Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2014, 11:20 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times

Advertisements

I've only watched part of this so far. My observation is that Abbott lies and says as little as possible. Sen Davis is a horrible speaker who talks in monotone. Neither one seems genuine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 01:07 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I've only watched part of this so far. My observation is that Abbott lies and says as little as possible. Sen Davis is a horrible speaker who talks in monotone. Neither one seems genuine.
. When asked about "universal pre-4k" (which it's not) by the moderator, Abbott said that he supports it, but would not answer about which taxes he'd be in favor of raising or creating to pay for it. Of course, Wendy Davis is STRONGLY in favor of it, but wouldn't discuss taxes either!!!
Can Sen Davis please move any parts of her body? So stiff.
I have to give Abbott some credit for showing restraint when Wendy threw some stink at him. He also didn't resort to calling Wendy "a Damm librul" like the previous Repub candidates. Abbott touched more on Texas business and job creation. I think that the governorship will go to him 54-42.

Last edited by wehotex; 09-21-2014 at 01:26 AM..

Old 09-21-2014, 07:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Both candidates have a record of experience, in which to highlight & run upon.

One has more than the other, to offer the people of the great state of Texas.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:26 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
I predict Abbot will win by a comfortable margin.

Unfortunately for Texas.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:01 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
If elected governor, state Sen. Wendy Davis would consider using “executive action” to expand the state's Medicaid program under the Affordable Care Act in the face of likely opposition from a Republican-dominated state Legislature, she said Saturday in a wide-ranging interview at The Texas Tribune Festival.

This is a real problem with the Leftists that try to run for Governor in Texas. They clear have no idea what powers the State Constitution allows the Governor. The most important power is the VETO power, both line item and blanket VETO. Texas does not have a King or Queen of Texas that can do the Obama stuff with Executive Actions that neither the people or the Legislature approve of.

She did answer the question that Abbott asked in the Debate with her Texas Tribune interview.

He questioned why she didn’t respond to Abbott when he asked her at the debate if she regrets voting for President Obama.

“No, I don’t regret it,” Davis said. She suggested that she didn’t answer Abbott’s question at the time because she thought it wasn’t valid in the “context” of a gubernatorial debate.

“I thought it was striking that when he had the one opportunity to ask me a question, instead of asking me who I would be as governor, he asked me who I voted for for president,” Davis said.

It was a "striking question" because the vast majority of Texans don't approve of the Obama Administration. The last thing most Texans want is an Obama Rubber Stamp in Texas. We expect the Texas Government and the Texas Governor to fight against the Federal Government when they over-reach and try to tell us how to run the State.

We already know who Wendy Davis would be as Governor - she would be just like Obama. Abbott could have asked no other more relevant question.

I've said all along - it's the Lt Governor race that is the crucial race. The Governor can acquire significant power with longevity (as Rick Perry has), but it is the Lt Governor that has significant power over the Legislature.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

I've said all along - it's the Lt Governor race that is the crucial race. The Governor can acquire significant power with longevity (as Rick Perry has), but it is the Lt Governor that has significant power over the Legislature.

Ya and that guy is a big supporter of Ron Paul and Ted Cruz.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:58 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I predict Abbot will win by a comfortable margin.

Unfortunately for Texas.
I agree. But the races are getting closer and the tides is slowly turn back to where it once was and was the norm. Be Patient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections