Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 07:21 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well i use it when appropriate (Clarence Thomas, Allen West, Jesse Lee Peterson...to name a few), and yeah...it's a scummy word. But some actions necessitate its use sometimes.

It really doesn't bother me that Rush used the term...i just think his logic is flawed. But whatever...i'm cool with it.
Some of your posts are racist, that is obvious. You use Uncle Tom to play the race card because you cannot discuss policy as it would expose the failed ones you follow. Informed people discuss policy.

[quote=desertdetroiter;35401597]LMAO....this cracked me the hell up. I guess Rush was kinda mad.

Can't win. Conservatives want blacks to vote Republican....but only when it's legal.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-27-2014 at 04:11 AM.. Reason: do not "fix" another member's quote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 07:25 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
So if Childers wins, they get a Democrat.

If Cochran wins, they DON'T get he Tea Party guy...

That's called a win-win.

BTW... Mississippi black folks know Mississippi white folks quite well. So Cochran isn't getting over on anyone. Blacks don't trust him as far as they can throw him, but he's still better than the alternative.
Good to see the racism in your posts again. Business as usual. Since when should people be judged by their color? Rhetorical.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Some of your posts are racist, that is obvious. You use Uncle Tom to play the race card because you cannot discuss policy as it would expose the failed ones you follow. Informed people discuss policy.

I fixed your quote for you. It looks like many of the votes were illegal. But keep falsely testifying since you're afraid of the truth.
I don't mind if you call me names or insult me. Couldn't care less about the TOS rules regarding that.

But please, avoid changing my posts in the future.

If the votes were illegal (you hope), then you've got nothing to worry about, do you?

And no, i use Uncle Tom to describe black folks that have it coming. And as i've said in many other posts, i don't consider it the business of non-blacks to interfere. It's not like you can help these people anyway. If anything, you're hurting them.

BTW...what failed policies do i "follow."

Quote:
Good to see the racism in your posts again. Business as usual. Since when should people be judged by their color? Rhetorical.
Oh...so you're really not interested in my answer to that, are you?

Of course not. You don't really wanna discuss that one.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:29 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
[quote=MrClose;35403537]Harriet Beecher Stowe, The author of Uncle Tom's Cabin, like most liberals believed that support for the downtrodden demanded sympathy rather than solidarity.

Like most liberals, she thought that liberation could only be granted by the good grace of the powerful rather than achieved by the will and tenacity of the powerless.

In one polemical passage Stowe asserts: “There is one thing that every individual can do [about slavery] they can see to it that they feel right.†To that extent Tom must also be rescued from Stowe as well.

The fact is .. it is the Black Democrats who use the Uncle Tom expression when a Black leaves the plantation!

Uncle Tom is whoever you want him to be. Arbitrary in application — who decides who is an Uncle Tom and on what basis? — and prohibitive in nature, it exemplifies the very limits of race-thinking. Even though it is an insult that falls most readily from the lips of self-avowed radicals, it is in fact a reactionary form of psychological and behavioural racial policing within black communities.

I can find numerous examples but the following sums it up nicely:

Read all about the Black's who have escaped the 'Plantation' here: uncle tom | The Minority Republican

Michael Jackson only got a 1!!! That's so wrong. He was the whitest black man on the planet: white skin, white features, white kids, etc.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:11 AM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
According to Mississippi law, they are compelled to vote for Cochran in the general election. But the law is unenforceable.
I guess that means that if McDaniel loses this last-ditch effort, he will be compelled to vote for Cochran?

Old 06-27-2014, 11:24 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I guess that means that if McDaniel loses this last-ditch effort, he will be compelled to vote for Cochran?
You are still confused about what is going on? Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:30 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
[quote=Loveshiscountry;35408124]Some of your posts are racist, that is obvious. You use Uncle Tom to play the race card because you cannot discuss policy as it would expose the failed ones you follow. Informed people discuss policy.

Quote:
LMAO....this cracked me the hell up. I guess Rush was kinda mad.

Can't win. Conservatives want blacks to vote Republican....but only when it's legal.
Under the state law of Miss runoffs (and Texas' too I might add), it was entirely legal for those who had not voted in the primary at all to vote in the runoff. It doesn't seem fair and/or moral, but that's the law.
Even funnier is Donna Brazile commenting that Cochran did so much for black Mississippians and that they were paying him back- LOL. Uncle Tom in real life was a fugitive slave who helped more than 100 other fugitive slaves escape to Canada in the 1830s. He was an american hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM6jUDzOcQ

Old 06-29-2014, 10:34 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
[quote=wehotex;35421420]
Quote:

Under the state law of Miss runoffs (and Texas' too I might add), it was entirely legal for those who had not voted in the primary at all to vote in the runoff. It doesn't seem fair and/or moral, but that's the law.
Even funnier is Donna Brazile commenting that Cochran did so much for black Mississippians and that they were paying him back- LOL. Uncle Tom in real life was a fugitive slave who helped more than 100 other fugitive slaves escape to Canada in the 1830s. He was an american hero.
]
I'm not from Mississippi so i can't say...sounds like you know though: has Cochran NOT done much for black Mississippians? Is that what you're saying?

Because he's done plenty for white Mississippians...believe it. If he's done nothing for black Mississippians, that sort of justifies black opinions about Republicans because as a senator and not a congressman, he represents ALL of black Mississippi too...right?

Old 06-29-2014, 10:44 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
LMAO....this cracked me the hell up. I guess Rush was kinda mad.

Can't win. Conservatives want blacks to vote Republican...but only when THEY say you can.

Limbaugh: "Black Uncle Tom Voters" Are Responsible For Sen. Cochran's Primary Win | Video | Media Matters for America
Limbaugh is a reactionary, a shock jock, and a sore loser. And many people wonder why Blacks have reluctance to vote Republican. The moment many Blacks do, suddenly, there are those who complain. All this shows is that Blacks can't win. Deep down, I feel like some people don't want Blacks involved in the political process at all.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:20 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose;35406686[B
]Is it a matter of convenience to skip over posts that refute your talking points or is just biased and blatant dishonesty?[/b]

I spent a good amount of time at post #27 spanking the meme of the left!

There are some BIG WORDS in the post .. let me know if you need some assistance?
You are telling me you read the entire forum before you post a comment ? I think not, but if you want to pretend you do, it matters not to me.

As for your post itself, you didnt refute a single thing i posted. You just posted the origin of the original term, And Republicans interpretation of why the author was a moron in his/her opinion ?

You said it refuted me, and if i had any question, you would be willing to answer them, so explain how it refuted my post ?

Are you arguing that the terms have different meanings to different people? If so, the only way that refutes my claim is if you know Rush's definition is different than mine, but you dont.

He was using the term as a negative and misusing it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections