Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 04:54 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Actually, gerrymandering has a LOT to do with why Tea Party candidates have any traction at all - when there's a heavily Repulblican or conservative leaning district, a Tea Party candidate can still win with the very hard-right positions symptomatic of the TP...or they may have to go with such stances because of the sentiment. However, that means that their policies don't have much appeal elsewhere.
What you're describing explains why we get extremist Democrats like Nancy Pelosi, Sheila Jackson-Lee, Alan Grayson, and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

Strangely enough, the Democrats put their extremists in leadership positions, most likely because there aren't any moderates left in today's Democrat Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 07:02 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
What you're describing explains why we get extremist Democrats like Nancy Pelosi, Sheila Jackson-Lee, Alan Grayson, and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

Strangely enough, the Democrats put their extremists in leadership positions, most likely because there aren't any moderates left in today's Democrat Party.
Why is Grayson an extemist? He's against intervention by our Military and he's against the powerful Federal Reserve. He does come across "passionately" when he's disparaging republicans. Part of the act when some of your beliefs go against the President.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:30 AM

195 posts, read 153,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why is Grayson an extemist? He's against intervention by our Military and he's against the powerful Federal Reserve. He does come across "passionately" when he's disparaging republicans. Part of the act when some of your beliefs go against the President.

He still wants to pick the winners and the losers, by placing We The People, into groups and selecting which group gets more from the federal government, than any other American.

Freedom & Liberty for the chosen, but never for all. The plan to stay in power.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:28 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManassesMomma View Post
He still wants to pick the winners and the losers, by placing We The People, into groups and selecting which group gets more from the federal government, than any other American.

Freedom & Liberty for the chosen, but never for all. The plan to stay in power.
He was against the bailouts so how is that picking the winners and losers? Maybe there is a policy of his I don't know about?

Old 11-08-2014, 04:25 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Default Joni Ernst " a real model for future Republican women"--Celinda Lake.

In Iowa, GOP's Joni Ernst broke a gender barrier on her own terms - LA Times

Here is a good piece on how Republican Joni Ernst was able to win a seat that was held so long by far-left liberal Democrat Tom Harkin.

Quote:
Ernst was quiet and composed in her answers. As they wrapped up, one skeptical strategist leaned in: "We've been talking here for a while," he said, alluding to the softness of her voice. "Do you think you can command a room of 500 activists and get them fired up?"
She paused for a moment and straightened up: "I command Iowa's largest [military] battalion," she answered. "I don't think it's going to be a problem."
Iowa was the launching pad for President Barack Obama in 2008. The times they are a changing.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:37 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
But, but, but, the "war on women!"

Old 11-10-2014, 06:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
War on Progressives.....

Coming to a state near you.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I think Eric Cantor was the only incumbent to lose to a tea party member, and it wasn't that long ago that Cantor was described as Tea Party.

I have always been a Republican. I am getting more and more Libertarian. I hate what the Tea Party have done to my party.

LOL!

Ron Paul is the Godfather of the TEA Party.

The intent of the establishment of, "if you can't beat them, join them", tainted the well of the original Libertarian GOP movement, started by Ron Paul supporters.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Here is a good piece on how Republican Joni Ernst was able to win a seat that was held so long by far-left liberal Democrat Tom Harkin.

Iowa was the launching pad for President Barack Obama in 2008. The times they are a changing.
As I see it and it is just my opinion, there are so many new faces, both male and female in the Republican party it is hard to keep track. I don't meant just because they have won an election, I mean the way they have won and how they have handled their speeches. Some that come to mind were not just elected this year, but in the past 6 years or so.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:59 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Yeah, except the military *had* to obey her...she may find Congress a little more challenging. Cats don't listen...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections