Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2014, 02:26 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
anyone thinks I am a birther should be here when I get into this discussion with my husband or my son in law: it would not take long to be convinced I am anything but a birther!!! That is almost funny!!!!
I would agree with that. I just don't get the fact why you are trying to suggest the birthers had any legitimacy, anything to question or why it wasn't black and white? A state certified official birth certificate validated by state officials is as black and white as it can possibility get.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:32 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I would agree with that. I just don't get the fact why you are trying to suggest the birthers had any legitimacy, anything to question or why it wasn't black and white? A state certified official birth certificate validated by state officials is as black and white as it can possibility get.
i concur and would also like to hear why you didn't think the certificate of live birth (COLB) and verification from the HI department of health was sufficient.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:40 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball
i concur and would also like to hear why you didn't think the certificate of live birth (COLB) and verification from the HI department of health was sufficient.
She talks out of both sides of her mouth. On the one hand, she insists she's not a birther. On the other hand, she continues to maintain that Obama's legitimacy cannot be proven. I'll state again, anyone who completely discounts the state of Hawaii's verification as not valid is, by definition, a birther.

Old 02-18-2014, 03:15 PM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
HRC ran a birther campaign against obama and lost so sure let them go birther.

Old 02-18-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
HRC ran a birther campaign ...
wrong.

neither HRC or her campaign made any birther claims. there were a small group of clinton supporters, the PUMAs, who bought into birtherism early on but they weren't the first nor were they connected to the campaign.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Cruz: it's well known he was BORN in Canada and no 1 seems to deny that. Cruz IMHO would be the Canadian version of that Mexican, George Romney who tried to run for POTUS in 1968.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:04 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Whatever else happens, millions of Americans will remember that Ted Cruz stopped their checks from arriving, or closed down their office and put them unwillingly out of work for 3 weeks, or missed that vital trip abroad because their passport was held up, and a thousand other things that came from the government shutdown.

Ted Cruz won't ever be the Republican party's nominee, much less President of the United States of America. He is 10 pounds of hot nitroglycerin that's just as ready to blow up his own party as he is the Democrats, and the GOP will shake him up first.
Cruz would have to have enough support to lay waste to his own party first, and he's no Ron Paul. If Paul couldn't do it with his calm surety and his loyal to the death fans, Cruz and his tantrums sure as hell cannot.
The tea party can't make up that much ground in 2 years, especially now that they are already in a major fade.

You can bet that there is enough junk on Cruz floating around, and enough of his crazy antics and statements, the Democrats won't ever have to go birther to defeat him handily. We have all seen him under pressure now; when he's pressed, he gets all defensive and whiny, just like an aggrieved 6 year old who doesn't get the toy in the store he wanted. His own party's leadership knows that, and they are not stupid. Their next candidate will have to be a leader with positive plans, not Cruz, who only wants his way while offering nothing except negativity.

The voters will not be voting for more do-nothing opposition. They want a leader who will get things done.

Does anyone actually think Cruz the crybaby is up to the rigors of a Presidential run? Honestly?

Old 02-18-2014, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
On the one hand, she insists she's not a birther. On the other hand, she continues to maintain that Obama's legitimacy cannot be proven.
just came across a recent birther poll. i'm pretty amazed that the numbers are still relatively high.

15% 'know for sure' Obama was not born in the U.S.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:17 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Ted Cruz won't ever be the Republican party's nominee, much less President of the United States of America. He is 10 pounds of hot nitroglycerin that's just as ready to blow up his own party as he is the Democrats, and the GOP will shake him up first.

Cruz would have to have enough support to lay waste to his own party first, and he's no Ron Paul. If Paul couldn't do it with his calm surety and his loyal to the death fans, Cruz and his tantrums sure as hell cannot.
That is a very good point. One of the keys to fostering a run for the nomination as a Presidential candidate is to build relationships within one's political party.

Problem is, Cruz, as a freshman Senator, has burned a lot of bridges with a number of other Republican members of Congress, both in the House and Senate, with his actions and words so far. That is not a good way to win friends and influence people.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:15 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I think they probably will. I was talking to a friend of mine who is a far-left liberal, and mentioned that I was leaning towards Ted Cruz 2016. "You know that he's a Canadian," came the response, followed by a litany of reasons why Cruz could not run for POTUS.

According to the left-leaning Politifact:
Is Ted Cruz, born in Canada, eligible to run for president? | PolitiFact

Will that stop the left from going full-birther in 2016? I doubt it. If Cruz does run, which I hope he does, it's going to make the birtherism of WND, Trump, etc look like a play toy. We're going to get birtherism from NBC, ABC, CBS, and the NYT. We're going to get birtherism espoused by the Katie Courics, the Charlie Gibsons, and the elite of the elites.
It doesn't matter where he was born. The real concern is him being raised by a communist father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections