Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 11:07 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,315,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I can't see it will matter, no where close enough to have a clear majority or be able to overrule a veto.

So how will this change - at all - from the last two years

Though I guess gerrymandering is paying off for the republicans

Obstruction, obstruction, obstruction - lets not do anything.

I can't see how this will actually have a real policy impact. . unless they can win the presidential vote in a few years, and that is pretty unlikely.

Gerrymandering? Elections have consequences....

Obstruction? I guess the people saw Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats as being the obstructionist, now won't they....

It is going to be up to Obama to obstruct, after Jan. 2015
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 11:09 AM

37,728 posts, read 40,764,681 times
We have an Elections forum.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:10 AM

29,918 posts, read 18,476,320 times

We will see. Let us remind our selves that many experts (I, far from an expert, got suckered as well) thought Romney would win.

It looks favorable for conservatives (which are different than republicans), but one must remember that there are MANY idiots in the US and thus the results of elections can defy common sense (see 2012 presidential election, in which the most incompetent POTUS in US history was re-elected).

Old 11-04-2014, 11:29 AM

14,798 posts, read 11,934,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This expert is predicting a Senate tie with Joe Biden holding the deciding vote for the next two years.
This expert (LOL!) says it's not a good idea to count the chickens before they're hatched. It's hard to tell how the Democrats' "ground game" will skew the process. IMO, at the risk of being labeled a sore loser, that's what happened with the presidential election in 2012.

As Debbie Wasserman Whatzertooth bragged about Democrats victories because of a "superior ground game" ( which IMO could include any means they throw at it, which, when you think about it, is why they fight so hard against voter ID)

"We are going to hold the Senate tomorrow night. We have, going into election day, a superior ground game that has run circles around the Republicans," she told Tapper.

Dems put up brave face ahead of election - CNN.com

Even so, hope springs eternal, I guess.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:37 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,492,967 times
Dems should be consulting their lawyers to see how to stay out of the Clink after January. That icludes O.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:38 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,476,720 times
I say the republicans just continue the gains of last two cycles but more so in the senate. Not a landslide but then every thing politics has always starts at local ;county and state levels. There they have truly dominate last two cycles. But really its the whole western world that is coming to the end of government being able to supply the financing their money for votes. Greece is a example of what happens when politicians can not promise more free stuff for votes because its destroyed much the funders. France is suffering the same thing. Something for nothing has consequences.

Last edited by texdav; 11-04-2014 at 11:48 AM..

Old 11-04-2014, 12:02 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,531,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Something for nothing has consequences.
The only ones truly getting something for nothing are the bankers who print
the paper money then distribute it amongst themselves, loaning it at interest
to the governments. Get rid of them. Governments should be printing their
own money (like China), not borrowing these scrips of paper that have no value
from the banks that create them.. alas, this is all over most people's heads..
in truth, China has US Constitutional money, whereas the US has anti-Constitutional
money. Go figure. You can't make this stuff up. People are totally ignorant.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:04 PM

4,552 posts, read 3,365,430 times
Gerrymandering? It looks like dems will lose the most house seats in states where they drew the lines: NY, IL, CA.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:21 PM

30,391 posts, read 21,633,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Dems should be consulting their lawyers to see how to stay out of the Clink after January. That icludes O.
I don't know about O, but Holder should be in the clink after supplying guns to the Mexican drug lords.

"Experts are predicting a Republican Landslide today."
I could care less about the Rebubs, but they are a necessary evil to offset the Dems.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:25 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,053,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Not gonna happen. In fact, the GOP will, in all likelihood, lose the Senate once again next time.
From your lips to God's ear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections