Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2014, 12:20 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Neutralizing the traditional Democratic lead among women voters, Republican State Sen. Joni Ernst leads U.S. Rep. Bruce Braley, the Democrat, 50 - 44 percent among likely voters in the race to replace U.S. Sen. Tom Harkin in Iowa, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.
Quote:
The Republican also leads 50 - 43 percent among a key political group, independent voters, and 87 - 7 percent among GOP voters, while Braley takes Democrats 90 - 7 percent. While l5 percent of Iowa voters say they might change their mind, 84 percent say their mind is made up.
Link: Iowa (IA) Poll - September 17, 2014 - Republican Up 6 Points In Iowa | Quinnipiac University Connecticut

Really great news out of Iowa today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Happy to see harkin go... he's like the midwest schumer.. JE will take this one

Old 09-17-2014, 12:38 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
First poll to show results like this, so before you start jumping up and down I think its important to see if any other polls back this one up. The three previous polls showed Braley up by 1, 4 and 2. The three prior to that all showed ties.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:05 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Sad that not enough people don't vote on policy. Oh she's a woman so she gets my vote, oh that person has the same skin color as me so they get my vote or they're in the same party. Guess that's what diversity does.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:00 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
First poll to show results like this, so before you start jumping up and down I think its important to see if any other polls back this one up. The three previous polls showed Braley up by 1, 4 and 2. The three prior to that all showed ties.
braley opened at -140 and is up to -175 and holding.

i have seen no movement towards ernst.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:41 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
GOP is rolling like a freight train.
it's gonna be a bloodbath for Democrats.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:19 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Yep, send Nancy and Harry into retirement, with some fresh, conservative voices.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:08 PM

553 posts, read 595,855 times
Just spent five days in a hospital bed in Omaha. Nothing to do but watch all the ads on tv. Not familiar with most of the candidates, but learned the only thing the Democrats could find against Earnst is that she's pro-life. The Republicans have a beautiful one on Braley, though: When asked if he'd read the Obamacare bill before before voting on it Braley was emphatic that he had--and that's on tape. This allows the Republicans to ask the perfectly logical: So why did Braley knowingly vote for a bill that cut over $700 billion from Medicare? And why did Braley knowingly vote for a bill that would cause millions of Iowans to loose their insurance? I was back in Grand Island when they had their debate, but I understand Braley handed Earnst a good one at the end and she made good use of it: A lot of Iowans have chickens and Braley is suing his neighbor because his neighbor's chickes trespass on his property. Braley made a big deal about how he would cross the aisle and work with Republicans. Earnst came back with, "You can walk across the aisle and work with Republicans but you can't walk across your lawn and work with your neighbor?" I was only there for five days, knew next to nothing about the candidates--often didn't even know what Party they were in--but if that's typical around the country--and Iowa has always been a purple state while Omaha is a fairly purple district--the Democrats are going to get slammed pretty hard.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:18 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,617 times
Conservatives are all over polls when it says something they like yet virulently insisted polls were all wrong in the 2012 election when they skewed toward Democrats, even launching the popularity of the now discredited Unskewed Polls site that insisted all polls somehow had a liberal bias. Looks like conservatives continue to let only information they like into their heads regardless of how close it is to reality.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:00 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
This is one I have been following, and I am optimistic of an Ernst win here. How many Iowans are going to vote for a guy who sued his neighbor over chickens? The gaffe by Michelle Obama who parachuted in to vouch for Bruce 'Bailley' did not help.

I made a small donation to Joni Ernst and got back immediate requests for more. It's annoying, but it's a sign that her campaign is organized and top of the game. All too often I send a donation to a conservative candidate that I like, only to never hear back from them.

This race will be the first thing I google on Nov 5 when I wake up (well maybe after Mia Love). I look forward to 6 years of Sen. Joni Ernst (R, IA)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections