U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-05-2014, 04:08 AM
 
16,673 posts, read 9,054,396 times
Reputation: 6739

Advertisements

If this spanking was anti-incumbent, how many incumbent Republicans lost? *crickets*

As of right now the GOP is +12 in the House (and it is projected to grow), up 7 in the Senate (and is projected to wind up +9), up 3 in Governor's houses....and oh by the way....when was the last time the GOP controlled this many state legislatures? *crickets*

This was not anti-incumbent...it was anti-pathological liar in the WH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-05-2014, 04:49 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,327,134 times
Reputation: 9358
I seen a map yesterday of the counties that voted GOP and it was pretty much most of the nation. Guess the left cant use gerrymandering as an excuse either..

They voted Democratic because the Democrats did a better job at lying to them a few years ago about the Republicans, and now voted Republican because they disapprove of the policies put in place and need someone to stop them from doing more damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2014, 04:57 AM
 
Location: Austin
12,023 posts, read 6,868,156 times
Reputation: 13297
Not only red, but, Purple and BLUE states went for the GOP yesterday. Way to go, Americans.

It will be interesting day at WH press briefing today. How will Obama handle such repudiation by the voters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2014, 05:02 AM
 
77,825 posts, read 33,196,343 times
Reputation: 15558
This was totally on Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2014, 05:05 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,327,134 times
Reputation: 9358
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Not only red, but, Purple and BLUE states went for the GOP yesterday. Way to go, Americans.

It will be interesting day at WH press briefing today. How will Obama handle such repudiation by the voters?
Oh I already know what he's going to say..

"I have heard your voices" and then go on to say The GOP needs to pass bipartisan bills and work together for the sake of the american people and stop blocking his wonderful legislations from taking actions which the people just voted against.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2014, 05:11 AM
 
33,892 posts, read 18,418,342 times
Reputation: 7481
Of course, they got their ass's handed to them....not just by a little...

They are goona do and say what ever is needed, hell most dems punted this election yesterday and already started talking about 2016....they knew it was coming...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2014, 05:16 AM
 
77,825 posts, read 33,196,343 times
Reputation: 15558
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Of course, they got their ass's handed to them....not just by a little...

They are goona do and say what ever is needed, hell most dems punted this election yesterday and already started talking about 2016....they knew it was coming...
The problem is whether or not they can reign in Obama. If he goes out on his own on things like amnesty the (D)'s are going to have problems in 2016. Obama is petulant enough to do just that even though the (R)'s would give him nearly everything he wants if he would humble himself enough to work with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2014, 05:19 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,243 posts, read 15,260,971 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If this spanking was anti-incumbent, how many incumbent Republicans lost? *crickets*

As of right now the GOP is +12 in the House (and it is projected to grow), up 7 in the Senate (and is projected to wind up +9), up 3 in Governor's houses....and oh by the way....when was the last time the GOP controlled this many state legislatures? *crickets*

This was not anti-incumbent...it was anti-pathological liar in the WH.
Basically, not enough young minds went to the polls...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2014, 05:20 AM
 
33,892 posts, read 18,418,342 times
Reputation: 7481
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The problem is whether or not they can reign in Obama. If he goes out on his own on things like amnesty the (D)'s are going to have problems in 2016. Obama is petulant enough to do just that even though the (R)'s would give him nearly everything he wants if he would humble himself enough to work with them.
I agree....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2014, 05:21 AM
 
33,892 posts, read 18,418,342 times
Reputation: 7481
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Basically, not enough young minds went to the polls...
Maybe they did, seen the the screen of BS....ever think about that? Of course not...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top