U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 09:45 AM

5,818 posts, read 13,269,683 times

Advertisements

I can't be the only one whose mailbox is full of political ads which go from the mailbox into recycle without a glance. AFA TV ads, the MUTE button gets a workout. I am sick and tired of the mudslinging and BS. If I want to know about a candidate I will research them on my own, not listen to the ridiculous promises made on TV. IMO these mailings and ads are a huge waste of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 09:15 PM

66,121 posts, read 33,555,721 times
Pretty much.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:24 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,424,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I can't be the only one whose mailbox is full of political ads which go from the mailbox into recycle without a glance. AFA TV ads, the MUTE button gets a workout. I am sick and tired of the mudslinging and BS. If I want to know about a candidate I will research them on my own, not listen to the ridiculous promises made on TV. IMO these mailings and ads are a huge waste of money.
I wonder why statewide republicans waste their money on ads, mailers, etc when they are destined to win in a state like Texas.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:27 PM

20,586 posts, read 8,754,272 times
Quote:
Yep, I don't even look at them. They go right in the trash. I'm sick of the robo calls too.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:13 AM

34,583 posts, read 33,570,813 times
Quote:
The mailboxes at my apartment complex are in a central kiosk with a trash can. None of my political snail mail even comes into my home. I throw it out there unopened.

I get a ton of political e-mail, too. Today I got one from the NRCC practically saying it would be my fault if the GOP lost because A, B, C, X. Y and Z (insert Republican names here) sent me mail that I didn't respond to with a donation. It's the first time I responded with a message of my own. It was this:

"Maybe it will give the Party something to think about the next time they treat conservatives (not just the ones who say they are to get elected) like they have Ebola."

Old 11-01-2014, 04:24 AM

1,239 posts, read 1,703,446 times
My recycle bin is full. As for email, I've never received a political one.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:18 AM

71,663 posts, read 83,230,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I wonder why statewide republicans waste their money on ads, mailers, etc when they are destined to win in a state like Texas.
If they didn't the tide might turn. without ads name recognition wouldn't be as important. I do think we will see a time when political ads will change, especially with technology what it is, but right now it is still a necessary evil.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:03 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,424,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If they didn't the tide might turn. without ads name recognition wouldn't be as important. I do think we will see a time when political ads will change, especially with technology what it is, but right now it is still a necessary evil.
Even in Texas??? Poor Wendy Davis. ;(

Old 11-01-2014, 08:06 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,748,988 times
Quote:
They aren't a waste of money. Those things actually work.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:45 PM

553 posts, read 477,910 times
Quote:
So you'll research them on your own. Bully for you. I doubt more than about 1% of the population is that committed. How am I supposed to know who's running without ads telling me they're running?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections