Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2014, 01:25 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,396,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Amen. The GOP was strong pre TP, and will be strong post TP. They are weakened now while with the TP.
They were weak as hell. Who won all the seats in 2010? Who keeps losing elections? The GOP! They started losing elections well before the TP came around. If it wasn't for the TP the GOP would be such a minority in Congress it would be shameful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 01:38 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,889,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
They were weak as hell. Who won all the seats in 2010? Who keeps losing elections? The GOP! They started losing elections well before the TP came around. If it wasn't for the TP the GOP would be such a minority in Congress it would be shameful.
Odd, some fellow named Newt led them over a decade prior to the TP. Some guy named Ronald stood in the Oval Office, and he was followed by Bush 41. 25 years before the TP.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Odd, some fellow named Newt led them over a decade prior to the TP. Some guy named Ronald stood in the Oval Office, and he was followed by Bush 41. 25 years before the TP.
wow, you have to go back THAT far to find some success??? LMAO! Bush 43 killed your party.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:49 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,889,737 times
Quote:
wow, you have to go back THAT far to find some success??? LMAO! Bush 43 killed your party.
No, what killed it is not appealing beyond rural, under-educated white men.

If the GOP had Bush's Latino appeal and no TP anti-immigrant hate spiel spewing out, they'd be fine.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
No, what killed it is not appealing beyond rural, under-educated white men.

If the GOP had Bush's Latino appeal and no TP anti-immigrant hate spiel spewing out, they'd be fine.
No, that RINO outlook is what is killing it.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:29 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
Quote:
Bad advice. REALLY bad advice. The party needs to be split. The GOP is nothing more than Progressive-lite and soon to be full blown. They are as bad as the Dems.
sorry, I still say we are going to ruin ourselves if we don't stop this. I was all for the Tea Party when it was first formed, but I think they are carrying things a little far and not all anti tea partiers are RINOs like you think. There are fiscal conservative, there are social conservatives and religious conservatives plus some who are a mixture of the above. I am certainly not a RINO but I am not a social conservative either. To me, the most important thing is to stand behind the candidates that get the nomination even if we do not agree with them 100%. Just cause we didn't get our way about a candidate we have to stop this pouting...

Old 06-27-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
sorry, I still say we are going to ruin ourselves if we don't stop this. I was all for the Tea Party when it was first formed, but I think they are carrying things a little far and not all anti tea partiers are RINOs like you think. There are fiscal conservative, there are social conservatives and religious conservatives plus some who are a mixture of the above. I am certainly not a RINO but I am not a social conservative either. To me, the most important thing is to stand behind the candidates that get the nomination even if we do not agree with them 100%. Just cause we didn't get our way about a candidate we have to stop this pouting...
NO! I don't want ANYONE in there who got there through illegal votes no matter WHO they are. You were saying we should accept the results even if votes were illegal, that's not an honest position to take. The GOP is FULL of power hungry RINO's who want their crack at Tyranny. That's why they are doing NOTHING about ANYTHING.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
No party should be asked to accept fraud, though. If there were enough voting irregularities then the results should not be certified.

The Democratic candidate is actually very conservative, maybe more so than Cochran.
As I said, if there was fraud that is different but unless it is actual fraud we need to let this drop and move on.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:38 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,816,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
All or nothing, Nita. You either back the Tea Party 150% (100% isn't good enough any more) or you are a RINO. And to the poster you're responding to, your common sense has firmly labeled you a RINO.

You guys really need to find a way to reign these Tea Partiers in or they will completely destroy the GOP.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
NO! I don't want ANYONE in there who got there through illegal votes no matter WHO they are. You were saying we should accept the results even if votes were illegal, that's not an honest position to take. The GOP is FULL of power hungry RINO's who want their crack at Tyranny. That's why they are doing NOTHING about ANYTHING.
nope, not at all, but I don't think we should act like a bunch of 2 year olds. If you read my first response you would see I said, I don't want anyone, regardless of party to be in office illegally, but I hope that if and when it is proven one way or the other, we can get on with it and support the Republican. That is my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections