Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 01:37 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
When are you racist Republicans going to stop defining people by skin color? Thats shameful that she's just a black pet to you. Many other Republicans won House seats, I don't recall seeing anyone post "white man X just won a seat in the House!" Sad shameful reminder of tokenism and marginalization among conservatives.
And if no one posted a comment in which her race and political affiliation were not mentioned, you democratic racists would be all up in arms claiming racism in all who do not mention it.

It would appear that you wish to relegate her to pet status, without regard of those who voted for her without regard to her race, gender, and more importantly qualifications.

The majority of racism being shown on this subject comes from those like you who lack knowledge on the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 05:38 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Making a blank statement like that needs to be backed up with examples, can you give us a few? If you are so sure of your facts can you explain why we are seeing more and more educated blacks support the GOP?
Um, we actually aren't.

Here, lets discuss this. What we're talking about, from republicans, is not electing this or that person. It's about whining about "New Black Panthers", it's birtherism, it's "Kenyan anti-colonialist", it's the repeated claims that black people must want "welfare" and "Obamaphones", it's "Food Stamp President", it's "I don't want to give blah people other people's money", it's dudes waving confederate flags outside the White House. It's calling Maxine Waters a "poverty pimp", Trayvon Martin and the rapper Common "thugs", and Ferguson protestors and reporters getting attacked by police "rioters and looters" - even as you take up the cause of 20-year tax cheat Cliven Bundy. It's Ben Stein's hysterical claim that Obama is "the most racist president in history". It's representatives like Steve King...pretty much all the time. It's the claims that granting health care access to millions of people, or helping fight Ebola, or the Stimulus bill, is "reparations for slavery". It's the repeated claim that black people are slaves on the "Democrat (sic) Plantation". It's republicans in state offices repeatedly claiming that black voters are a "fraud".

If you think Mia Love (or Tim Scott) can help the GOP's image problem among black people, you're sadly mistaken. Treating her like the legendary "Best Black Friend" does nothing to cancel all of the above. Nobody will care about them, if the rest of the party is spewing stereotypes and openly endorsing black kids being killed for walking down the street.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:58 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I have never seen a Black community leader who would even consider a proposal from the Republican party. Still, you make a good point, if your observations are correct.

I should have said the Republicans do not prey on Black people. I believe the Democrats simply use Black people for the party's own purpose, preying on the Black community's habit of voting en masse.
The specific conversation I am referring to was between an R party official and a black business woman. He did a good job, because she ran, held her seat until she wanted to retire, and became a legislative leader.

This happened a year or two after the Rs ran someone in that very same white, moderate-conservative district who campaigned on "I'm one of us" against a black D incumbent (an executive at a fairly large company). This precinct would go for a moderate R anytime they had one, but a racist R? Nope, they went for the liberal black. By over 60%.

This was about 30 years ago, but I've never forgotten it. I don't think I've ever been prouder of a community I've lived in.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:12 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
When are you racist Republicans going to stop defining people by skin color? Thats shameful that she's just a black pet to you. Many other Republicans won House seats, I don't recall seeing anyone post "white man X just won a seat in the House!" Sad shameful reminder of tokenism and marginalization among conservatives.
Last time I checked, it was the liberals who defined Obama as being the "first black president" and call the GOP "old white men."

Old 11-07-2014, 05:21 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
I guess she figured if you gonna sellout, sell ALL the way out. She moved to the whitest state she could find, became a Mormon, found the lamest white guy that would give her the time of day, and tapdanced her way into office with her bootlicking speeches at the RNC.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:31 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I guess she figured if you gonna sellout, sell ALL the way out. She moved to the whitest state she could find, became a Mormon, found the lamest white guy that would give her the time of day, and tapdanced her way into office with her bootlicking speeches at the RNC.
Giving the twitter a rest I see.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:56 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:

"[M]oved to the whitest state she could find"....prima facie evidence of your racist nature. Thank god Utahans do not see it that way, and elected Mia Love. Libs will continue their racist rants, and Mia Love will continue to kick their sorry behinds into the last century where race-baiting was a viable political strategy.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:20 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Um, we actually aren't.

Here, lets discuss this. What we're talking about, from republicans, is not electing this or that person. It's about whining about "New Black Panthers", it's birtherism, it's "Kenyan anti-colonialist", it's the repeated claims that black people must want "welfare" and "Obamaphones", it's "Food Stamp President", it's "I don't want to give blah people other people's money", it's dudes waving confederate flags outside the White House. It's calling Maxine Waters a "poverty pimp", Trayvon Martin and the rapper Common "thugs", and Ferguson protestors and reporters getting attacked by police "rioters and looters" - even as you take up the cause of 20-year tax cheat Cliven Bundy. It's Ben Stein's hysterical claim that Obama is "the most racist president in history". It's representatives like Steve King...pretty much all the time. It's the claims that granting health care access to millions of people, or helping fight Ebola, or the Stimulus bill, is "reparations for slavery". It's the repeated claim that black people are slaves on the "Democrat (sic) Plantation". It's republicans in state offices repeatedly claiming that black voters are a "fraud".

If you think Mia Love (or Tim Scott) can help the GOP's image problem among black people, you're sadly mistaken. Treating her like the legendary "Best Black Friend" does nothing to cancel all of the above. Nobody will care about them, if the rest of the party is spewing stereotypes and openly endorsing black kids being killed for walking down the street.
Speaking of whining, exaggerating and making things up about a group, exactly what is it you think you just did above? Come on now.

Pot, meet kettle. This isn't helping your case. But then again, perhaps there's nothing they could do to satisfy you.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:51 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Um, we actually aren't.

Here, lets discuss this. What we're talking about, from republicans, is not electing this or that person. It's about whining about "New Black Panthers", it's birtherism, it's "Kenyan anti-colonialist", it's the repeated claims that black people must want "welfare" and "Obamaphones", it's "Food Stamp President", it's "I don't want to give blah people other people's money", it's dudes waving confederate flags outside the White House. It's calling Maxine Waters a "poverty pimp", Trayvon Martin and the rapper Common "thugs", and Ferguson protestors and reporters getting attacked by police "rioters and looters" - even as you take up the cause of 20-year tax cheat Cliven Bundy. It's Ben Stein's hysterical claim that Obama is "the most racist president in history". It's representatives like Steve King...pretty much all the time. It's the claims that granting health care access to millions of people, or helping fight Ebola, or the Stimulus bill, is "reparations for slavery". It's the repeated claim that black people are slaves on the "Democrat (sic) Plantation". It's republicans in state offices repeatedly claiming that black voters are a "fraud"........
As a solid Republican I can proudly endorse almost, but not quite, every one of the items you have in listed.

Yeah, sign me up...."Food Stamp President; Obamaphone; Welfare; Maxine Waters; Treyvon Martin; Most Racist President; Democratic Plantations"....

I'm Good! Evidently, a lot of other people are, too.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:43 PM

28,094 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Well, I'm no Mia Love fan myself -- not because she is a Black, Mormon woman, but because I don't agree with her politics. The thing is, she made those life choices in a completely different order than you said, which actually makes quite a difference between selling out and making something of yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections