Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 03:21 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
'His distance from reality is just bizarre,' said another.

Read more: 'It looks like it may be a terrible tragedy': Obama sparks anger with 40-second mention of Malaysian plane crash that killed 23 Americans before giving transportation speech | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sorry you are unable to understand the point. It's not about the number 60.

We barely had any information when he made the initial comments.

Aside from that YOU were the one that through the # 60 out there. I'm not disputing the fact the GOP will pick up seats, and have the chance at picking up the Senate majority (I happen to think they will pick up seats, but all short of the majority)

What I am disputing is the GOP getting anywhere even remotely close to 60. You made those comments, now back it up and again mention SPECIFIC SEATS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 03:28 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
We barely had any information when he made the initial comments.
It's about how out of touch he is. The speech has gone over very poorly.

Quote:
Aside from that YOU were the one that through the # 60 out there. I'm not disputing the fact the GOP will pick up seats, and have the chance at picking up the Senate majority (I happen to think they will pick up seats, but all short of the majority)

What I am disputing is the GOP getting anywhere even remotely close to 60. You made those comments, now back it up and again mention SPECIFIC SEATS.
At this point I have no idea who all Obama will offend in the next couple years. He's capable of being pretty wide reaching. That's the point. He is showing a real detachment from reality and it's hard to tell how much damage that will do.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
It's about how out of touch he is. The speech has gone over very poorly.

At this point I have no idea who all Obama will offend in the next couple years. He's capable of being pretty wide reaching. That's the point. He is showing a real detachment from reality and it's hard to tell how much damage that will do.
If you want to have a serious discussion if is one thing. Saying things like close to 60 shows you have no clue what you are talking about or don't want to have a serious discussion.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:26 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Yes, if Obama continues to act like a petulant child the GOP may get to 60.
Quote:
Sorry you are unable to understand the point. It's not about the number 60.
LOL. Classic example of trying to change the subject after saying something stupid.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:05 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
If you want to have a serious discussion if is one thing. Saying things like close to 60 shows you have no clue what you are talking about or don't want to have a serious discussion.

Personally, I doubt either party would ever hit 60 again, but the best shot, short-term would be the Dems by 2018, as 2016 and 2018 both have the GOP defending the vast majority of seats in unfriendly terrian.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
LOL. Classic example of trying to change the subject after saying something stupid.
I stand by my point.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I stand by my point.
There was no point, you said 60. I asked you to back it up you couldn't.

So either

1. Admit you just pulled 60 out of your ass

or

2. Start naming the 15 seats it would take to get to 60

Old 07-17-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
There was no point, you said 60. I asked you to back it up you couldn't.

So either

1. Admit you just pulled 60 out of your ass

or

2. Start naming the 15 seats it would take to get to 60
Some people are getting awfully touchy over the current political climate. After awhile you get used to it. 60 was just a number to show that if Obama doesn't come back to the real world things might get even worse for the Dems.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Some people are getting awfully touchy over the current political climate. After awhile you get used to it. 60 was just a number to show that if Obama doesn't come back to the real world things might get even worse for the Dems.
Not getting touchy at all. You threw out a number, I asked you to back up that number, you couldn't.

Fact of the matter is regardless of political climate this year was going to be a good year in the Senate for the GOP simply because of which seats are up. Likewise 2016 will be the same, but in reverse. It is going to be a good year for the Dems in the Senate regardless of political climate because of the seats that are up.

Now how large the swings wind up being, the political climate will obviously play a role both this year and in 2016, but who was going to pick up seats this year and in 2016 was set in stone before we knew or know how the climate will be.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Not getting touchy at all. You threw out a number, I asked you to back up that number, you couldn't.

Fact of the matter is regardless of political climate this year was going to be a good year in the Senate for the GOP simply because of which seats are up.

The (D)'s never lose either House if not for Obama's incompetence.

Quote:
Likewise 2016 will be the same, but in reverse. It is going to be a good year for the Dems in the Senate regardless of political climate because of the seats that are up.
Prove it.

Quote:
Now how large the swings wind up being, the political climate will obviously play a role both this year and in 2016, but who was going to pick up seats this year and in 2016 was set in stone before we knew or know how the climate will be.
Which is what I said. I said it could get bad if Obama doesn't get his act together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections