Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 09:55 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,740,120 times

Advertisements

I have to admit... Fox News is 24 hour Obama bashing... I guess that's what happens when Obama declares war on Fox News... Obama blames his failures on Fox News and Fox News blames Obama on his failures... What happens when Obama leaves office? The same thing when Bush left or did you guys forget what happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 09:56 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,888,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdscott View Post
. But the GOP would rather blame Obama and not deal with reality. Reality is NOT a conspiracy theory. And even if all these conspiracy theories are true, at some point you have to get past that and get in sync with 1) what the voters want and 2) communicate that CLEARLY.

"Obama abused the IRS!" - cannot be the rallying cry if you don't have any solutions (not based on ideology and wouldn't pass Congress) that will fix that department.

But keep trying, I guess.
Good post. The GOP must get past their "Hate Obama at all costs MO", and actually have something to offer (as opposed to the simpler task of just opposing status quo). They remind me very much of the 2nd guy punching in an NHL game; first guy may have hurt them with their stick, but there was no call. 2nd player can play on w/o penalty, but inevitably he loses his head, throws a punch, and ends up the only man penalized.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:27 PM

29,175 posts, read 22,142,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
I don't think Obama will wind up an academic...I think he's going to wind up on the Supreme Court. There is precedent for that and he'd be good at it. Deliberation and weighing the law is his style.
I doubt it, at least for the moment.
Remember Obama is still a young man with a young family. There are many things he can do after he finishes his term, but i don't think sitting in the Supreme Court building is one of his top choices.

Maybe in a decade, though. William Howard Taft served on the Supreme Court as Chief Justice and the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals, and was the Solicitor General of the U.S. after he left the Presidency.

He was also T.R. Roosevelt's Secretary of War, Provisional Governor of Cuba, and Governor General of the Phillipines.

Taft's post-President service is remarkable.

Old 07-03-2014, 04:42 AM

109 posts, read 90,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I don't play the "it's both sides fault" game. The Democrats are only guilty of actually thinking the Republicans care about compromise. Literally every problem this country is facing is a direct result of Republican policies of the last 30 years.

LMAO! Yes, Virginia, people in America really do believe their own bull****.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Old 07-03-2014, 04:56 AM

37,733 posts, read 40,772,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Obama is not my favorite person in the whole world. There are things he could have done differently.

Anyway, this man whatever his accomplishments (or lack thereof) has served as a lightning rod for the right. He is criticized no matter what he does. He could save a drowning child and get blamed for it.

I seriously who the right wing will direct their anger against, once Obama leaves office.
Are we complaining about incompetence, anti-American policy or scandals for Obama because in second place it's a tie between Nancy Pelosi and RINOS, in my opinion.

Oh, and by the way, he'd be blamed for the drowning child because she'd be dead by the time he 1) hears about it in the media; 2) makes up his mind on what to do about it and 3) figures out how to spin it.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:56 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,180,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Obama is not my favorite person in the whole world. There are things he could have done differently.

For example, he has opposed the X-cel Pipeline and I happen to think we should build that because of the jobs it will create in this country. The Alaska Pipeline has little effect on the environment there and this whole country is criss-crossed by oil and natural gas pipelines.

However, what stands out is that Obama could say that the sun rose in the east every morning and John Boehner, Mitch McConnell and the rest of the Republican party would argue that he is wrong. No President who was elected to office would have been perfect by a longshot.

When the conservatives claim Obama is the most liberal President in history, I wonder what they are talking about. With the exception of the ACA (which is really just Mitt Romney's idea in Massachusetts applied to the rest of the country) he has barely gotten anything through Congress at all. He couldn't be the most liberal President in history simply because Congress has only gone a long with one or two of his suggestions. Lyndon Johnson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and Teddy Roosevelt passed hordes of legislation which one could call "progressive" or "liberal" depending on their orientation. I think Obama is closer to being an "ineffective President" than a liberal President.

Anyway, this man whatever his accomplishments (or lack thereof) has served as a lightning rod for the right. He is criticized no matter what he does. He could save a drowning child and get blamed for it.

I seriously who the right wing will direct their anger against, once Obama leaves office.
He will nominate himself for the supreme court

Old 07-03-2014, 07:46 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,898,275 times
Quote:
The last couple of posts personifies the question in the OP. If you get asked the question he or she asked, the answer is not to start blaming Obama for things wrong in the country. Yes, we get it that he has ruined the country.

But what clear, coherent, unified message are you going to get behind when he's gone?

Liberals had to get a clear message about the future before voters would give them a chance again, even though Bush's last couple of years were a disaster. The voters were not just going to reward them with the reins again if all they hollered was Bush, Bush, Bush with nothing behind that rage. They unified (mostly). But the GOP would rather blame Obama and not deal with reality. Reality is NOT a conspiracy theory. And even if all these conspiracy theories are true, at some point you have to get past that and get in sync with 1) what the voters want and 2) communicate that CLEARLY.

"Obama abused the IRS!" - cannot be the rallying cry if you don't have any solutions (not based on ideology and wouldn't pass Congress) that will fix that department.

Why is it that Obama's bootlickers are continually demanding "a clear, coherent, unified message" from conservatives, but they never ever demand ANYTHING from the Democrats they actually vote for?

Old 07-03-2014, 08:32 AM

7,569 posts, read 6,017,004 times
Quote:
The last couple of posts personifies the question in the OP. If you get asked the question he or she asked, the answer is not to start blaming Obama for things wrong in the country. Yes, we get it that he has ruined the country.

But what clear, coherent, unified message are you going to get behind when he's gone?

Liberals had to get a clear message about the future before voters would give them a chance again, even though Bush's last couple of years were a disaster. The voters were not just going to reward them with the reins again if all they hollered was Bush, Bush, Bush with nothing behind that rage. They unified (mostly). But the GOP would rather blame Obama and not deal with reality. Reality is NOT a conspiracy theory. And even if all these conspiracy theories are true, at some point you have to get past that and get in sync with 1) what the voters want and 2) communicate that CLEARLY.

Well, this is what I have been trying to say all along. Please do not bring complaints without a solution.
Anyone can complain. A certain overweight entertainer has made millions in radio and books since the Clinton administration just by doing nothing more than complaining. And he has complained witoout ever once suggesting a solution.

Most of what I see are conspiracy theories, serial lies, and when I check these items out, turns out that they are more or less untrue. More or less, I say, because they have anything from half truth to no truth at all. BUT regardless, we do not see solutions, workable solutions brought to the table. All the crying, whining, complaining, keeps work from getting done.

At my company we have a very good albeit unwritten policy. It is more of a standard than a policy. The rule is, no one brings a complaint to anyone above them UNLESS they have a solution to offer. And we want solutions that benefit the company, that bring in more $$$ which ends up back in the pockets of the employees. We deal in WIN-Win situations.

Needless to say, we make $$$ and our company runs like a rolex. Because we do not waste time crying and whining everytime a problem arises. We find solutions, adjust and move on.

Unfortunately, on these forums, in political offices and certainly in Washington DC this is not the practice. We have shown it works. We have shown that cooler heads, intelligent thinking and reason will bring about a win-win solution, when it is practiced. Blaming does not work. Crying does not work, it wastes time.

Some people, some less intelligent types, mistakenly think that by making others look bad, they will make themselves look good. This is not the case, although it is a banal practice which many engage. Sadly, it accomplishes little to nothing. Blaming another party or another candidate is not a solution.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:38 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,898,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Well, this is what I have been trying to say all along. Please do not bring complaints without a solution.
Anyone can complain. A certain overweight entertainer has made millions in radio and books since the Clinton administration just by doing nothing more than complaining. And he has complained witoout ever once suggesting a solution.

Most of what I see are conspiracy theories, serial lies, and when I check these items out, turns out that they are more or less untrue. More or less, I say, because they have anything from half truth to no truth at all. BUT regardless, we do not see solutions, workable solutions brought to the table. All the crying, whining, complaining, keeps work from getting done.

At my company we have a very good albeit unwritten policy. It is more of a standard than a policy. The rule is, no one brings a complaint to anyone above them UNLESS they have a solution to offer. And we want solutions that benefit the company, that bring in more $$$ which ends up back in the pockets of the employees. We deal in WIN-Win situations.

Needless to say, we make $$$ and our company runs like a rolex. Because we do not waste time crying and whining everytime a problem arises. We find solutions, adjust and move on.

Unfortunately, on these forums, in political offices and certainly in Washington DC this is not the practice. We have shown it works. We have shown that cooler heads, intelligent thinking and reason will bring about a win-win solution, when it is practiced. Blaming does not work. Crying does not work, it wastes time.

Some people, some less intelligent types, mistakenly think that by making others look bad, they will make themselves look good. This is not the case, although it is a banal practice which many engage. Sadly, it accomplishes little to nothing. Blaming another party or another candidate is not a solution.
Again, why don't you demand ANYTHING from the Democrats you actually vote for? It's only the conservatives you expect to solve problems, even though you exist simply to trash them.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:51 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,387,406 times
i suspect that the next *appointed* potus will be a clinton or a bush

So whoever the oposite party is they will take on the main blaming tasks, the party in power will then blame them back

meanwhile americans will be getting f'd over with all kinds of legislation that most dont know about, and well havd the usual group of monkeys on the internets argueing about which lying politician/ party is better thinking they won something "my guy won" whoop-d-f-n-do

congrats, you all should not be worshipping politicians, if your not a corporation or part of a political campain(where there is opportunity to siphon money and get rich) then you have no dog in the game
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections