Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 04:10 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You already has the above control you speak of, You just got the opportunity to lie to America and blame Democrats for your state problems
Hmm, no, that's not what my post was about at all. My post was a look at how thoroughly Democrats got their a$$es kicked this election and how completely they had their a$$es kicked and one reason why they got their a$$es kicked was because they lied about Obamacare.

Your deliberate misrepresentation of my post means Democrats haven't learned a damn thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 04:54 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Dockside, you are so right. There are fools and then there are young fools. You clearly are neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Hmm, no, that's not what my post was about at all. My post was a look at how thoroughly Democrats got their a$$es kicked this election and how completely they had their a$$es kicked and one reason why they got their a$$es kicked was because they lied about Obamacare.

Your deliberate misrepresentation of my post means Democrats haven't learned a damn thing.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:57 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Here in Washington state the GOP also took control of the upper chamber.

Republicans are likely to rule the Washington state Senate - Strange Bedfellows — Politics News

They had controlled the state Senate with a coalition of GOP members and several conservative Democrats, but now will have outright control

This in an ultra-blue state. The fight in Seattle is not between conservatives and liberals, but between liberals and self-avowed "Marxists," Amid this swell of liberalism the GOP has seized control of the upper body of the state legislature.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:28 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Here in Washington state the GOP also took control of the upper chamber.

Republicans are likely to rule the Washington state Senate - Strange Bedfellows — Politics News

They had controlled the state Senate with a coalition of GOP members and several conservative Democrats, but now will have outright control

This in an ultra-blue state. The fight in Seattle is not between conservatives and liberals, but between liberals and self-avowed "Marxists," Amid this swell of liberalism the GOP has seized control of the upper body of the state legislature.

Since when do "ultra-blue state" and "no iincome tax" go together?

Old 11-09-2014, 02:05 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Republicans already had complete control of 24 States, Democrats only had complete control of 15.

You guys had 28 Governorships and control of 3 more state legislatures.

That means in 28 states you had the Governor+ at least one chamber of the legislature.

You already has the above control you speak of, You just got the opportunity to lie to America and blame Democrats for your state problems
In fairness, some states just got a bad shake. Michigan/Detroit failed because of the auto industry decline, not because of Democrat policies. Alternatively though, New Jersey's finances are in terrible shape because of Democrats.

In some instances, blame for your party is warranted.

Likewise goes for Republicans. Mississippi isn't poor because of Republican policies. The causes go back wayyyy before the GOP became the Southern party. Likewise though, you can blame some of the issues Kansas has been having on Brownback.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:06 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Since when do "ultra-blue state" and "no iincome tax" go together?
Washington is an ultra blue state and has no income tax.

Old 11-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

Your argument is that Democrats got their buts kicked based on losing 2 senate seats in Nevada, 14 House seats in West Virginia , and 13 Seats in the Minnesota House ?

Thats your argument. And that is exactly why i said what i said, you are wrong and you dont even see it.

Old 11-09-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
In fairness, some states just got a bad shake. Michigan/Detroit failed because of the auto industry decline, not because of Democrat policies. Alternatively though, New Jersey's finances are in terrible shape because of Democrats.

In some instances, blame for your party is warranted.

Likewise goes for Republicans. Mississippi isn't poor because of Republican policies. The causes go back wayyyy before the GOP became the Southern party. Likewise though, you can blame some of the issues Kansas has been having on Brownback.
Thats not really what I was saying.

Republicans Before this election had Control of the Governorship, House and Senate of 24 States

You held the governorship and at least one chamber of Legislature in 27 states.

Do you know how many States Democrats had full control of ????

15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How exactly can it be a revolt of Democratic policies if Democrats dont control the majority of states. heck Minnesota is given as an example in this forum, Mark Dayton won re election by 100,000 votes 6% points to be exact.

The argument that it was a rebuke of Democratic policies doesnt make sense.

Old 11-09-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I guess that is why I was surprised, it was untrue information.
Not only was he wrong, but Republicans actually held the senate for 16 years from 1993 to 2009

Old 11-09-2014, 04:44 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Your argument is that Democrats got their buts kicked based on losing 2 senate seats in Nevada, 14 House seats in West Virginia , and 13 Seats in the Minnesota House ?

Thats your argument. And that is exactly why i said what i said, you are wrong and you dont even see it.
Wow, some of you folks are really playing with yourselves. Here, play with this and leave the adults alone - Election results, 2014 - Ballotpedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections