Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 04:44 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Why shouldn't black people have a voice in who represents them in the MS Senate?
For those who had already voted in the MS Democratic primary, it is illegal for them to then vote in the Republican primary runoff. There's been evidence found so far (examination of poll records still ongoing) that several thousand voters voted illegally in the Republican runoff.

That's a crime that carries a fine of $200 and/or a 6 month jail sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 10:50 AM

6,822 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
For those who had already voted in the MS Democratic primary, it is illegal for them to then vote in the Republican primary runoff. There's been evidence found so far (examination of poll records still ongoing) that several thousand voters voted illegally in the Republican runoff.

And if McDaniel can prove 7K+ voted illegally he would have a valid case. As of today he does not have such proof. A republican did a end around on the tea party. Now the tea party supporters are all in arms about the lost. The state Mississippi will make the final call unless the federal court gets involved. To let this thing drag on hurts the GOP only. In typical fashion the tea party could careless about the damage they do. It's our way or the highway in their eyes. I fully expect for them to run McDaniel as a third party. Common sense is not that common when it comes to these folks.

Reggie

Old 07-06-2014, 11:41 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
And if McDaniel can prove 7K+ voted illegally he would have a valid case. As of today he does not have such proof. A republican did a end around on the tea party. Now the tea party supporters are all in arms about the lost. The state Mississippi will make the final call unless the federal court gets involved. To let this thing drag on hurts the GOP only. In typical fashion the tea party could careless about the damage they do. It's our way or the highway in their eyes. I fully expect for them to run McDaniel as a third party. Common sense is not that common when it comes to these folks.

Reggie
Mississippi doesn't allow for him to run as third party or as a write-in.

Here's why McDaniel can't mount a November challenge

The only recourse the Tea Party will have when they lose this fight--and I believe they will lose--would be to either encourage Conservatives to stay home, or encourage them to crossover and vote against Cochran.

I can't disagree with any of the rest of your post. The Tea Party is all set to cut off its nose to spite its face. It's how they operate.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
And if McDaniel can prove 7K+ voted illegally he would have a valid case. As of today he does not have such proof.
They haven't examined all the counties, yet. More to come.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
And if McDaniel can prove 7K+ voted illegally he would have a valid case. As of today he does not have such proof. A republican did a end around on the tea party. Now the tea party supporters are all in arms about the lost. The state Mississippi will make the final call unless the federal court gets involved.
The Feds are already involved. Cochran's campaign is being investigated for campaign finance violations.

FEC Seeks Answers From Pro-Cochran Super PAC | Political MoneyLine Blog=

Old 07-06-2014, 05:02 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
This would be my question to Limbaugh. What do you want?

Old 07-06-2014, 06:54 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:

In typical fashion the tea party could careless about the damage they do. It's our way or the highway in their eyes.
This will lead to more mainstream Repubs crossing over vs backing a TP candidate in November, as well as in years to come.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:37 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
This will lead to more mainstream Repubs crossing over vs backing a TP candidate in November, as well as in years to come.
And hopefully, this will give more moderates a chance.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:28 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

I know that, and nothing that I wrote indicates otherwise. The burden of proof, though, is upon McDaniel to make his case that what you allege is true. That hasn't happened yet, and it's been a couple of weeks. We'll see what happens, and if voter fraud is proven to have occurred, then I will be among the first to say that McDaniel should be the rightful candidate. Barring that, though . . . And I do realize that the McDaniel camp has a couple of lawsuits in the works. Again, we'll see what happens.

You do know that the turn out for the Democratic primary in MS was very low, right?

Old 07-07-2014, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
I know that, and nothing that I wrote indicates otherwise. The burden of proof, though, is upon McDaniel to make his case that what you allege is true. That hasn't happened yet
Key word: yet. They're still examining poll records and finding more. Going through poll records state-wide is a time-consuming process. A final count won't be released until they're finished.
Quote:
And I do realize that the McDaniel camp has a couple of lawsuits in the works.
Yes, based on more than just the illegal votes. The FEC is investigating the Cochran campaign, as well.
Quote:
You do know that the turn out for the Democratic primary in MS was very low, right?
Irrelevant of the fact that they've found several thousand to date who illegally voted in both the D and R primaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections