U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 05:36 AM

69,376 posts, read 53,230,562 times

Advertisements

Remember the left screaming non stop that Republcians admitted Bush was a failure because he wasnt out campaigning with the GOP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 06:12 AM
Status: "An excellent Witch Hunt, Indeed." (set 4 days ago)

9,998 posts, read 5,664,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Remember the left screaming non stop that Republcians admitted Bush was a failure because he wasnt out campaigning with the GOP?
Be more specific: are you talking about the mid-term elections of 2006 for President Bush? Or after he left office? I seem to recall that President Bush did indeed go out during his last mid-term elections and support various Republican candidates.

As for President Obama: time will tell. I imagine some Democrats would rather not be too associated with him. "The heart may be willing........"

Old 03-06-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Be more specific: are you talking about the mid-term elections of 2006 for President Bush? Or after he left office? I seem to recall that President Bush did indeed go out during his last mid-term elections and support various Republican candidates.

As for President Obama: time will tell. I imagine some Democrats would rather not be too associated with him. "The heart may be willing........"
Either. All we heard non stop was lefties whining that the GOP couldnt seperate themself fast enough from Bush failures and didnt want him to campaign for them..

So where is Obama?

Old 03-06-2014, 08:55 AM

68,684 posts, read 78,712,858 times
my guess, unless things change a lot in the next few months, many Democrats won't really want him to be by their side. plus, I am not sure he gives a damn who is elected to what, it isn't about him and that is all he cares about!!! himself...My opinion only, I know many will disagree with me.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:36 AM

21,568 posts, read 10,430,021 times
Quote:
Either. All we heard non stop was lefties whining that the GOP couldnt seperate themself fast enough from Bush failures and didnt want him to campaign for them..

So where is Obama?
Why would President Obama be out their campaigning in Red states and Red districts.

The geography matters you know ?

Old 03-07-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Why would President Obama be out their campaigning in Red states and Red districts.

The geography matters you know ?
There are no Democratic districts and no Democrats running? Are you sticking with this asinine reply or would you like a do-over?

Old 03-07-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
There are no Democratic districts and no Democrats running? Are you sticking with this asinine reply or would you like a do-over?
Considering i never said that, i dont need a do over, how about you respond to what i said and not to what you wanted me to sa.

Why would the President be campaigning in States and districts that he lost in his own Presidential election when he himself was on the ballot ?

in 2008 when Bush was leaving office and people said Republicans were running from him these same red states were on the map.

Bush didnt campaign in states that he won, and won by large margins in 2004 where as you are asking why Barack Obama is not campaigning in states that he lost.

Your argument makes no sense ...other than the fact that you are so paranoid and partisan that you blind yourself to simple observations.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:24 AM

19,144 posts, read 12,797,157 times
It's up to the candidates to ask for Presidential support.
Bush did respond to requests, and he's a big GOP fund raiser now. Obama could respond, but as always, it all depends on what on a President's plate at the moment, and right now, the plate is piled pretty high.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Considering i never said that, i dont need a do over, how about you respond to what i said and not to what you wanted me to sa.

Why would the President be campaigning in States and districts that he lost in his own Presidential election when he himself was on the ballot ?

in 2008 when Bush was leaving office and people said Republicans were running from him these same red states were on the map.

Bush didnt campaign in states that he won, and won by large margins in 2004 where as you are asking why Barack Obama is not campaigning in states that he lost.

Your argument makes no sense ...other than the fact that you are so paranoid and partisan that you blind yourself to simple observations.
Here, since its difficult for you, I'll dumb the question down just for you.

Why isnt Obama campaigning in blue states and districts he won?

Old 03-07-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Here, since its difficult for you, I'll dumb the question down just for you.

Why isnt Obama campaigning in blue states and districts he won?
Thats not dumbing down the question,thats completely changing it because you realize your question was flawed, and I will continue to point out the flaws in your latest version.....

IT'S MARCH

How many sitting Presidents endorse candidates before they even win primaries against other members of their party ? Bump this thread in September or October if he hasnt campaigned for blue state Democrats then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or