Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you support for the 2016 Republican nomination
Rand Paul 18 29.51%
Ted Cruz 6 9.84%
Ben Carson 4 6.56%
Chris Christie 7 11.48%
Bobby Jindal 1 1.64%
Paul Ryan 2 3.28%
Scott Brown 17 27.87%
Jeb Bush 2 3.28%
Other 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 04:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

amazing, it seems that Rand Paul is attracting support from all sides of this board. Not that we have any say so or are representative of the country, but it is still interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 08:52 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I voted other. I was formerly a supporter of Christie, but I'm deeply unimpressed with how he handled the GWB mess, along with Tesla and e-cigarettes.
I was a fan of Governor Christie until his embrace of Obama after Sandy. After that, and Romney's loss, I said no way to Christie for 2016. Then I saw his poll numbers and his victory in NJ. Everyone in politics is in it for themselves. I hate it, but I can ignore that. As far as Tesla and e-cigarettes, while I disagree, these are minor issues. As far as the GWB situation, again, politicians are in it for themselves and we've seen far worse from others. If he can recover, I'll support him. He'd put states in play that no other candidate on the radar now would if he could fully recover.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:53 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,189 times
Ben Carson is my main guy, but he still hasn't expressed interest in running yet. It's just been assumed.

But I don't really care who wins the nomination, I'm voting for them regardless. It's all about stopping Clinton.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Ron Paul!

Old 03-17-2014, 01:11 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
You left off Marco Rubio. I think Scott Walker is much more likely than Scott Brown to run in 2016. I would be happy with any from the list of Cruz, Paul, Rubio, Jindal, or Ryan.

Each has their particular strengths. Cruz to me is Reagan 2.0, so that is my predilection right now. Rubio is the best speaker and best communicator. Rand Paul is the best on fundamental freedoms, which is something we desperately need. Jindal is the smartest, sharpest, and hardest-working, has a background in health care, and is strong on school choice. Ryan is best on the budget and the debt.

We have a lot of good choices.
And you do know this all goes out of the window when the primaries start, right?

My problem is that none of these people are better than Clinton, which is sad. The Democrats offer up another poopoo platter and this is the best?

Christie was your best bet but he seems like he doesn't deal well with public scrutiny.

Cruz is too polarizing to be on the national stage.

Ryan still has the stench of Romney on him and got embarrassed by Joe Biden of all people.

Marco Rubio is ok.

Rand Paul is not his father.

Jindal is not charismatic in the least bit.

But definitely not Cruz or Paul.

I would just run Hunstman.

Last edited by btsilver; 03-17-2014 at 01:22 PM..

Old 03-17-2014, 04:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
And you do know this all goes out of the window when the primaries start, right?

My problem is that none of these people are better than Clinton, which is sad. The Democrats offer up another poopoo platter and this is the best?

Christie was your best bet but he seems like he doesn't deal well with public scrutiny.

Cruz is too polarizing to be on the national stage.

Ryan still has the stench of Romney on him and got embarrassed by Joe Biden of all people.

Marco Rubio is ok.

Rand Paul is not his father.

Jindal is not charismatic in the least bit.

But definitely not Cruz or Paul.

I would just run Hunstman.
and why Huntsman? He isn't charismatic at all and he has his connection with Obama, which is a lot worse than Ryan's connection with Romney: as for Rand Paul, why do you think he is gaining in popularity? He is not his father. He has something his dad just didn't have. I am not sure what it is, but he is much more electable.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:35 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,313,112 times
Little Rand Paul is just as extreme as his lunatic leprechaun father and neither will ever be president.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
Little Rand Paul is just as extreme as his lunatic leprechaun father and neither will ever be president.

Do you need to borrow my cow whip?
What has Rand or his dad done to you?
Did they steal from you?
Did they kill someone in your family?

Or does them two telling the truth, expose the lies you have been following?

Old 03-17-2014, 05:46 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Do you need to borrow my cow whip?
What has Rand or his dad done to you?
Did they steal from you?
Did they kill someone in your family?

Or does them two telling the truth, expose the lies you have been following?

you say ron paul yet you admitted voting for the establishment gop candidate multiple times.

you vote for whoever the gop tells you to vote for in the end.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:09 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
you say ron paul yet you admitted voting for the establishment gop candidate multiple times.

you vote for whoever the gop tells you to vote for in the end.
So? You vote for whoever has the most melanin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections