Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2014, 04:20 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,982,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Yeah, but I keep responding to see what kind of foolish clap-trap you respond with.
You really entertain me with your naivety.
And I know you can't help but respond to my posts.
Ah yes, his first two terms back when you were a Democrat, I believe the state you are thinking of is Washington, I was living there for a while before moving down to Oregon.

It was a vague comment from you, but you seem to care or you would have simply ignored it and moved on.

There you go again thinking I am assuming you say things. I am just commenting on your posts, not assuming anything about you. Where did I say you said the Oregon Republican party was great? Oh right, I didn't, nice assumption you made. I did however say the Oregon Republican party is a joke, and you have yet to agree with me.

Yet Richardson ran a poor campaign, that isn't the voters' fault, that is his own fault. The least you can do is accept that fact.

Interesting, I seem to be responding to your posts for the same reason, to read the responses you write because they entertain me.

Funny you say "I can't help but respond to your comments" when in actuality, it is you who can't help yourself. As I am sure I will see a response from you about this post in here. Besides, isn't that why we are here in the first place, to read and post on threads?

Old 11-10-2014, 04:31 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,407,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Ah yes, his first two terms back when you were a Democrat, I believe the state you are thinking of is Washington, I was living there for a while before moving down to Oregon.
It was a vague comment from you, but you seem to care or you would have simply ignored it and moved on.

I was once a democrat, once I was a republican.
I wasn't a democrat when I voted for Kitzhaber his first two terms.
In fact, Kitzhaber is one of the main reasons that I vote for who I think is the best candidate, instead of by party.
Sorry you don't have that kind of rational, reasoning mind.
There you go assuming things again.

There you go again thinking I am assuming you say things. I am just commenting on your posts, not assuming anything about you. Where did I say you said the Oregon Republican party was great? Oh right, I didn't, nice assumption you made. I did however say the Oregon Republican party is a joke, and you have yet to agree with me.

You wrote above:
Quote:
You seem to have a lot of hope for the Republican Party of Oregon for someone
who likes to capitalize that they are not a Republican.... Well you might not be a registered Republican, but you do seem to hold the Republican Party in high regard and I can only assume they receive the
bulk of your votes.
You are assuming that I hold the Republican party in high regard, which is wrong, Kiddo.
I don't know where in the world you got that idea.
Quit twisting words around, it's not making you look good at all.

Yet Richardson ran a poor campaign, that isn't the voters' fault, that is his own fault. The least you can do is accept that fact.

Jeez. I told you I agreed that Richardson could have campaigned better in Portland and Multnomah county.
Did you miss that in your rush to make another false assumption?
Pay attention.

Interesting, I seem to be responding to your posts for the same reason, to read the responses you write because they entertain me.

Couldn't come up with anything more original than that huh?
Very Lame.

Funny you say "I can't help but respond to your comments" when in actuality, it is you who can't help yourself. As I am sure I will see a response from you about this post in here. Besides, isn't that why we are here in the first place, to read and post on threads?
Yep! Here I am again!

Old 11-10-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Yep!
And there you go, just couldn't help yourself and had to respond.

Actually I wasn't assuming anything of you with that post, I was just commenting on your comment.

Quote:
It won't always be a joke, and...
I believe when you made this comment you were referring to me calling the Oregon Republican party a joke? If so, then that is what I meant about you having high hopes for the Oregon Republican party. .

Old 11-10-2014, 04:51 PM

22,093 posts, read 19,296,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I don't understand why anyone would want to register with the Oregon GOP if their chairman thinks we should dispose of nuclear waste by diluting it and sprinkling it over America. Honestly, the national party needs to come in and do something. He is most likely mentally ill.
He keeps running for Congress as well in OR-4. 2010 he had token Primary opposition, 2012 and 2014 he had no Primary opposition. Needless to say DeFazio hasn't exactly had much to worryabout (this district is Dem leaning, but not staunch Dem)

Old 11-10-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And there you go, just couldn't help yourself and had to respond.

Actually I wasn't assuming anything of you with that post, I was just commenting on your comment.

Here I am again!

I believe when you made this comment you were referring to me calling the Oregon Republican party a joke? If so, then that is what I meant about you having high hopes for the Oregon Republican party. .
That's quite a stretch, but OK.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He keeps running for Congress as well in OR-4. 2010 he had token Primary opposition, 2012 and 2014 he had no Primary opposition. Needless to say DeFazio hasn't exactly had much to worryabout (this district is Dem leaning, but not staunch Dem)
I don't always agree with DeFazio, but he is a good man.

BTW, my wife and I were visiting some friends who live between Albany and Corvallis a couple weeks before the election.
There were tons of large Art Robinson signs on the back-roads, and people had spray-painted words like "TOOL", NUTCASE", "KOOK" and other detrimentally descriptive words on them.

When I asked my friend about that, he just laughed, and said everyone knows that he isn't all there.
Makes you wonder why the republicans put up with him.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Looks like that is the closest I will get to you admitting I am right, I'll take it.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:43 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
I don't always agree with DeFazio, but he is a good man.

BTW, my wife and I were visiting some friends who live between Albany and Corvallis a couple weeks before the election.
There were tons of large Art Robinson signs on the back-roads, and people had spray-painted words like "TOOL", NUTCASE", "KOOK" and other detrimentally descriptive words on them.

When I asked my friend about that, he just laughed, and said everyone knows that he isn't all there.
Makes you wonder why the republicans put up with him.
Because the base of the Oregon Republican Party isn't all there, either.

They've driven out the moderates; all that remains are people who suck at math and religious control freaks.

It's rather sad, really. Four years ago I was happily filling in the bubble next to Republicans. Now, there isn't a single one on the ballot who isn't completely repellant.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:50 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,858,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Because the base of the Oregon Republican Party isn't all there, either.

They've driven out the moderates; all that remains are people who suck at math and religious control freaks.

It's rather sad, really. Four years ago I was happily filling in the bubble next to Republicans. Now, there isn't a single one on the ballot who isn't completely repellant.
Monica Wehby wasn't a bad candidate for this state ideologically. She was plagued by personal issues though and wasn't vetted thoroughly.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:52 PM

2,892 posts, read 3,470,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm confused. Republicans say that people are fleeing California because of its extreme liberal politics (taxes and what have you), yet Californians move across the country and "ruin" the states they move to? I'm just as confused as you, I thought the people leaving California were God-and-liberal fearing All-American Republicans?
They can't afford to live in the state that has enacted the liberal stupidity, so they move somewhere else that's cheaper and bring their liberal stupidity with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections