he did get Binlad.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

Well, I agree with the OP. I do not dislike the guy. That would be a waste of energy.
I agree with him on the environment. I admire that he seems to care about people enough to want to see healthcare available to everyone. I am glad he got us out of Iraq, that he went ahead with the authorization to kill Bin Laden, and that he continues to allow Al-Qieda operatives to be assassinated when found.
I do not agree with him on gun control, immigration, or many of the economic bailouts. I do not trust Iran, anymore than I trust China, and while his intent for Peace is good and admirable, Iran may not want peace.

I think the problem is ego and inexperience. He came in to the Oval Office with the grand illusion that he would inspire people to work together. He had not been in Washington long enough to know that people in Washington do not want to work together. Political games, partisan politics and a "win-Lose" mentality are the norm. People in Washington want to argue; they are like little children who want the game to be played "my way" and cannot work together. Often, they seem to forget exactly who they work for. Obama lacks the influence and charisma to rectify this line of thinking, and his own ego does not allow him to compromise. But, I do not know who could at this point.

When Bush was president, the dems spent too much time and energy criticizing him, time and efforts that could have been put to productive works. Now the GOP is doing the same with Obama. Most of what I read about Obama is untrue, but propaganda must have a big lobby in Washington.
I prefer to work.

I remain a registered Democrat because atheists are not well accepted in the GOP.
I am becoming a fan of a certain independent who might make a run at the oval Office in 2016, but again, do we need another inexperienced politician sitting there?
I am sorry you feel Atheists are not welcome in the party. Our own granddaughter is an agnostic, so is her husband. They are both ultra conservative and would never vote for anyone that wasn't, at least a Republican. Of course they also do not push their lack of religious views or preach them to anyone. I imagine only the family even knows how they feel.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:39 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
I am sorry you feel Atheists are not welcome in the party. Our own granddaughter is an agnostic, so is her husband. They are both ultra conservative and would never vote for anyone that wasn't, at least a Republican. Of course they also do not push their lack of religious views or preach them to anyone. I imagine only the family even knows how they feel.

I have to wonder how open minded someone who claims to be an "ultraconservative" would be. Religion might not be it, but I suspect they have very doctrinaire view on many issues.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:09 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
But other Pres. were inclined to us EOs mainly during recess situations and on less important issues. I am generalizing of course: I do not remember any other President threatening to use EO like Obama.
So you upset about his threat to use EO's?

Old 02-06-2014, 10:15 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Bush was pampered as well. Bush however worked harder is college. Bush ran a business and served in the national guard. But I agree with the sentiment that perhaps we should be raising the bar for president after Bush, not lowering if for the community activists ....just sayin.
Bush bailed out of the National Guard to go into politics. In other words bush joined to make it look good and never showed up at several places he should have. Kept some other aspiring(career) Pilot from getting a slot in the guard.

How do you know? "Bush however worked harder is college".

Old 02-06-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
So you upset about his threat to use EO's?
I am not opposed to using EOs, I am more concerned about how and when he will use them and I don't the treat: do it my way or I will do what I want...Sounds to me more like a spoiled brat, who is used to getting his own way. Of course that might be how he was raised, ya thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections