Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 11:31 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times

Advertisements

The debate rules were very specific about not bringing any electronic devices (fans included). But since when do radical left wing liberals follow rules, or the law for that matter (see Obama). Of course the media lied about what happened and now does not publicize the truth.

Confirmed: Charlie Crist Broke Debate Rules With Electric Fan » Shark Tank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 11:34 AM

654 posts, read 1,250,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
The debate rules were very specific about not bringing any electronic devices (fans included). But since when do radical left wing liberals follow rules, or the law for that matter (see Obama). Of course the media lied about what happened and now does not publicize the truth.

wow, the media and even the moderators were making fun of the other guy for not coming out for the debate because of the fan, never did they mention that Crist was violating the debate rules by bringing that electronic device.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:36 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
I do think the fan complaint was a bit extreme. Yes, Crist broke the rules, as put forward by the Scott team. The main reason the Scott team did this? Becasue Crist has been using a fan like that in almost every meeting and debate for the last 20 years.

Who really cares, but the Governor looked like an ass because he didn't come out. He could have said something about, "My opponent breaks the rules, as he did for this debate, but I want to talk to my people" Anything would have been better then refusal to come out over a damned fan.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:50 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post

Please, Scott looked like an asshat over a damned fan.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Please, Scott looked like an asshat over a damned fan.

Yes he did.

Very petty, like he was above all else. The guy is a fast talker...

He could have come out when he was suppose to be, and shown how Crist doesn't follow rules of a simple debate, how could he be trusted to follow the rules of the State and the office.

This is a case of the lesser of two evils. You have two Progressive Republicans going at it.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:01 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Frankly I don't even see the point of not allowing a fan. Not sure, but I believe that "electronic devices" are barred to avoid getting help from phones, hand held computers, etc. I don't think it was ever meant for fans. And why is Charlie's fan considered an "electronic device"--because it has a plug?

Trying to spin this as Charlie Crist breaking rules is as stupid as Rick Scott's behavior and did nothing but help Crist.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:02 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Frankly I don't even see the point of not allowing a fan. Not sure, but I believe that "electronic devices" are barred to avoid getting help from phones, hand held computers, etc. I don't think it was ever meant for fans. And why is Charlie's fan considered an "electronic device"--because it has a plug?

Trying to spin this as Charlie Crist breaking rules is as stupid as Rick Scott's behavior and did nothing but help Crist.
A fan is not an electronic device, it's an electric device.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:05 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I do think the fan complaint was a bit extreme. Yes, Crist broke the rules, as put forward by the Scott team. The main reason the Scott team did this? Becasue Crist has been using a fan like that in almost every meeting and debate for the last 20 years.

Who really cares, but the Governor looked like an ass because he didn't come out. He could have said something about, "My opponent breaks the rules, as he did for this debate, but I want to talk to my people" Anything would have been better then refusal to come out over a damned fan.
Exactly what I was thinking, good grief who cares, how about they discuss the issues instead of this nonsense. The things that people get in a huff about these days is just amazing.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:19 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,421,810 times
Lol there is so much spin in that article they're about to spin up a hurricane.

The rules stated no electronic devices. The quotes of the rules in the article do not state anywhere that electric devices or fans cannot be used. The simple fact of the matter was that Crist was on stage several minutes prior to Scott showing up. He can try to spin it as much as he wants, but in the end he is the one that looks ridiculous.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes he did.

Very petty, like he was above all else. The guy is a fast talker...

He could have come out when he was suppose to be, and shown how Crist doesn't follow rules of a simple debate, how could he be trusted to follow the rules of the State and the office.

This is a case of the lesser of two evils. You have two Progressive Republicans going at it.
You are right. It would have been an excellent point to make. He indeed did end up looking foolish. Once again it's an example of how the two options in a race really is no option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections