Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 09:27 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,141,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
So do you support the Republican Charlie, the Democratic Charlie, or the now-today-Independent Charlie?
I voted for him as a Republican and again yesterday as a Dem. In the last 4 years, I never once heard anyone say or read anyone write anything positive about Scott--even Republicans. All of a sudden in an election year, people try to push the idea he was a good governor?

Even Scott's attack ads have been incredibly stupid. I'm also sick of the insurance industry and Disney running the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 09:30 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,141,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post

Justice was served. We can not go on retrying people just because some disagree with the outcome.
So OJ should have been given a pass and allowed to go back to making films and Hertz ads?

Old 10-30-2014, 09:41 AM

22,092 posts, read 19,296,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Grayson won this time in Osceola County. Previously he won, then lost in Orange County. I'm not sure without looking it up but the district may have been redrawn?
Yes. Grayson previously represented in the 8th. When he ran again in 2012, he ran in the 9th. The 9th was a newly created district in central Flordia as a result of FL getting a couple new seats and a large portion of the population growth being in that area. The GOP legislature that controlled redistricting actually decided to draw a Democratic leaning district there. They did so in order to protect several surrounding marginal districts that were held by Republicans in which they made more Republican including the former 8th (which became the 10th, in order to protect Webster who defeated Grayson in 2010). It was basically lets create 1 Democratic seat in order to protect 3 vulnerable GOP seats.

About 35% of Grayson's former district included where he lived was in his new district.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:49 AM

19,699 posts, read 11,949,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Yes. Grayson previously represented in the 8th. When he ran again in 2012, he ran in the 9th. The 9th was a newly created district in central Flordia as a result of FL getting a couple new seats and a large portion of the population growth being in that area. The GOP legislature that controlled redistricting actually decided to draw a Democratic leaning district there. They did so in order to protect several surrounding marginal districts that were held by Republicans in which they made more Republican including the former 8th (which became the 10th, in order to protect Webster who defeated Grayson in 2010). It was basically lets create 1 Democratic seat in order to protect 3 vulnerable GOP seats.

About 35% of Grayson's former district included where he lived was in his new district.
Thanks.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:12 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,706,003 times
I love how people blame Crist for the downturn in Florida's economy. Did anyone notice that the *whole world* had a down-turn? Did they expect Florida (largely dependent on disposable income and the house market) to be immune?

Scott happens to be governor when things are improving. Good for him. But his policies are terrible -- typically Republican -- and thousands in this state will die younger than need be because he's blocking ACA, not to mention his voting suppression efforts among other things. Interfering with women is a no-brainer but letting thousands have the care they need is a non-starter.

Vote Crist.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:25 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,850,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Grayson won this time in Osceola County. Previously he won, then lost in Orange County. I'm not sure without looking it up but the district may have been redrawn?
I can believe Grayson is still a Florida Representative? The Man has no filter!

Old 10-30-2014, 10:32 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,440,495 times
Interesting. Seems women in Florida don't like Scott. Not a surprise to me.

Florida (FL) Poll - October 30, 2014 - Independent Voters Boost Crist | Quinnipiac University Connecticut

Old 10-30-2014, 10:36 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,850,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
I love how people blame Crist for the downturn in Florida's economy. Did anyone notice that the *whole world* had a down-turn? Did they expect Florida (largely dependent on disposable income and the house market) to be immune?

Scott happens to be governor when things are improving. Good for him. But his policies are terrible -- typically Republican -- and thousands in this state will die younger than need be because he's blocking ACA, not to mention his voting suppression efforts among other things. Interfering with women is a no-brainer but letting thousands have the care they need is a non-starter.

Vote Crist.
But Crist did not have a Plan 2 and did not have the foresight to make Florida more Diverse , instead of Tourism. He switch Parties 3 times, instead of working on his message. That makes him too slick for me.
Scott has injected new industry and the Housing Market is recovering very nicely. Orange and Osceola is turning around.
To be fair Scotts past has a few skeletons as well. We are dealing with Politicians!

Old 10-30-2014, 10:41 AM

22,092 posts, read 19,296,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I can believe Grayson is still a Florida Representative? The Man has no filter!

You can thank your own GOP legislature for that one. They created a nice district for him in exchange for making several GOP incumbents in nearby marginal districts safer.

Old 10-30-2014, 01:53 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I voted for him as a Republican and again yesterday as a Dem. In the last 4 years, I never once heard anyone say or read anyone write anything positive about Scott--even Republicans. All of a sudden in an election year, people try to push the idea he was a good governor?

Even Scott's attack ads have been incredibly stupid. I'm also sick of the insurance industry and Disney running the state.
That is amazing, of course I don't know how many Republicans you talk to, but our daughter, son in law and son, all living in Florida feel the same about Christ and they can accept Scott. I am not saying they love him, they just don't like anything Christ stands for. If you are sick of insurance an Disney running the state, how do you feel about ambulance chasers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections