U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2014, 08:12 AM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,313,154 times
Reputation: 7449

Advertisements

First, a USA Today poll shows Gardner up by a point:

Quote:
The survey shows Udall at 42%, Republican challenger Cory Gardner at 43% in what is essentially a tie. The poll of 500 likely voters, taken Saturday through Tuesday, has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.4 percentage points.
Link: Poll: In Colorado, Obama is a drag on Democrats

Second, a Quinnipiac poll has Gardner leading by EIGHT points:

Quote:
Colorado U.S. Sen. Mark Udall trails U.S. Rep. Cory Gardner, his Republican challenger, 48 - 40 percent among likely voters, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today. Independent candidate Steve Shogan gets 8 percent.

With Shogan out of the race, Rep. Gardner leads 52 - 42 percent, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University poll finds. This survey of likely voters can not be compared with earlier surveys of registered voters.
Link: Colorado (CO) Poll - September 18, 2014 - GOP Challenger Leads Udall In | Quinnipiac University Connecticut

More great news from the state of Colorado today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2014, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,719 posts, read 11,208,910 times
Reputation: 6150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
First, a USA Today poll shows Gardner up by a point:



Link: Poll: In Colorado, Obama is a drag on Democrats

Second, a Quinnipiac poll has Gardner leading by EIGHT points:



Link: Colorado (CO) Poll - September 18, 2014 - GOP Challenger Leads Udall In | Quinnipiac University Connecticut

More great news from the state of Colorado today!
Likely voters isnt as good as those who voted last time imo. I guess it is less expensive to do it that way?
One poll has a 4.4 margin of error which is a bit high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
19,020 posts, read 15,477,688 times
Reputation: 3956
Quinnipiac poll seems like an outlier. That along with Quinnipiac's poll on the race for Governor don't come close to matching anything else out there. The other three recent polls on this race show Udall up by 4, by 2 and by 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 08:34 AM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,313,154 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Quinnipiac poll seems like an outlier. That along with Quinnipiac's poll on the race for Governor don't come close to matching anything else out there. The other three recent polls on this race show Udall up by 4, by 2 and by 6.
Your "recent" polls are really old polls, but nice attempt at deflection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
19,020 posts, read 15,477,688 times
Reputation: 3956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Your "recent" polls are really old polls, but nice attempt at deflection.
Really old polls are within the last two weeks?? The mre polls you take into consideration the better. When you have a poll that shows results that nothing else out there is showing (Quinnipiac in this case) you should probably wait to see if any additional polling backs that up/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,482 posts, read 8,833,954 times
Reputation: 2527
I no longer let polls effect me. Only one poll matters and that is election day. Pollsters are like weatherman they apply models and computers only to be right half the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
19,020 posts, read 15,477,688 times
Reputation: 3956
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I no longer let polls effect me. Only one poll matters and that is election day. Pollsters are like weatherman they apply models and computers only to be right half the time.
There is nothing wrong with looking at polls. Hell it makes the conversations more interesting. The problem is when people (from both sides fwiw) jump up and down and take any poll that shows something good for their side as absolute fact, especially when that poll doesn't match up to any other polls out there. It is always a much better idea to look at and take into consideration the overall consensus of the polls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 09:26 AM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
29,345 posts, read 39,740,850 times
Reputation: 18786
Marijuana may just be the voter suppression method Republicans have longed for. Liberals, stoned and apathetic, might stay away from the polls in Colorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2014, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,423 posts, read 14,362,707 times
Reputation: 15854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Marijuana may just be the voter suppression method Republicans have longed for. Liberals, stoned and apathetic, might stay away from the polls in Colorado.
This is a pretty farfetched notion. After all, enough showed up sober to get the law passed handily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2014, 04:31 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,482 posts, read 8,833,954 times
Reputation: 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
There is nothing wrong with looking at polls. Hell it makes the conversations more interesting. The problem is when people (from both sides fwiw) jump up and down and take any poll that shows something good for their side as absolute fact, especially when that poll doesn't match up to any other polls out there. It is always a much better idea to look at and take into consideration the overall consensus of the polls.
Polls mean little . The Scotland vote was polled at even , the only poll that matters was 55-45 the pollsters were wrong again.
Polls have a tendency to make people not vote . After all why vote when-the polls show the outcome.
Pollsters and weatherman will e right half the time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top