Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2014, 01:46 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
nope, not at all, but I don't think we should act like a bunch of 2 year olds. If you read my first response you would see I said, I don't want anyone, regardless of party to be in office illegally, but I hope that if and when it is proven one way or the other, we can get on with it and support the Republican. That is my point.
I agree with you, but do not demean two year olds by comparing the more childish TP to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 01:48 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
nope, not at all, but I don't think we should act like a bunch of 2 year olds. If you read my first response you would see I said, I don't want anyone, regardless of party to be in office illegally, but I hope that if and when it is proven one way or the other, we can get on with it and support the Republican. That is my point.
We first have to have this investigated. What's wrong with that? You call that acting like 2 year olds? Wanting legit elections is acting like 2 year olds? Wow......

Old 06-27-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I agree with you, but do not demean two year olds by comparing the more childish TP to them.
The only child in this entire story was Cochran. He lowered himself to the slimy bowels of Democrat tricks in order to retain his power and control.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:55 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The only child in this entire story was Cochran. He lowered himself to the slimy bowels of Democrat tricks in order to retain his power and control.
This is so utterly bogus.

He appealed to voters who traditionally vote for Democrats.

This entire, "only Republicans should be allowed to vote in the Republican primary" is a load of bunk.

A SENATOR represents the entire state. A SENATOR answers to the entire state's population. A SENATOR isn't supposed to just represent one political party. Party purity is the path of self-destruction. First you purge the moderates from your party. And then you continue to winnow it down. RINO. Party unfaithful. People who don't tow the line. Only REAL Americans. Only TRUE Republicans. Only Republicans who vote this way and this way and this way and this way. Oh, you don't agree with the party? Off with your head!

The people of the state of Mississippi participated in the political process. As is their right.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

The people of the state of Mississippi participated in the political process. As is their right.
It's NOT their right to cast ILLEGAL votes. Cochran WAS the child, he used race hustling, distortions and downright lies to get them out to vote for him. He ran trucks with loud speakers through the black areas telling them that McDaniel was a racist and was trying to take away AA's right to vote and all sorts of things like that. That's a scumbag of the highest order.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:01 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
Open primaries are not tricks. Many states have them. Nothing slimy about them.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Open primaries are not tricks. Many states have them. Nothing slimy about them.
I'm talking about his race hustling and downright lies he used in the black neighborhoods. Pay attention to what your slimy guy is ACTUALLY doing. You approve of those tactics? You approve of him going into these neighborhoods with a loudspeaker saying that McDaniel is a racist and wants to take voting rights away from blacks, etc? You approve of that?

Old 06-27-2014, 02:06 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
It's NOT their right to cast ILLEGAL votes. Cochran WAS the child, he used race hustling, distortions and downright lies to get them out to vote for him. He ran trucks with loud speakers through the black areas telling them that McDaniel was a racist and was trying to take away AA's right to vote and all sorts of things like that. That's a scumbag of the highest order.
And the only way to invalidate the run-off results is to prove that THOUSANDS (roughly SEVEN THOUSAND) of illegal votes were cast. Cochran didn't urge them to do anything illegal. He only urged people to vote. Something that politicians are SUPPOSED to do. He didn't need to tell them McDaniel was a racist. McDaniel's own positions and statements (on confederate flags, on reparations, on welfare, on "pork") did that.

Cochran's win, with the help of Democrats, is actually a good thing for the Republican Party. If the Republican Party wants to win elections, they can't do it by excluding people. They can't go around telling people that they can't vote for Republicans because.....whatever reason. Political parties win by getting votes, and by getting voters to the polls to vote. Not by only getting politically "pure" voters. There's no such thing. Voters aren't angels.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And the only way to invalidate the run-off results is to prove that THOUSANDS (roughly SEVEN THOUSAND) of illegal votes were cast. Cochran didn't urge them to do anything illegal. He only urged people to vote. Something that politicians are SUPPOSED to do. He didn't need to tell them McDaniel was a racist. McDaniel's own positions and statements (on confederate flags, on reparations, on welfare, on "pork") did that.

Cochran's win, with the help of Democrats, is actually a good thing for the Republican Party. If the Republican Party wants to win elections, they can't do it by excluding people. They can't go around telling people that they can't vote for Republicans because.....whatever reason. Political parties win by getting votes, and by getting voters to the polls to vote. Not by only getting politically "pure" voters. There's no such thing. Voters aren't angels.
Cochran is disgusting. Nothing McDaniel has EVER said is racist. You just only see racism whenever you don't agree on a position. So you agree with Cochran's tactics? Scaring blacks by lying to them? Who's the real racists here, I think it's the people who USE the minorities for personal gain.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:09 PM

10,012 posts, read 15,659,151 times
Quote:
As I said, if there was fraud that is different but unless it is actual fraud we need to let this drop and move on.
nmnita, I'm sorry. I agree with your above post. I had understood your initial post to mean that the other candidate should just concede regardless what happened for the good of the party.

I would hope all posters agree that fraud is not to be tolerated regardless of which party commits it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections