U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 04:33 AM

66,565 posts, read 30,370,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A black reverend stiffed by the Cochran campaign has exposed an alleged criminal conspiracy by Cochran staffers to commit massive voter fraud ahead of Tuesday's controversial U.S. Senate Republican runoff election in Mississippi.

Reverend Stevie Fielder, associate pastor at historic First Union Missionary Baptist Church and former official at Meridian's redevelopment agency, says he delivered "hundreds or even thousands," of blacks to the polls after being offered money and being assured by a Cochran campaign operative that Chris McDaniel was a racist. "They [the Cochran campaign] told me to offer blacks fifteen dollars each and to vote for Thad."

It is illegal under several provisions of Mississippi law and federal law for campaign officials to bribe voters with cash and punishable up to five years in jail. (MS Code 97-13-1; MS Code 97-13-3 (2013) (Federal Code 18 U.S.C. 597, U.S.C. 1973i(c)) Voter fraud schemes are not unusual for Mississippi. In 1999 Mississippi's attorney general reported massive voter fraud allegations throughout the Magnolia state. In 2011, a Mississippi NAACP leader was sent to prison for voter fraud, according to the Daily Caller.

... "They sold me on the fact that he was a racist and that the right thing to do was to keep him out of office," Fielder says.

Text messages released to Got News and a recorded interview with Reverend Fielder confirmed that Saleem Baird, a staffer with the Cochran campaign and current legislative aide to U.S. Senator Roger Wicker, and Cochran campaign manager, Kirk Sims, were involved in a $15-per-vote cash bribery scheme to target members of the black community.
And most importantly...
Quote:
Baird realized he had been lied to when he "took a good look at the campaign ads" and realized "McDaniel was not a racist...me and other people were misguided and misled."
Much more. Listen to the entire audio, as well:

Cochran Campaign Manager, Staffer Busted in Illegal Vote Buying Operation

Small excerpt. No copyright violation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 09:06 AM

4,371 posts, read 11,452,402 times
How do they determine who voted and who to pay the $15. Something seems fishy here but I will reserve judgement until it is investigated.

Reggie

Old 07-01-2014, 10:15 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,465,006 times
According to Forbes, this guy was paid for the interview....

Old 07-01-2014, 11:09 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,091,839 times
i offered my vote for 20 bucks on here in the 2012 election cycle.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:10 AM

9,984 posts, read 6,770,835 times
this could overturn the results.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
According to Forbes, this guy was paid for the interview....
Yes. The FBI is aware of that. The article's author told them when he handed over all the vote fraud scheme evidence. The FBI pays informants, as well.
Quote:
According to a recent article in The New Yorker, the FBI maintains more than 15,000 informants. These informants can collect evidence that government agents would need court orders to collect. The informants are often paid thousands of dollars — in some cases even hundreds of thousands of dollars — in retainers.
http://www.pbs.org/pov/betterthiswor...nd.php?photo=4

Old 07-01-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
this could overturn the results.
Yep. At the very least, people will go to jail for this. Won't be the first time that's happened in MS:

Despite What Democrats Claim, Voter Fraud is Real - US News

5 year prison sentence for a member of the NAACP's executive committee.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:27 PM

4,371 posts, read 11,452,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep. At the very least, people will go to jail for this. Won't be the first time that's happened in MS:

Despite What Democrats Claim, Voter Fraud is Real - US News

5 year prison sentence for a member of the NAACP's executive committee.

No one questions if voter fraud occurs. They question in dispute his how large of a problem is it. Around 5 years ago we had a high school baseball player die because of steroids. His famous dad pushed for random testing in the state of Texas for steroid abuse among high school athletes. The State of Texas spent 6 million dollars in random testing for 45 thousand athletes. 19 athletes out of 45 thousand tested positive. 6 million dollars is a hell of alot of money to prove 19 athletes were cheaters. I suspect the ratios would be the same regarding cheaters at election time.

Reggie

Old 07-02-2014, 02:00 AM

10,113 posts, read 6,330,440 times
This scoop is brought to you by, none other than the blogger who claims to have been fired by Brietbart. Supposedly, Breitbart hired him to disprove birther claims, to show that birthers are lying and Obama is eligible for presidency. But, he found that Obama was not eligible, thus the firing. Well, that makes a lot of sense doesn't it, lol. Oh, and he's offering a 2 thousand dollar reward for the picture of Cochran's wife (which the cops are probably holding as evidence). Those alleged photo's of voters to be paid off? I imagine they are just campaign canvassing lists. I'm not saying there was not some dodgy stuff going on, but I'm not believing this guy's evidence either.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:15 AM

Some people have critical thinking skills, thank goodness...
Quote:
"Black Conservatives Fund calls on the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigations to investigate the claims of voter fraud, wire and mail fraud, and other illegal election activities that may have been committed by Senator Thad Cochran and his campaign aides Saleem Baird and Kirk Sims.

...Board member Anita MonCrief shares the dismay many black conservatives have voiced about the allegations, saying, “As black Americans, it is insulting to us all that in 2014, decades after the horrors of Jim Crow that the Cochran campaign would use black voters in such a manner. Anyone that thinks it's ok to lure black voters to the polls with money and the implied promise of government handouts does not deserve to be a servant of the people.”
Black Conservatives Fund
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or