Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 01:40 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I like Cruz, Paul is just okay, and Palin has been smeared beyond recognition (although I still like her vision for the U.S. and her no nonsense).

We need fresh new blood that hasn't been smeared yet. Ben Carson comes to mind, but I'm not sure he has the political chops; he is a bit soft spoken. However, he seems to appeal to everyone, even some of the radical left.

They will probably offer up Christie in a fit of desperation, though.
My first choice would be Susanna M the governor of NM, but so far she hasn't shown much interest. I did hear she was out on the trail a few weeks ago. We will see what happens. I don't see Palin at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 01:43 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,412,243 times
Right now it is a Cluster well you know. At the moment Christie is imploding and I would need more time to know who is going to gain as a result. If you asked for top five at the moment I would guess Jeb Bush, Paul Ryan, Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz, and Rand Paul. And for a wild card/bonus candidate maybe Scott Walker assuming he survives 2014 which is likely.

Last edited by Egbert; 02-04-2014 at 01:52 PM..

Old 02-04-2014, 04:14 PM

7,569 posts, read 6,018,004 times
I'l take Rand Paul on the list.
Mitch McConnell anyone ? I know he has a face like a monkey but seriously, he is one of the most level headed guys around and his ideas fit the conservative mode perfectly. Just saying .
Palin, Cruz, Christie, Nugent, no way

Regardless, I am supporting an independent candidate at this point, should he run.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:23 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My first choice would be Susanna M the governor of NM, but so far she hasn't shown much interest. I did hear she was out on the trail a few weeks ago. We will see what happens. I don't see Palin at all.
I seriously doubt if she runs but I could support Susanna M. I think she has potential on the national stage. I'm thinking she will hold off a bit and maybe make a run a few years down the line though.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:34 PM

993 posts, read 1,552,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I'd LOVE for her to run. But, sadly, I don't think she will either. I still think she'd be the absolute best VP pick for whoever the Republican nominee is.

I like Huntsman, but I can't see him making it any farther in 2016 than he did in 2012. He's a really intelligent guy, but he doesn't have that presidential vibe and would struggle to excite his base. Similar to Unsettomati, I think that he'd be better as a member of a Republican OR center-left Democrat president's cabin than as president himself.

The prospect of Jeb Bush is starting to grow on me.

Chris Christie...I refuse to be a fair-weathered fan who pretends I never liked him while he's going through all this scandal, but it's definitely getting harder to see him as the nominee. I'm not giving up hope yet, though. He still needs to make his positions on some of the big issues clear, though.

Paul and Cruz are big ol' jokes. They'll never be the nominees. And if by some bizarre stroke of (mis)fortune either of them were to be the Republican nominee, it'd hand the election to the Democrats.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:49 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,858,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Probably Paul, Bush, Rubio.

The choices i'd like to see Palin,Nugent,Limbaugh
What? Not on your list - Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Michael Savage, or Rick "Frothy" Santorum?

Old 02-04-2014, 06:54 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
I'd LOVE for her to run. But, sadly, I don't think she will either. I still think she'd be the absolute best VP pick for whoever the Republican nominee is.

I like Huntsman, but I can't see him making it any farther in 2016 than he did in 2012. He's a really intelligent guy, but he doesn't have that presidential vibe and would struggle to excite his base. Similar to Unsettomati, I think that he'd be better as a member of a Republican OR center-left Democrat president's cabin than as president himself.

The prospect of Jeb Bush is starting to grow on me.

Chris Christie...I refuse to be a fair-weathered fan who pretends I never liked him while he's going through all this scandal, but it's definitely getting harder to see him as the nominee. I'm not giving up hope yet, though. He still needs to make his positions on some of the big issues clear, though.

Paul and Cruz are big ol' jokes. They'll never be the nominees. And if by some bizarre stroke of (mis)fortune either of them were to be the Republican nominee, it'd hand the election to the Democrats.
That's an excellent thought... She would make whoever the candidate is a substantial running mate and who knows, after a couple of terms as VP, she might be ready to take the next step.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:18 PM

9,030 posts, read 10,414,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
What? Not on your list - Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Michael Savage, or Rick "Frothy" Santorum?
They're old news. The new rising star of the conservative movement? Victoria Jackson!

Victoria Jackson files for seat on Williamson Co. Commission - WSMV Channel 4

Today Williamson County, tomorrow the White House!

Old 02-05-2014, 06:16 AM

12,881 posts, read 13,546,698 times
People with too much fake pizzazz are a waste of time, a Bob Portman type would be good start.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:43 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,352,380 times
I don't see why Huckabee would run. He's probably more interested in continuing his radio and TV spots, etc.

I think Ted Cruz will try to run, and probably have a flame out similar to Gov. Rick Perry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections