Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 06:18 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,350,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The media keeps saying that if Obama had been more involved in Campaigns this blowout might not have happened.

They just keep making excuses and ignore the truth.
No kidding, they're still trying to spin another history beating as a victory and claim the country still leans left. Liberals are clearly totally out of touch with reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 05:54 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
^^^^^^EXACTLY! Their sweep has just guaranteed a Democratic for our next President 2016! After another 2 years of the Republican partisan politics,GRIDLOCK,and inaction from "the party with no plan", the people will be sick to death of the GOP and toss 'em again!
I think somebody doesn't follow politics very much.

Not 1 single thing you claim is true.

Just another low information voter.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:40 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,825,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I think somebody doesn't follow politics very much.

Not 1 single thing you claim is true.

Just another low information voter.

UM-HMM,we'll see.

The approval rating for Congress is only 22%!

What do you think it will be after 2 more years of their crap? All Republicans can do is spew their vitriol at the opposition,they never have a better plan! Hate-mongering is their ONLY game!

Job
Approval Ratings for
U.S. Congress
PPIC Statewide Survey,
October

http://www.ppic.org/content/pubs/oth...ngress1014.pdf

Old 11-06-2014, 10:26 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,321,941 times
Quote:
UM-HMM,we'll see.

What do you think it will be after 2 more years of their crap? All Republicans can do is spew their vitriol at the opposition,they never have a better plan! Hate-mongering is their ONLY game!

Job
Approval Ratings for
U.S. Congress
PPIC Statewide Survey,
October

Congress approval rating is a bogus stat. I don't know how someone can put all congress critters into one basket and express either approval or disapproval. They have such divergent views, after all.

If someone approves of Nancy Pelosi then he/she would probably disapprove of, say, Ted Cruz. Now suppose you ask that same person whether they approve of the set (Nancy Pelosi, Ted Cruz). How are they supposed to respond? The question is nonsensical.

The real way to measure congressional approval is the incumbent reelection rate. This year 20 incumbents lost their jobs by either losing their primaries or being defeated on Nov 4. 20 out of 535 total translates to a 96.3% approval rating.
Roll Call Casualty List: 113th Congress

Old 11-06-2014, 11:27 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
UM-HMM,we'll see.

Job
Approval Ratings for
U.S. Congress
PPIC Statewide Survey,
October

"The approval rating for Congress is only 22%! "

You DO understand that "Congress" INCLUDES the dems?

"All Republicans can do is spew their vitriol at the opposition,"

Isn't that EXACTLY what YOU are doing?

"Hate-mongering is their ONLY game!"

Let me see. "Repubs HATE women."

"Repubs HATE blacks"

"Repubs HATE the poor"

"Repubs want to throw granny off the cliff"

Etc., etc., etc.

I think I see hypocrisy!

But, you DO describe liberals to a T!

Old 11-06-2014, 05:47 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,825,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The approval rating for Congress is only 22%! "

You DO understand that "Congress" INCLUDES the dems?

"All Republicans can do is spew their vitriol at the opposition,"

Isn't that EXACTLY what YOU are doing?

"Hate-mongering is their ONLY game!"

Let me see. "Repubs HATE women."

"Repubs HATE blacks"

"Repubs HATE the poor"

"Repubs want to throw granny off the cliff"

Etc., etc., etc.

I think I see hypocrisy!

But, you DO describe liberals to a T!
The GOP has proven that all those things said about them are true,except they are 'closet homo huggers'!
The Log Cabin Republicans (LCR) is an organization that works within the Republican Party to advocate equal rights for gays and lesbians in the United States.

So they are not against homos like they pretend... while they have their evangelical Christian DIGUISE on!

Log Cabin Republicans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-06-2014, 06:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Imagine how big the GOP wave would have been if the media hadn't been shilling for Obama and the Democrats 24/7.
Actually I think just the opposite.

I think the shilling they gave Obama, actually pissed off more individuals than helped. If the administration was held responsible for their policies rather than passing the buck, then I dont think people would dislike Obama as much as they do.

The tuning out I think allowed them to get away with things they might not have tried.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:09 PM

3,532 posts, read 2,840,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The senate can't pass a bill without bi-partisan agreement - same as now - no matter who holds the gavel. I've said before and I will repeat though, the Republicans are more likely to face challenges in getting agreement among themselves than getting Democrats to go along with them. We have seen this in the House for 4 years now. The only thing that passes there is right wing strawmen that will not get cloture in the senate.

I hate to brake it to ya ponderosa, but your buddy Harry Reid used the "nuclear option" and changed the senate rules on cloture, Now that Reid has opened up the can of worms, there's no reason the repub's can't do the same.
Obama's going to have to veto the will of the people, and the Dems are going to have some tough decisions to make

Whats good for the goose.........

bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections