U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2014, 04:31 AM

77,900 posts, read 33,252,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Democrats should be in the House wilderness for years and years and years.....oh happy day!!
The GOP was counted as dead and buried not long ago. Boehner is perfectly capable of giving it all back.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:33 AM

71,683 posts, read 83,258,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So what. If republicans can cross party lines and get things done then that is what this country needs. But I doubt they can do that. No one in any party seems to want to compromise.
Explain all the bills that passed the house that are still sitting on Reid's desk. For the most part it appears the Dems are the ones holding everything up. There are exceptions to every rule, but it is obvious the Dems have no desire or didn't to work across the aisle.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I'm actually pleased to see the minimum wage ballot measure for so many states. I think deciding on minimum wage at the state level is the proper place versus federal. What's interesting is how the amount differed from one state to another, as it should given the difference in cost of living for each of those places.
Very true; we supported an increase here in AR. Like education, each state has certain needs that may not apply to all states. That is why states rights are so important in my opinion.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I must say, I'm enjoying tonight very much. Winning VA would have been a great end to the evening, but we have 2 more to make it to 54 for the GOP. And the House has expanded, state legislatures have tilted to GOP, GOP Governors won in deep blue state. The Red Wave has finished coming ashore from 2010. Just think..NO leftist radical SCOTUS nominee will ever make it to the bench-same for the circuit/district courts. We can start dismantling some of the onerous and destructive regulations put in place by obama/dems.

What a great night!
and the old lady in me showed up last night. I so wanted to stay awake, but 9pm the eyes went shut. Don't know how long hubby lasted, he is just getting up now. I don't usually turn the TV on in the morning, think I am going to jump back in bed and watch, what else? Fox and Friends? We flipped back and forth last night, from Fox to MSNBC. I do have to admit Chris Matthews can be pretty funny from time to time.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:10 AM

14,653 posts, read 10,552,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I want to see the breakdown who voted how... and why --why vote republican? Think it will bring you more piece of the pie?
I want Obama to know he has no mandate and to put up his magic pen.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:19 AM

33,914 posts, read 18,445,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Current Tallies
Senate: Republicans +7 (will be +9 most likely)
House: Republicans +12
Governors: Republicans +3 (including Illinois, Maryland and Massachusetts!)

No one is even talking about the pounding that the Republicans put on against the Democrats at the state legislature level.

Yes the, GOP is becoming extinct as they reach historic highs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
"My policies are on the ballot - every single one of them. " Barack Obama.

Haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ......he was right about something for once.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote:
I want to see the breakdown who voted how... and why --why vote republican? Think it will bring you more piece of the pie?
Did you ever think that people woke up, or maybe even the ACA, instead of being this big thing in the sky became reality and people said WTF?

Old 11-05-2014, 05:43 AM

7,310 posts, read 4,930,414 times
Joni Ernst is a bizarre woman. Anyone think her speech was weird and she's just a tad out of touch? Her competition must have been awful in order for her to win.

I slept a little better knowing the Republicans have the control now, though.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:03 AM

34,593 posts, read 33,579,817 times
CNN still had better graphics and much more easy to read results than Fox News but the people on their panels and reporters at the assorted campaign headquarters...EGADS! I ran back to Fox News for the analysis. Blitzer, King, Cooper and Tapper were fine but Gergen (the worst), the commie from the Obama administration (can't think of his name right now), the former Obama Press Secretary with the commie posters in his kitchen whose name I also can't think of right now (was up waaaaaay too late - need sleep) and those snarly women, whose names (or faces, for that matter) that I never knew, UGH. I saw Newt Gingrich but I don't think I heard him say anything.

I couldn't remember what MSNBC's channel was other than it was in the high 100s so I never even checked them out. How were they?

The thing CNN did that I really didn't like was they actually had reporters inside with the people tallying the votes showing the CNN reporters what was on their handwritten papers. Isn't that illegal to have non-election officials in those rooms where the votes are counted?

Old 11-05-2014, 06:07 AM

6,074 posts, read 5,317,774 times
Quote:
Here, I'll start it out. I voted Republican because I know it is insane to love employment and hate employers. Because uneven prosperity is far superior to poverty for all. Because incompetence doesn't work. Because racial and class incitement is not a sustainable governing strategy.

Other than that, I don't know.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:23 AM

6,074 posts, read 5,317,774 times
If you want some great entertainment this morning, look up the NY Times election coverage and go the "comments" section after the articles. Oh, the humanity! The Dem blimp crashed and burned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or