U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 09:35 AM

3,113 posts, read 2,517,852 times

Advertisements

All this excitement over a person with a performing arts degree. I guess she's good at the singing and dancing and acting.

Last edited by SyraBrian; 11-11-2014 at 09:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 10:25 AM

18,794 posts, read 14,231,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
All this excitement over a person with a performing arts degree. I guess she's good at the singing and dancing and acting.
We had a politician with an acting background who did ok. He tore down the Berlin Wall and freed millions from communist enslavement. There was another arts aficionado involved in the freeing of the Eastern bloc: Condoleezza Rice. Perhaps it is time for another beautiful poet warrior.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:44 AM

66,237 posts, read 33,625,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Best comment of this thread.

All you have to do, is look at the democrat black caucus to see tokenism.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:51 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,261,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Congratulations to new Republican senator from South Carolina Tim Scott, also, who became the first African-American senator to win an election in the South since Reconstruction!
I loved him in one recent interview speaking about school choice. That is a winner for me. I agree with Condi Rice - "This is the civil rights issue of our day.”

I also agree that your zip code and color of skin shouldn't dictate your tomorrows. Every child - red, yellow, black or white - needs a chance at life. And it's racist not to give it them.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:29 PM

3,113 posts, read 2,517,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
We had a politician with an acting background who did ok. He tore down the Berlin Wall and freed millions from communist enslavement. There was another arts aficionado involved in the freeing of the Eastern bloc: Condoleezza Rice. Perhaps it is time for another beautiful poet warrior.

Ronald Reagan received a degree in Economics and Sociology. Condoleeza Rice has a B.A. and a Masters Degree in Political Science.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:21 PM

1,309 posts, read 899,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
I don't recall you squealing 'racism!!' when the media and millions of liberals were fawning over their 'first black president.'

strange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And if no one posted a comment in which her race and political affiliation were not mentioned, you democratic racists would be all up in arms claiming racism in all who do not mention it.

It would appear that you wish to relegate her to pet status, without regard of those who voted for her without regard to her race, gender, and more importantly qualifications.

The majority of racism being shown on this subject comes from those like you who lack knowledge on the subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Last time I checked, it was the liberals who defined Obama as being the "first black president" and call the GOP "old white men."
Manufacturing nonsense and making it all about Mia Love's race while pretending Democrats were doing it, pathetic. Conservatives claim to believe skin color means nothing and qualifications are the only thing yet pimp Mia Love out as their best black friend. It's sad and desperate, like a racist white guy having a black person over and saying "hey everyone, look at my black friend!" If race doesn't matter, stop mentioning her race. That of course will not happen as Republicans milk their tokens and dehumanize them for all they're worth.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:29 PM

8,069 posts, read 4,400,626 times
Tell us how you really feel. OK, now back to the clown car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Manufacturing nonsense and making it all about Mia Love's race while pretending Democrats were doing it, pathetic. Conservatives claim to believe skin color means nothing and qualifications are the only thing yet pimp Mia Love out as their best black friend. It's sad and desperate, like a racist white guy having a black person over and saying "hey everyone, look at my black friend!" If race doesn't matter, stop mentioning her race. That of course will not happen as Republicans milk their tokens and dehumanize them for all they're worth.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:57 PM

1,309 posts, read 899,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Tell us how you really feel. OK, now back to the clown car.
Not even a response...typical conservative tactic of having no idea to make an actual defense, call Rush Limbaugh tomorrow morning for your talking points.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:03 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,507,547 times
Default Congrats, but so what?

Yes, congrats to that beautiful black woman.

Of course, until the GOP does a helluva lot more than promote a few tokens to give the appearance of not being the party of Dixie, the GOP remains synonymous with supporting policies which have more in common with the ideology of the Klan than not.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:18 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,231,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Yes, congrats to that beautiful black woman.

Of course, until the GOP does a helluva lot more than promote a few tokens to give the appearance of not being the party of Dixie, the GOP remains synonymous with supporting policies which have more in common with the ideology of the Klan than not.
You do realize that the Klan were virtually all Democrats. Robert Byrd ring a bell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections