Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 09:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

That point lies far in the future.

Currently, the most clueless among the right wing low-info set blame all of Dubya's massive foul-ups on both Clinton and Obama. They post regularly in the POC forums.

Reality plays no part in their little worlds. Limbaugh is their news man.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 02:19 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Obama is not my favorite person in the whole world. There are things he could have done differently.

For example, he has opposed the X-cel Pipeline and I happen to think we should build that because of the jobs it will create in this country. The Alaska Pipeline has little effect on the environment there and this whole country is criss-crossed by oil and natural gas pipelines.

However, what stands out is that Obama could say that the sun rose in the east every morning and John Boehner, Mitch McConnell and the rest of the Republican party would argue that he is wrong. No President who was elected to office would have been perfect by a longshot.

When the conservatives claim Obama is the most liberal President in history, I wonder what they are talking about. With the exception of the ACA (which is really just Mitt Romney's idea in Massachusetts applied to the rest of the country) he has barely gotten anything through Congress at all. He couldn't be the most liberal President in history simply because Congress has only gone a long with one or two of his suggestions. Lyndon Johnson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and Teddy Roosevelt passed hordes of legislation which one could call "progressive" or "liberal" depending on their orientation. I think Obama is closer to being an "ineffective President" than a liberal President.

Anyway, this man whatever his accomplishments (or lack thereof) has served as a lightning rod for the right. He is criticized no matter what he does. He could save a drowning child and get blamed for it.

I seriously who the right wing will direct their anger against, once Obama leaves office.
Fortunately, Obama is kind of weak, and blends in with Bush during a period of misery, so I think that as long as future Democratic presidents get elected, they'll stop blaming Obama by about 2030.

He's more likely to become an embarrassing footnote, a la Carter to them, than to be a serious threat to them.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:59 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
They'll manage. People wondered what we'd do without Bush to blame and we got by. We blamed him for about four years (which they'll do with Obama of course), and then we just kind of settled into being unhappy with our guy for not sticking with core principles. I'm sure they'll go through a similar process.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:26 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I have to admit... Fox News is 24 hour Obama bashing... I guess that's what happens when Obama declares war on Fox News... Obama blames his failures on Fox News and Fox News blames Obama on his failures... What happens when Obama leaves office? The same thing when Bush left or did you guys forget what happened?
Really? 24-hour Obama-bashing? Would that include the many Democrats/liberals frequently seen on Fox News?

Old 07-11-2014, 12:45 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Play the blame game to the hilt, as Obama does! Tick Tack Now why would we disappoint.

And for all my cd friends only, throw a party at my house, it is big enough!

I myself think playing the blame game for as long as Obama has, and the supporters who have gone along for the ride, was just plain ignorant to the core.

Think we can do it up better?

Old 07-11-2014, 03:43 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
They'll manage. People wondered what we'd do without Bush to blame and we got by. We blamed him for about four years (which they'll do with Obama of course), and then we just kind of settled into being unhappy with our guy for not sticking with core principles. I'm sure they'll go through a similar process.
I don't think the legacy of Obama's astounding incompetency will fade all that much. He's not even halfway through his 2nd term and has already earned the title of worst president since WWII.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:23 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Everything you say about the right and Obama could have been said about Bush and the left when he was President. The answer is that whoever is in power will be the target from the other side...simple to answer this query.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
That point lies far in the future.

Currently, the most clueless among the right wing low-info set blame all of Dubya's massive foul-ups on both Clinton and Obama. They post regularly in the POC forums.

Reality plays no part in their little worlds. Limbaugh is their news man.

and you don't think Obama has done anything wrong? I can't believe anyone can still be supporting him!! You don't think any screw ups as you call them, Dubya made had anything do to with Clinton? let's be fair and honest here: most of us realize Bush will not going down in history as the Pres we all hoped we would be, but Obama? Holy cow, I am not sure if he is totally clueless or his ego says, I can do or say anything I want and that makes it right?

Oh, let me all something you think you know but you do not: there are a heck of a lot of us who pay no attention to Limbaugh. Think of something new to base your opinions of us "low info" on.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:49 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't think the legacy of Obama's astounding incompetency will fade all that much. He's not even halfway through his 2nd term and has already earned the title of worst president since WWII.
I think we'd have to go back way before WW2...

Old 07-15-2014, 12:06 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
if he is your favorite person in the whole world, you live a pretty sheltered life. I can't imagine anyone saying any politician is their favorite person? as for who will the Republicans blame? Well the Obama people are still blaming Bush and some Reagan. I am sure they will find someone to blame!!!
They did not say that read it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections