Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 11:24 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,933,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
That usually comes with massive cuts to services, normally in the form of education. Wisconsin's job growth was abysmal compared to the national average.

A surplus government budget is not a good thing. Government is not a business.

I found it odd that 2/3 of Wisconsin voters favor minimum wage hikes, yet Scott Walker doesn't believe in minimum wage. Great job, Wisconsin.
The reason job growth lagged in Wisconsin was 5 years of failure from King Obama and Senate Democrats. Without Walker it would have been even worse.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:26 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,671,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The reason job growth lagged in Wisconsin was 5 years of failure from King Obama and Senate Democrats. Without Walker it would have been even worse.
That's the problem with the entire country.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:29 AM

6,254 posts, read 5,053,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Left/unions must be in shock. They have poured MILLIONS of dollars over the last 3 years to defeat him...and have come up empty at every turn. Their hatred is palpable. He is my pick for 2016, has been for a while. And just think the lengths the dems/left will go to in trying to destroy him.
Happy to see him win.

You know...........I'm as cynical as the next person when it comes to politics, and it's hard NOT to buy into the "why vote - they're all bought and paid for anyway" meme.

But there was a ton of money poured into this election, tons of Obama(s)/Clinton(s) appearances to try and influence votes, race baiting ads and women-fear-mongering ads and when it was all said and done none of it mattered to the people who poured into the voting booth.

None of that may matter at the end of the day. We'll still have to listen to non-stop crap for the next couple of years from those fighting to win the presidency. There will likely still be major gridlock in Washington and little if anything will get done. Some of those who won yesterday will still be useless mudslingers looking out for their own self interests. We'll still hear about more scandals and government over-reach. The GOP may or may not be able to get their act together by 2016 and we'll all watch as they lose it all again.

But TODAY? Today I look at the results and know that all the money thrown at the wall to get people to vote against their own self interests did not work. The people spoke, they spoke loudly and I am proud to be an American.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:18 PM
bu2

23,974 posts, read 14,766,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Happy to see him win.

You know...........I'm as cynical as the next person when it comes to politics, and it's hard NOT to buy into the "why vote - they're all bought and paid for anyway" meme.

But there was a ton of money poured into this election, tons of Obama(s)/Clinton(s) appearances to try and influence votes, race baiting ads and women-fear-mongering ads and when it was all said and done none of it mattered to the people who poured into the voting booth.

None of that may matter at the end of the day. We'll still have to listen to non-stop crap for the next couple of years from those fighting to win the presidency. There will likely still be major gridlock in Washington and little if anything will get done. Some of those who won yesterday will still be useless mudslingers looking out for their own self interests. We'll still hear about more scandals and government over-reach. The GOP may or may not be able to get their act together by 2016 and we'll all watch as they lose it all again.

But TODAY? Today I look at the results and know that all the money thrown at the wall to get people to vote against their own self interests did not work. The people spoke, they spoke loudly and I am proud to be an American.

Walker winning in Wisconsin and Christ losing in Florida were two of the most important votes of the day.

Walker got rewarded for doing tough controversial things and fighting special interests. Too few politicians are willing to do that.

Christ did not get rewarded for being a political opportunist.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:07 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,262,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
This thread only shows just how out of touch the left REALLY is....
Exactly!

Old 11-05-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
This really is the beauty of social media. Fools, idiots, paid shills, sycophants, all get exposed. Sooner or later.
They certainly do.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Nothing to run on? He only took the state from a $3 BILLION deficit into a surplus, cut taxes, created jobs and......oh yes, the most important thing....crushed the unions.
Sanrene! Where have you been?

I couldn't agree with you more, and all recall attempts failed!

Old 11-05-2014, 05:22 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Quote:
That usually comes with massive cuts to services, normally in the form of education. Wisconsin's job growth was abysmal compared to the national average.

Whats it like to have to just make things up all the time?

Educational spending for Wisconsin has continued to climb.

Quote:
I found it odd that 2/3 of Wisconsin voters favor minimum wage hikes, yet Scott Walker doesn't believe in minimum wage. Great job, Wisconsin.
Is that the only thing you care about?

Old 11-05-2014, 06:42 PM

12,924 posts, read 13,256,902 times
Quote:
The Left/unions must be in shock. They have poured MILLIONS of dollars over the last 3 years to defeat him...and have come up empty at every turn. Their hatred is palpable. He is my pick for 2016, has been for a while. And just think the lengths the dems/left will go to in trying to destroy him.
He's my favorite darkhorse for 2016.

Seems to be better than most of the pack, including being lightyears better than Hillary.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:44 PM

12,924 posts, read 13,256,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated

Good lord! Is that Paul Krugman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.