Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 07:44 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times

Advertisements

Mitt Romney to Headline Rally for Mia Love - ABC News

This makes me proud to have cast my vote for Romney in 2012. I see a long future ahead for Mia Love, a skilled politico with a Reaganesque vision of limited government, and a harbinger of the horizon for this great nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 09:32 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Just wait for it. Some democrat will criticize Romney for trying to "interfere" with this election saying he has no business being there.

Those democrats will forget that their hero is constantly doing the same thing, while ignoring his duties as president.

Just wait.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:42 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Just wait for it. Some democrat will criticize Romney for trying to "interfere" with this election saying he has no business being there.

Those democrats will forget that their hero is constantly doing the same thing, while ignoring his duties as president.

Just wait.

Ehh no Democrats were going to say that. If Romney wants to waste his time headliing a rally in a very Republican district so be it.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Ehh no Democrats were going to say that. If Romney wants to waste his time headliing a rally in a very Republican district so be it.
Exactly. Seems like a pretty safe choice to me, almost expected really.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:04 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:

Just wait.
Why would anyone say that? Former politicians campaign for candidates all the time. Bill Clinton has been in Kentucky campaigning for Grimes. It's what they do.

Methinks you have bought into the right wing victim meme a bit too much. Take a deep breath and get a grip.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:47 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i think we all can agree that getting more minorities in the house and senate is the right thing. as i said in that other thread though, the gop is still the white mans party and will not be taken seriously by minorities until they wise up and change there image.

change the image means change the makeup of the GOP from a white mans party to a party with more diversity.

the GOP of today just has the southern white mans block, who is a dying species. it will only survive with influx of blacks and hispanics as the white vote continues to diminish.

a minority candidate in 2016 is a must if the GOP wishes to have any chance. they will not win with your average white male republican.

three candidates come to mind. rubio, susana martinez, condoleeza rice.
It would be important to see also where their policy positions will change or evolve if there are more people of color in the GOP and if these policies will resonate with minority communities. Otherwise such folks won't have much of an impact.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
And you claim to speak for democrats?

Old 10-09-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Why would anyone say that? Former politicians campaign for candidates all the time. Bill Clinton has been in Kentucky campaigning for Grimes. It's what they do.

Methinks you have bought into the right wing victim meme a bit too much. Take a deep breath and get a grip.
As I said, just wait for it.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:56 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Those mean Liberals. They haven't done anything yet, but just wait! I know they will!

(That victim motif looks absolutely smashing on you! )

Old 10-09-2014, 11:04 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
No one thinks its interfering if Romney campaigns for another Republican. Trying to suggest Democrats think that with no evidence is absolutely absurd. Now, what some might wonder is why Romney is holding a campaign rally for an open seat in such a ruby red district as opposed to holding one in a more marginal or leaning district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections