Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 05:19 PM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, the gap was even worse during the early Reagan years. I've even shown you graphs to prove it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 05:23 PM

88,955 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, the gap was even worse during the early Reagan years. I've even shown you graphs to prove it.
No, you haven't.

Racial Wealth Gap Tripled Since Reagan Era As Whites Increased Large Lead Over Blacks: Study - Huffington Post

Old 07-01-2014, 06:28 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,745,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well i use it when appropriate (Clarence Thomas, Allen West, Jesse Lee Peterson...to name a few), and yeah...it's a scummy word. But some actions necessitate its use sometimes.

It really doesn't bother me that Rush used the term...i just think his logic is flawed. But whatever...i'm cool with it.
anyone with a different point of view who's black is an uncle tom. gotcha. good luck with that attitude. how should I refer to white male democrats?

Old 07-01-2014, 07:59 PM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Go look at earlier posts I made, from other threads, and you'll see what I mean.

Here is one statistic. In 1983, Black unemployment was at 20%, while White unemployment was at 5%

Old 07-02-2014, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Go look at earlier posts I made, from other threads, and you'll see what I mean.
I've already posted a link to data indicating:

Racial Wealth Gap Tripled Since Reagan Era As Whites Increased Large Lead Over Blacks: Study - Huffington Post

Time to give up your delusion.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:23 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
I've already posted a link to data indicating:

Time to give up your delusion.
Another fine demonstration of your usual tone deaf way of blowing past posts and merely reposting the same thing again and again and again. Green Mariner is talking about the unemployment rate, and you come back with the wealth gap. Most likely you think the two are one and the same.

I have some bad news for you, the wealth gap has increased exponentially for all Americans, not just for blacks. Those at the bottom of the income ladder always feel it the worst, but unless you are in the top one percent, white America hasn't done any better since the Reagan era in that regard.

Could America's Wealth Gap Lead To A Revolt? - Forbes

Of course, you will probably just repost your little link again in response to this post, which is fine. I just wanted to set the record straight. I won't bother to tell you it's time for you to give up your delusions. That would be pointless.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Another fine demonstration of your usual tone deaf way of blowing past posts and merely reposting the same thing again and again and again. Green Mariner is talking about the unemployment rate, and you come back with the wealth gap.
Think about that really hard. Use your critical thinking skills.
Quote:
"Younge notes that the paradox behind the strong black support for President Obama is driven by the fact that blacks are most likely to support the president and are simultaneously worse off under Obama than under any other president in recent history, including the Republicans."
The Gap Between Blacks and Whites is Larger Under Obama than Bush or Any Other President | Black Blue Dog

The White/Black wealth gap tripled since Reagan, and doubled during Obama's Admin.

But, hey, yeah... keep voting for Democrats. How's that working out for Blacks?

Old 07-02-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
I have some bad news for you, the wealth gap has increased exponentially for all Americans, not just for blacks. Those at the bottom of the income ladder always feel it the worst, but unless you are in the top one percent, white America hasn't done any better since the Reagan era in that regard.

Could America's Wealth Gap Lead To A Revolt? - Forbes

Obama's policies have benefited which group? Blacks? No. The middle class? No. The top 0.1%? You bet! So, why did you vote for him?

Why did you vote for a corporatist hell-bent on enriching the already rich? That was completely idiotic!

Old 07-02-2014, 06:48 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
You try using your critical thinking skills, if you have any. Again, those at the bottom of the income ladder always feel it the worst. But it's been growing at an obscene rate for both black and white America, whether you acknowledge it or not. Probably not. It doesn't fit with your rant.

Quote:
The White/Black wealth gap tripled since Reagan, and doubled during Obama's Admin.
Yeah, no one saw this link the last few times you posted it. It doesn't change the fact that the wealth gap in white America has grown equally as wide. So go ahead, repost the same link again and pretend that the wealth gap isn't obscene for every single one one of us down here in the 99%. But you can talk to yourself, I have better things to do than waste any more time on you parroting the same thing again and again.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Yeah, no one saw this link the last few times you posted it. It doesn't change the fact that the wealth gap in white America has grown equally as wide.
No, it isn't. White wealth is 22 times that of Black wealth. Used to be an 11 times difference until Obama. Don't you read the data?

Oh, and just released, by the way... Obama Is Worst President Since WWII, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; More Voters Say Romney Would Have Been Better

National (US) Poll - July 2, 2014 - Obama Is Worst President | Quinnipiac University Connecticut
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections