Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2014, 10:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Joni Ernst's speech was hilarious. She looked thrilled. We are going to be seeing a lot more from her the next couple of years...

There is your first woman President.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:21 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,813,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I am fascinated with this race! It wasn't even on my radar and frankly, I don't think it was on most of the national media's radar either. Wow - Maryland is likely going to elect a Republican for Governor.
I've been watching this since primaries. Waiting and waiting and .... waiting. Now seems like the primary was just a couple of weeks ago. Turned out better than I had hoped it would. Now it's time for the party to rebuild itself and the country.

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There is your first woman President.
Yep be ready for Dems to pull out the "your sexist" card.

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Hmm, not by CNN or FOX
Why aren't they all in sinc. MSNBC was talking about how brown lost.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:22 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Hmm, not by CNN or FOX
Certainly not by MSNBC, although Chris Matthews is certainly wringing his hands over it - lol.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:23 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why aren't they all in sinc. MSNBC was talking about how brown lost.
MSNBC is calling races oddly. CNN and FOX seem to be calling the races at the same time or there abouts. However, MSNBC is either calling races really early or really late. No idea why such a divergent methodology.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
MSNBC is calling races oddly. CNN and FOX seem to be calling the races at the same time or there abouts. However, MSNBC is either calling races really early or really late. No idea why such a divergent methodology.
When it's bad news for Dems they either try to hide it or hold out. Too bad they can't pull their typical play by ignoring and not reporting so they'll focus on Brown.

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I think they vote but Mitch will probably be elected. No one will come out for awhile looking to take the position from him.

Got to be a huge power shuffle behind the scenes.
They vote each new congressional term.

For both parties, the criteria for a leadership position is based on two things -

1) fundraising ability

2) ability to keep the caucus together

Silver reports that ted cruz is not lining up behind mcconnell. Wonder what cruz wants...

1,347 posts, read 1,088,316 times
Quote:
I am fascinated with this race! It wasn't even on my radar and frankly, I don't think it was on most of the national media's radar either. Wow - Maryland is likely going to elect a Republican for Governor.
My gut feeling from living here is that Hogan had very good shot, better than Brown. But even I didn't believe my gut feelings since every poll had him down by 7-18 points! Even the poll the GOP paid for had him -2, and his own internals had him winning by less than he is currently winning by.

As a Marylander and a Republican, I don't even care about the Senate right now. I'm so proud of my home, and my fellow Marylanders. I am still in complete disbelief. I'm sorry if I'm being dramatic- Our last GOP governor, Bob Ehrlich won by a complete fluke against a horrendous candidate 8 years ago. The last one before him was Spiro Agnew. The state has only trended more and more to the left since Ehrlich, and most of us in the GOP seemed hopeless that we could ever elect another Republican. I hope this at least convinces my fellow moderate and conservative Marylanders not to move out, but to stay here and keep fighting! Alright I'm done now.

5,340 posts, read 4,427,425 times
Quote:
Ah yes, the absentee ballots for military are likely to be significant in a race this close.
As long as they were sent in on time and/or didn't get "lost in the mail."
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections