Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 12:11 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
libertarians only care about the civil liberties and well being of white people.

when you bring up stop and frisk, then they say next question or find some reason to justify it.

i see through there white only agenda.
Not to mention many of them try to avoid women's issues as well in theory libertarians should be firmly in the pro-choice camp, which is where the Libertarian party, to its credit is along with many libertarian philosophers, but many libertarians will get all wobbly on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 12:38 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
Not to mention many of them try to avoid women's issues as well in theory libertarians should be firmly in the pro-choice camp, which is where the Libertarian party, to its credit is along with many libertarian philosophers, but many libertarians will get all wobbly on it.
correct.

and on this stop and frisk, i want a link from rand paul commenting on it.

i wont get one though, because he's never said anything on it (i've looked).

idiot filibusters about drones killing people outside a best buy, but has nothing to say about innocent blacks getting stop and frisked when they leave best buy's on a daily basis.

fraud who only cares about his base, conservative white males.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:43 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Who's fault is that?
Please stop trolling. A question was asked and i answered it.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:44 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Please stop trolling. A question was asked and i answered it.
and I responded to it with a question of my own. Everything requires some effort and people make poor use of the money they have. The opportunity exist which is why I didn't buy your response.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:26 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,943,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
when you bring up stop and frisk, then they say next question or find some reason to justify it.

i see through there white only agenda.
Libertarians are very against violations of the fourth amendment - period, without regard to race, gender, national origin, or sexual orientation. You don't know half of what you think you do about Libertarians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Libertarianism in theory sounds great..to some.... but in reality it doesnt work.

I had a Libertarian explain it to me like this.

Liberals = maximum employee rights, minimum employer rights.

Conservatives = minimum employee rights, maximum employer rights.

Libertarians = maximum employee rights and maximum employer rights.

Maximum rights for both sounds great in theory but the 2 are not equal. The Employer controls hours, pay/compensation, training and so on. The employee controls nothing more than their ability to get to work on time.
That Libertarian did a poor job, it's more like this.

Liberals = maximum personal rights, minimum economic rights.

Conservatives = minimum personal rights, maximum economic rights.

Libertarians = maximum personal rights and maximum economic rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
It is a two-party system. A Libertarian will not get elected.
Two party system? The constitution says this where?

The Soviet Union had a one party system, how is what we have any better?

A lot of people are Libertarians and don't know it, find out by taking this quiz

World's Smallest Political Quiz

Old 02-23-2014, 12:40 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Two party system? The constitution says this where?
The Constitution does not say we must have a two-party system. However, the "first-past-the-post" system the Constitution designs makes a two-party system the most logical decision for all involved. Case in point, the 1992 election.

Bill Clinton received a plurality of the votes but won because Ross Perot took votes that otherwise would have gone to George H.W. Bush.

Nobody would make that mistake again. I'm a Democrat who hates welfare programs but dislikes the Republicans' social positions? I vote Libertarian and split the liberal vote and hand the election to the Republicans.

I'm a Republican who hates the Christian right but dislikes too much government spending? I vote Libertarian and split the conservative vote and hand the election to the Democrats.

Thus, voters will logically choose the two-party system every time. As much as we say we hate it, it is a necessary evil. It IS a two-party system and I am 100% confident a third party will never win. IF the Libertarians win, it will be a permanent change and either the Republicans or Democrats will go the way of the Whigs.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:47 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Which seat in Congress is held by a registered Libertarian? The Libertarians struggle to win local electiobs, they have no shot at National elections because all those that claim to be Libertarians keep voting Republican.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:23 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
It seems unlikely that a party that has never drawn more than 1.1% in a presidential election is going to win in 2016. However, I think OP's point is good if slightly revised to say that the Obama admin is laying groundwork for success of a libertarian-oriented Republican--the obvious name would be Rand Paul.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:30 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
It seems unlikely that a party that has never drawn more than 1.1% in a presidential election is going to win in 2016. However, I think OP's point is good if slightly revised to say that the Obama admin is laying groundwork for success of a libertarian-oriented Republican--the obvious name would be Rand Paul.
And you would watch that Republican candidate lose the general election.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:08 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times
I see the "Libertarian movement",(Libertarian leaning Republicans or Libertarians running as Republicans, whatever you want to call them) being extremely localized, limited mostly to conservative house districts. It wouldn't surprise me to see more Libertarians in the Senate, before they have any real shot at the White House. I think it'll take a few elections if ever.

Last edited by Jermaine88; 02-23-2014 at 10:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections