Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 08:17 AM

332 posts, read 344,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Why is it that Obama's bootlickers are continually demanding "a clear, coherent, unified message" from conservatives, but they never ever demand ANYTHING from the Democrats they actually vote for?
First, I'm not an Obama bootlicker.

Secondly, the voters DID demand something from the Democrats. Democrats wanted immigration policy, healthcare reform, minimum wage increases, and updated energy policies. Obama mostly delivered on that.

Heck, Democrats want more than this, and many are not "Obama bootlickers" because they see him trying to compromise when he shouldn't!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 08:19 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
I'll blame him for at least as long as he and his supporters blame Bush.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:42 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Oh, they'll continue to blame Obama, just like they continue to blame Clinton and Carter and LBJ and JFK and FDR and Wilson, depending on their grievance du jour. They seem to like Truman, so they avoid blaming him - and none of them can even name a Democrat from before the 20th century, so Presidents like Grover Cleveland are off the hook for blame.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:36 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
Quote:
Again, why don't you demand ANYTHING from the Democrats you actually vote for? It's only the conservatives you expect to solve problems, even though you exist simply to trash them.
I demand accountability for all people for whom I vote, whether republican, conservative or democrat. Not sure what you are talking about there......perhaps you have the wrong cat ?

Again, I have better things to do than to just trash people. Which is why I do not encourage such behavior. I am too busy solving problems and fixing things in people's lives as it is.
I expect solutions from our government representatives which we pay so well. All of them.

Anyone can work. Some choose not to. Anyone can go to school, learn a trade or get an education. In America, that opportunity is there for anyone who truly wants it. Some do not choose this, opting instead for ignorance and suffering.

Now get back to work. All of you. It is not the July 4th weekend yet.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:31 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdscott View Post
The last couple of posts personifies the question in the OP. If you get asked the question he or she asked, the answer is not to start blaming Obama for things wrong in the country. Yes, we get it that he has ruined the country.

But what clear, coherent, unified message are you going to get behind when he's gone?

Liberals had to get a clear message about the future before voters would give them a chance again, even though Bush's last couple of years were a disaster. The voters were not just going to reward them with the reins again if all they hollered was Bush, Bush, Bush with nothing behind that rage. They unified (mostly). But the GOP would rather blame Obama and not deal with reality. Reality is NOT a conspiracy theory. And even if all these conspiracy theories are true, at some point you have to get past that and get in sync with 1) what the voters want and 2) communicate that CLEARLY.

"Obama abused the IRS!" - cannot be the rallying cry if you don't have any solutions (not based on ideology and wouldn't pass Congress) that will fix that department.

But keep trying, I guess.
The last post personifies the absurdity in the OP.

Nothing of value in this post. Nothing about policy. It's always about policy and there is very little difference between the parties except the hand picked winners and losers.
It's not about how to manipulate the economy, it's about how NOT too. It's not about arming different factions and occupying countries in the Middle East it's about how NOT too.
The clear, coherent, unified message is obvious to those paying attention. Less government!

But keep trying, I guess.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:34 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I demand accountability for all people for whom I vote, whether republican, conservative or democrat. Not sure what you are talking about there......perhaps you have the wrong cat ?

Again, I have better things to do than to just trash people. Which is why I do not encourage such behavior. I am too busy solving problems and fixing things in people's lives as it is.
I expect solutions from our government representatives which we pay so well. All of them.
Government has a small defined roll. It is not governments job to fix things in peoples lives or have solutions for them. That is the role of society.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 07-03-2014 at 07:43 PM..

Old 07-04-2014, 03:12 PM

37,169 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post

I seriously who the right wing will direct their anger against, once Obama leaves office.
Hillary, unless she decides not to run. If she runs, she'll win.

Old 07-04-2014, 05:26 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
I'll run with her as VP

Old 07-04-2014, 06:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Obama is not my favorite person in the whole world. There are things he could have done differently.

For example, he has opposed the X-cel Pipeline and I happen to think we should build that because of the jobs it will create in this country. The Alaska Pipeline has little effect on the environment there and this whole country is criss-crossed by oil and natural gas pipelines.

However, what stands out is that Obama could say that the sun rose in the east every morning and John Boehner, Mitch McConnell and the rest of the Republican party would argue that he is wrong. No President who was elected to office would have been perfect by a longshot.

When the conservatives claim Obama is the most liberal President in history, I wonder what they are talking about. With the exception of the ACA (which is really just Mitt Romney's idea in Massachusetts applied to the rest of the country) he has barely gotten anything through Congress at all. He couldn't be the most liberal President in history simply because Congress has only gone a long with one or two of his suggestions. Lyndon Johnson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and Teddy Roosevelt passed hordes of legislation which one could call "progressive" or "liberal" depending on their orientation. I think Obama is closer to being an "ineffective President" than a liberal President.

Anyway, this man whatever his accomplishments (or lack thereof) has served as a lightning rod for the right. He is criticized no matter what he does. He could save a drowning child and get blamed for it.

I seriously who the right wing will direct their anger against, once Obama leaves office.

Perhaps we will do the same thing that Democrats did after they no longer had W Bush to blame. Keep blaming him nonetheless.
MSNBC Moonbat Maddow Blames Ukranian Mess On – Wait For It – George Bush « Rat Nation

Old 07-04-2014, 06:34 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
I am pretty sure we can blame him for everything for the next eight years, just like the left and Oblama himself have done to Bush.
You can probably do it for the next 16 years considering Republicans are still blaming Clinton for what happened during the Bush years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections