Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 12:21 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i dont hate anyone. i dont think government should be as white as it is in 2014. white males like yourself may feel threatened by that which is why you are so defensive.

the GOP being as white as it is now is no good. gop leadership even knows that.

its the GOP white base such as yourself who is against the influx of minorities into the party. more minorities, naturally means less whites, which makes whites such as yourself angry. your angry that the GOP is trying to specifically recruit hispanics and blacks, which is why you attacked my post. you dont want it, even though your party's leadership is actively pursuing it.

No Republican is against minorities entering the party. We usually get behind them. I now have a Hispanic state rep and he is a republican.

What we won't do is change drastically for minorities to enter our party. If you believe as we do we don't care what color or sex a person is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 01:44 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
I love this picture of her and her dad after it was announced she won. It shows she really wanted it. It makes me more happy she won!

Old 11-05-2014, 02:42 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Mia's victory speech:

Election 2014: Mia Love victory speech - YouTube

Old 11-05-2014, 05:20 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
No Republican is against minorities entering the party. We usually get behind them. I now have a Hispanic state rep and he is a republican.

What we won't do is change drastically for minorities to enter our party. If you believe as we do we don't care what color or sex a person is.
That pretty much sums it up right there--and the dems/liberals don't seem to understand that.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:36 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It is a victory for her and the party, no question about it, though if Matheison did run for re-election she likely would have lost. With that being said I think a comparison to Virginia is a good one. A race that wasn't expected to be close wound up being much closer than anyone thought.

I was wrong with my predictions as I thought we would wind up with a 50-50 Senate (6 GOP victories, + an Orman victory), and a bit surprised by the likely 9 seat pickup once Alaska is finalized and the runoff in Louisiana happens. Not completely shocked, but surprised nonetheless. Virginia being as close as what it was probably the most shocking to me. Love by only 3 considering the open seat, how Republican the district was, the overall climate was probably # 2 on that list (even more so than the MD & IL Gov races). Massachusetts didn't surprise me (not sure if I made the prediction on here, but made the preidction on another board that Coakley would lose since she doesn't know how to campaign)
Coakley is such a doofus. Her first race against Brown was hers to lose. She's a clumsy, inept campaigner. I can't believe that's the best that they could recruit.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Don't be silly. Of course they do.

I know this because I have listened in on R officials recruiting black community leaders to run for local and state office.

Officials of both parties actively recruit people at the local and state levels that they think might be good candidates. And, at least in some states, they actively look for credible minority candidates.
Stay with the Democratic party since they work for you... at election time.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I love this picture of her and her dad after it was announced she won. It shows she really wanted it. It makes me more happy she won!
How I wish my dad was still around. Nice picture. He must be proud.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:52 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,620 times
Um, seriously? The "Some of our best friends are black" argument?

Call me when you start to stand up for the rights of *all* black people, because the GOP has been failing spectacularly at that one so far.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:53 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post

The Repubs REALLY care about sexual orientation

Old 11-06-2014, 05:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Um, seriously? The "Some of our best friends are black" argument?

Call me when you start to stand up for the rights of *all* black people, because the GOP has been failing spectacularly at that one so far.
Making a blank statement like that needs to be backed up with examples, can you give us a few? If you are so sure of your facts can you explain why we are seeing more and more educated blacks support the GOP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections