U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-11-2014, 09:21 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,054 posts, read 29,425,983 times
Reputation: 7829

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Republicans did well in blue state legislatures as well.
Okay, again I don't pay attention to states I don't live in so maybe they did. I will take your word on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-11-2014, 09:23 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,226 posts, read 11,479,282 times
Reputation: 4303
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Um, governships in IL, MA, MD are NOT red states.

You should enjoy this;

The Other GOP Wave: State Legislatures | RealClearPolitics
False narrative on your parts.

Before this election, Republicans had full control of 24 states, Democrats had full control of 15.

Republicans had 29 Governorships and 31 Senates, 29 Houses.

You already controlled this country and the majority of the states, and yet ran against "democratic control".

Its a great campaign and PR stunt, but it is a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2014, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,226 posts, read 11,479,282 times
Reputation: 4303
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Okay, again I don't pay attention to states I don't live in so maybe they did. I will take your word on it.
They didnt. They won a total of 8 chambers, some of which were tied before, so they really only picked up one or 2 seats, or in the Case of the Nevada Senate 3. And Nevada isnt a red state, so flipping that chamber isnt some great victory for Republicans. They flipped both Chambers in West Virginia, Minnesota House and I cant remember the rest, but they didnt do what he is claiming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2014, 10:08 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,904 posts, read 6,181,750 times
Reputation: 2224
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
They didnt. They won a total of 8 chambers, some of which were tied before, so they really only picked up one or 2 seats, or in the Case of the Nevada Senate 3. And Nevada isnt a red state, so flipping that chamber isnt some great victory for Republicans. They flipped both Chambers in West Virginia, Minnesota House and I cant remember the rest, but they didnt do what he is claiming.
Well no matter what, they did what Obama said they should do some months back. Start winning some elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2014, 10:14 PM
 
869 posts, read 439,166 times
Reputation: 851
Charlie Baker in Massachusetts had commercials about how strongly he supported gay marriage and how his brother was gay. You won't see many Republicans doing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2014, 08:35 AM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,292,698 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Charlie Baker in Massachusetts had commercials about how strongly he supported gay marriage and how his brother was gay. You won't see many Republicans doing that.
Good. There are about 1000 issues more important than gay marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2014, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,054 posts, read 29,425,983 times
Reputation: 7829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Good. There are about 1000 issues more important than gay marriage.
Well unless it is your right being denied. Funny how those that have the right don't think it is important that others still don't have that same right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2014, 09:44 AM
 
7,846 posts, read 5,268,296 times
Reputation: 4025
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I don't think it has been mentioned but California may have lost it's Dem supermajority as well.
New York lost its veto-proof supermajority in the Assembly also.. but I'm not worried about it. This state is as blue as blue can be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2014, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,226 posts, read 11,479,282 times
Reputation: 4303
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Well no matter what, they did what Obama said they should do some months back. Start winning some elections.
No, you dont get to change the subject.

This thread along with the narrative is a PR stunt. Republicans already controlled the country and a majority of state legislatures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top