Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Hillary Clinton as POTUS in 2016?
Yes 28 19.72%
Depends on who runs against her 26 18.31%
Absolutely not 88 61.97%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 07:32 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times

Advertisements

Most likely. Because the GOP has no one on the horizon who appears to be a rational alternative. They're so busy policing themselves in an effort to purge anyone who isn't a radical loon that they've taken themselves out of contention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 02:25 PM

201 posts, read 148,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I often hear people say she would win in a landslide if she ran for president(God help us), but I would like to know the consensus for the City-Data posters.

I would never vote for her- even if the Republican candidate was bad, I would just leave it blank.

How about you?
Let's put it this way: Even if Hillary was the only person on the ballot, I would not
vote for her.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:59 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
No I wouldn't.

I don't think she will be the nominee. 4 or 5 Dems will probably run.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:11 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
No I wouldn't.

I don't think she will be the nominee. 4 or 5 Dems will probably run.
If she runs, she will be the nominee.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
No.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:56 AM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If she runs, she will be the nominee.
Obama wants Warren.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:23 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Since no one knows yet if Clinton will run, all this is meaningless.

All this empty speculation will have one effect; In 2007, when Clinton was universally believed to be the sure-fire nominee, especial among conservatives, she became a very easy target for all opponents in both parties to go after her. She and Obama fought much harder for the nomination than any other race I've ever seen.

She won't repeat the same mistake twice if she does decide to run again. I believe there's just as much chance she won't run again as she will. Either way, her silence is making her a very useful stalking horse, allowing other dedicated candidates time to put an organization together and rustle up some funding.

Hillary is a Democrat to the bone, and surely doesn't mind being a stalking horse. Her distraction in 2007 caused the Republicans to be off guard and flatfooted when she didn't become the nominee, and the noise about her this time is even louder than it was then.

If she does run, she already has her act together. There is no other individual plugged into their party as closely as Hillary is, and she can easily afford to wait until the very last minute to announce. If the odds look to be against her by then, she will just pass all her advantages over to the nominee.

Obama was not an unknown at all. He was just unknown to the Republicans. The Democrats knew he was a rising star ever since he delivered a stirring speech at the Democratic convention in 2004. Just as it was then, Democrats are aware of other new rising stars that have since quietly risen inside the party, and the Democratic party has always favored new faces over old ones.

But if things are looking good for Hillary by late 2015, she will certainly be tempted if she does have ambitions to run again, and she'll come out of the gate fast and powerful. Her favorability among all voters has been the highest by far of any other contender from either party. Even if she loses some points, she is still the big fave, and has the best chances of winning of anyone.

While I won't ever write her off until I know for a fact what her ambitions are, until I know, I'm sticking with my gut. Hillary isn't going to run, but her power within her party will be put to immediate and full use by another. And because she can still pack the house out on the trail, she could definitely swing things to the person she most supports.

And if she does run, I'll vote for her, and be proud to do it. We are going to have a female President sooner or later, and Hillary would make a very good President.
Well, you thought Obama would be a good President too. Let's not trust your poor judgment again.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:30 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,596,328 times
No..... If Hilary gets elected then the next thing you know Michelle Obama runs and gets elected and that makes 44 years in which 1 of 3 families ran the country.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:36 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
If she is the nominee, absolutely. I'm looking forward to an intense and challenging primary season however, from both sides. If Hillary runs, I'd like to see her face the same intense competition that Obama faced when she ran against him.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:41 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
I will not be voting for Hilary Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections