U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 06:26 AM

17,700 posts, read 35,637,545 times

Advertisements

Daily Kos: Huckabee: women's role in marriage is to "graciously submit"

Come on ladies!!! Here's your guy!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 07:11 AM

6,760 posts, read 10,437,233 times
My wife actually agrees with that role, however she wouldn't support Huckabee for many other reasons, neither will I.

As for the statement he supported that me and my wife agree with:
Quote:
"A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ."
Me and my wife don't stop at these verses and think that the only responsibility of the husband is to be HEAD of the house. By the way, head does not mean master as in a master-slave relationship, nor does it mean a relationship like a general to a private in the army. It is a partnership where one is the leader, guide, director. Now consider this. Can you think of any decision that a husband should make WITHOUT consulting or considering his wife and her wishes and best interest? I can't, and so far me and my wife are closing in on 3 years of a beautiful marriage and we haven't fought a single time. A few disagreements for sure. But we don't try to "win" by getting our way. We "win" by keeping the other happy.

At the same time, I can see where a lot of people who have experienced a much different version of this, or have seen men who are abusive of their wives would think Huckabee is just a loon. I happen to find him a loon for other reasons, not this one though.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:25 AM

5,396 posts, read 7,072,718 times
"Gracious submission". Sounds a little kinky.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:33 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,265,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
This is getting scarey. Submit my ^$^$$##!

Old 12-11-2007, 07:58 AM

640 posts, read 359,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
"Gracious submission". Sounds a little kinky.
It would to some......

Old 12-11-2007, 08:00 AM

640 posts, read 359,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
People will always try to sling mud at the leader of the pack....

Old 12-11-2007, 08:23 AM

58,199 posts, read 41,033,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post

Questioning something he said is slinging mud?

Old 12-11-2007, 12:21 PM

7,139 posts, read 13,189,449 times
Of course, anything on the Daily Kos is suspect, but that aside, I certainly believe Huckabee would endorse such a tenet, as oppression of women is throughout the Bible. He will surely be grilled on that and any number of issues as the days go by. He is going to need to keep his cool, already is very defensive, and is just not a good "trait" to reveal as leader of the free world. Also needs to play down the God influence as well if he wants to stay out front. However, theology is his profession, so will see how well he balances that with a godless nation. The other caveat is, this was said in 1998. All the other candidates have flip flopped, he may just have to follow suit. After all, a reasonable amount of time has passed, n'est pas?

Old 12-11-2007, 12:32 PM

4,708 posts, read 7,719,703 times
Huckabee is phenomenally unqualified to be POTUS. He is a career Bible-thumper (Southern Baptist church pastor). He is probably unelectable in the general election.

If he were to be elected, Frank Zappa's prediction (at YouTube, see his appearance on CNN'S "Crossfire" show) of an American Theocracy will, practically speaking, have come to pass.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:06 AM

2,967 posts, read 1,764,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
Exactly. What is the purpose of the thread really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections