Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 08:26 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times

Advertisements

For as much as the left disses old people, what with us leeching Social Security and having such old foggy notions, one would think they could come up with better names than Hillary and Blowin' Joe. And Jerry Brown, lolol. And the worst of the bunch, Lurch Kerry.

I guess their war on old people is only on old Republican people.

Booker really wouldn't be a bad choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 09:14 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I personally do not see her running due to her age, and the fact she will have a majority republican congress to deal with.

Yet (The Democrats) have put all their eggs in the Clinton basket.

Do they have a backup plan?
I'm looking at possible candidates O'Malley, Biden, etc and I admit that will a much easier election for a republicans to compete in.
I agree that there is no backup plan, but I think she's running. Can she win? I want to believe that she can, but I don't believe it.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:33 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
hillary is running, and if she wins will most likely get 2 terms.

the bench is: cory booker, julian castro, kamala harris, ross miller, kathleen kane and kasim reed. all of those people could become senators/governors in 2016 and build there profile for 8 years, then run in 2024.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:54 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default What will Republicans do?

What clueless Pubs fail to acknowledge is that their ideology sinks the GOP. The Dems don't need Clinton to wipe the floor with the GOP candidate. Besides, the list of candidates that are frequently mentioned as possible GOP hopefuls, reads like a Whos Who of Creature Features.

The better question is: What in the hell are Republicans going to do to offset the general feeling that they have REGRESSED since the horrific Bush years?

Old 04-06-2014, 10:08 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Syria and Iran will be the new wars.

If rethug$$$ get in. mark my words. We still haven't helped our vets still hurting from Iraq and Afghanistan. What a sick country this is becoming.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I agree that there is no backup plan, but I think she's running. Can she win? I want to believe that she can, but I don't believe it.
It is nice to see a few who are truly using their heads, not just their hearts. There is a difference between dreaming and being realistic. Can she win? Based on all the polls, yes, but right now the polls mean less than they usually do; there are too many "What ifs?" When she announces and the primaries really get underway, then the picture could very well change. It is amazing to me, and I do it as well, how we talk about the future candidates 2 years or more before the election. I can remember when no one even announced until the year of the election or maybe the end of the previous year.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:29 PM

99,566 posts, read 4,492,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It is amazing to me, and I do it as well, how we talk about the future candidates 2 years or more before the election. I can remember when no one even announced until the year of the election or maybe the end of the previous year.
As I recall, it was Jimmy Carter who really got the ball rolling and made the early entry strategy a blueprint for future presidential candidates. He announced two years before the election and it seems like the speculation has only gotten earlier and earlier each election cycle. But it's all fun for us in the political forums.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:57 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
So Liberals, what happens if Hillary doesn't run?

Someone else defeats the GOP entry.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:21 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
So Liberals, what happens if Hillary doesn't run?
The same thing that happens if Hillary does run. We see who gets the nomination at the end of the primary campaign.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:20 PM

99,566 posts, read 4,492,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Syria and Iran will be the new wars.

If rethug$$$ get in. mark my words. We still haven't helped our vets still hurting from Iraq and Afghanistan. What a sick country this is becoming.
Of course. That's why we are hearing so much about Jeb Bush. He'll give them the wars they want so badly.

It's the Bush playbook: run as a compassionate reasonable moderate and then do an about-face after the election and go to war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections