Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For whom would you vote?
Hillary Clinton 54 51.43%
Rand Paul 51 48.57%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 09:49 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,000,282 times

Advertisements

In the run for the White House in 2016, if it was Rand verse Clinton, I'd vote for neither one of them. When Clinton made the remark in front of the committee to investigate Benghazi "What does it matter at this point" showed me her character. One thing we don't need is another dismissive President.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:33 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The fact of the matter is no Paul will ever sit behind the desk in the Oval Office..

But that's not a fact. It's your opinion. Actually it's not even opinion, it's a prediction, which means it's a guess.

As I've posted so many times before, a prediction does not constitute an argument. This should be considered as a formal logical fallacy, but AFAIK it has not yet been named, so I'm claiming it as wutitiz's fallacy: "A prediction does not constitute an argument."

Old 09-22-2014, 04:44 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
I'd vote for Paul, but Hillary would almost certainly win.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:50 PM

4,030 posts, read 2,714,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Just for fun, if these two were to ran i am curious who people would vote for.

Rand Paul seems more connected to most Americans beliefs... smaller government, against pointless wars, anti-NSA. however Hillary Clinton is a woman, and i know a lot of people are going to vote for her because she is a woman and they want the country to seem less "sexist".

By this logic, Sarah Palin should have been our VP for over five years now.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:57 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,629,758 times
Are those the only choices?
Like the quarterback said on 3rd and long " I think I'll pass "

Old 09-22-2014, 05:05 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Hillary, easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Just for fun, if these two were to ran i am curious who people would vote for.

Rand Paul seems more connected to most Americans beliefs... smaller government, against pointless wars, anti-NSA. however Hillary Clinton is a woman, and i know a lot of people are going to vote for her because she is a woman and they want the country to seem less "sexist".
This is not a contest. Rand Paul always looks like he's hung over and a bit deranged. He LOOKS like what he is. What he represents is repulsive to the American consciousness, and has been so since the days when lunatics decided to bring Slavery to this country. The segment of this country that he's connected to have been dead since those horrific days of supreme ignorance.

"Small government" only works to the benefit of those in power, those who want to make the rich richer without scrutiny, those who want to discriminate without scrutiny, those who want maximize profits by any means, and those who want to displace millions of qualified Americans with foreign labor. Small government favors bigotry. This is NOT what most Americans want.

George Bush was also against "pointless wars" until he started two. He was such a LIAR, and shares the same ideology with Paul, the plagiarist. These people cannot be believed. They will say anything to sucker in votes and support. No.

NSA is not bad just because President Obama is President. I used to work there and the work they do is indeed vital to the national security of this country. Most people in this country don't care for the Conservative ideology that Paul represents, one which throws such vital organizations they typically support under the bus because the President is a Democrat.

Thumbs down on Paul, a regressive version of Bush. He's yet another repulsive figure like his father, a representative of a bigoted ideology. Hillary easily wins simply because what she represents, her ideology, is far superior and connected to what this society has become. Get serious.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:25 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Post Rand Paul and KY citizens health-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Mathematics. How is the GOP going to infiltrate the Blue Wall? Rand Paul or any of the extremists has no chance at winning the states that went Blue for Obama. Hilary is probably going to be even more popular in a 2016 national election than Obama was in 2008.
This and^as my thread on toxic coal slurry references, does Paul support Massey Energy slurry dumping in public water supply. BECAUSE IT IS STILL HAPPENING.

Of course CEO Massey had his own water pipeline installed/ shows you what the 1% think about their residents. They don't give a tinker's damn.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:43 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Following the constitution makes one an extremist? You're lost.
.....really what you think is irrelevant.

Math is math. What states are the GOP wrestling back from the Democrats with Hilary Clinton on the ticket?

Which ones?!?!

(The GOP's path to victory requires every battleground state, or to infiltrate the blue wall).

Old 09-23-2014, 05:49 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
The criminal Kankles McButter Pants or a practicing Ophthalmologist that helps people.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:21 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
(The GOP's path to victory requires every battleground state, or to infiltrate the blue wall).
No, it doesn't. But I still don't think Senator Paul would likely beat Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections