Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 06:53 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times

Advertisements

But But..He gave up his Canadian Citizenship..but prior to doing that he had dual citizenship because his parent's were actually Canadian and American.....Personally I don't care..I truly wouldn't want Cruz to be associated with Canada...But you got to know purest will claim otherwise

Comparing Cruz's birthright to Obama is silly since BO was actually proven to have been born in USA (Hawaii) with birth parents of US/other ( sorry don't know precisely which Country ( Kenya maybe?) ..Yet all of a sudden for some it doesn't matter where you are born???????? Point is Cruz is who he is..elected to Congress...and has acted like a clown IMA as a watcher of American Politics

Old 03-22-2015, 06:56 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
There is no dispute as to where Senator Cruz was born, everyone agrees that he was born in Canada.

In President Obama's case, there was a question about the facts of the situation, here its only the law.

Legal experts have opined that Cruz is eligible to be president, based upon the undisputed facts.
Even IF President Obama were not born in the US (which I don't believe), then it would be the exact same case as Senator Cruz. Both born outside of the country to one non-citizen parent and one US citizen parent.

So basically the birthers are either going to have to start whining about Senator Cruz, or they're going to have to finally give up on President Obama.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:00 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,260,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Even IF President Obama were not born in the US (which I don't believe), then it would be the exact same case as Senator Cruz. Both born outside of the country to one non-citizen parent and one US citizen parent.

So basically the birthers are either going to have to start whining about Senator Cruz, or they're going to have to finally give up on President Obama.
I think they have given up on President Obama already.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:23 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
I think they have given up on President Obama already.
Oh, believe me ... there are still a lot of them out there. They may have given up trying to fight it, but they still believe he's Kenyan and ineligible to be President.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:42 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,218,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
I dont know that he isnt a citizen, but I do know he's been president twice. I dont know why you brought him into the discussion at all, since you can hardly say whether he is American or not.

Is this your thread Ernie?

The first president couldnt be born in a new country, lol. Neither could the rest of the guys that drafted and signed off on the Declaration of Independence.

MY POINT (what ConeyGirl52 said) is that in a global governed world, how can it possibly matter?
We had eight presidents during the time we were under British Rule. That would have made them non Americans. The Constitution of the United States matters ConeyGirl.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:44 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,218,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post

Yep!

Old 03-22-2015, 07:47 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieG View Post
That's not at issue here. What's at issue here is the same standards should apply. Simple. If Obama was not born here, then he too should not have been president. Simple. Did he produce evidence? I believe so. It may not have been satisfactory evidence for those who don't like him, but he gave some. What will Ted Cruz bring?

From a historical perspective at least eight of our Presidents weren't American born, however. No double standards in terms of scrutiny going forward.
So your saying I can run for president to ?

That's awesome, I will criticize every-one for everything and then instead of promising to do better I will just wink at people !

Old 03-22-2015, 07:56 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,851 times
Ted Cruise - a Canadian natzi whose presidential term I have already seen in an apocalyptic movie !

Old 03-22-2015, 08:01 PM

35,067 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
If he wasn't born here, and only one parent was an American, how does he qualify to be president of the United States? Doesn't the US Constitution have something in it about having to be born in the USA and having to be an American?
The test is whether you were born as a citizen. He was.

And I think he'd be a fantastic President, at least compared to the garbage-pail President we have now.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:05 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,260,125 times
If elected, Mr. Cruz would be the historic first Latino elected to nationwide office here in America. Mr. Romney was not considered to be latino, even though his father was born in Mexico.

On the Democrat side, Ms. Warren would NOT be the first American Indian elected- our first and only Indian Vice President was VP Curtis back in the 30's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections